IT.COM

New Namesilo Marketplace

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

cocaseco

Top Member
Impact
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
We have updated the Marketplace landing pages to now show if a payment plan is available. If a minimum down payment is entered as part of your sale, that will show as well. Hope this helps!

•••
Can someone please post a screen shot? Thanks

•••

Attachments

• sample1.jpg
    sample1.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 33
  • sample2.jpg
    sample2.jpg
    193.4 KB · Views: 31
•••
We have updated the Marketplace landing pages to now show if a payment plan is available. If a minimum down payment is entered as part of your sale, that will show as well. Hope this helps!
You might want to flesh out/change the landing page text slightly, to also reflect that they can start using the domain immediately, along with the fact that they will get full ownership after completing the down-payment.

“You get the domain immediately after down-payment” alone might make it seem like the buyer will have to complete the full down payment before being able to start using the domain.

•••
You might want to flesh out/change the landing page text slightly, to also reflect that they can start using the domain immediately, along with the fact that they will get full ownership after completing the down-payment.

“You get the domain immediately after down-payment” alone might make it seem like the buyer will have to complete the full down payment before being able to start using the domain.

Thanks. We're certainly open to any suggestions. Sometimes things make more sense to us as we're intimately familiar with the service and terminology we use that it may not make sense to others :)

•••
HI I am very pleased with the changes, especially raising the wire payment threshold to 5k.

There is a point I'd like to clarify in the ToS under Marketplace Seller Terms
https://www.namesilo.com/popups/marketplace_terms.php

• You are permitted to link to and promote your sale, but you cannot list your domain for sale on any venue that processes payment while your domain is listed for sale within our marketplace.

So can the domain also be listed on other sales platforms as well, eg Sedo?

•••
I haven't read all the replies, there seem to be too many of them.

Under no circumstances will I have anything to do with PayPal as I consider them to be dishonest. This would appear to be the preferred method of payment for domain name sales. Is there a possibility that we could be paid with Bitcoin as you seem to be willing to accept it?

•••
HI I am very pleased with the changes, especially raising the wire payment threshold to 5k.

There is a point I'd like to clarify in the ToS under Marketplace Seller Terms
https://www.namesilo.com/popups/marketplace_terms.php

So can the domain also be listed on other sales platforms as well, eg Sedo?

Thanks - appreciate the feedback!

To answer your question, the section in the terms that you highlighted does not allow listing domains on other marketplaces. However, this is very much a "cover your ass" clause for us that is not enforced or monitored. It is in place in case someone has a domain listed for sale on our Marketplace that sells at the same time the same domain may have sold on a different Marketplace as well. In that very rare hypothetical case that we have not seen happen to date, the Buyer at one of the Marketplaces would not get the domain. Therefore, this clause is intended to give security to Buyers that if they purchase a domain on our Marketplace that they would indeed receive the domain. However, again, we do not monitor or enforce domains being sold on other Marketplace in addition to our own.

•••
I haven't read all the replies, there seem to be too many of them.

Under no circumstances will I have anything to do with PayPal as I consider them to be dishonest. This would appear to be the preferred method of payment for domain name sales. Is there a possibility that we could be paid with Bitcoin as you seem to be willing to accept it?

Thanks for the feedback. Yes, we are planning on allowing payouts for Marketplace sales to be made via Bitcoin and also company check shortly. These new options will be in addition to PayPal, NameSilo account funds and wire transfer which are already offered.

•••
Can I sell domains in this marketplace that are currently at other registrars?

•••
Thanks. We're certainly open to any suggestions. Sometimes things make more sense to us as we're intimately familiar with the service and terminology we use that it may not make sense to others :)
One way to avoid any confusion might be to combine the two pages like this:
nsc.jpg

•••
Just just created an account at NameSilo... it seems you CAN NOT sell domains that are registered elsewhere, despite the claims in this thread and the comparison to all of the other sales platforms that DO allow you to sell domains regardless of registrar.

Too bad, we need more options.

Last edited:
•••
Just just created an account at NameSilo... it seems you CAN NOT sell domains that are registered elsewhere, despite the claims in this thread and the comparison to all of the other sales platforms that DO allow you to sell domains regardless of registrar.

Too bad, we need more options.

I think there is a difference between their Marketplace (domains only at NS?) and MarketSites (any domain?) https://www.namesilo.com/Support/Domain-Investor-Tools

MarketSite Features
  • Create an unlimited number of web sites entirely for free to list your domains for sale
  • Simple point-and-click interface allows you to get setup in minutes
  • You can list any domains for sale - not just those in your NameSilo account ...

•••
•••
Can I sell domains in this marketplace that are currently at other registrars?

Sorry, but you cannot. Currently, only domains registered with us can be sold in our Marketplace.

•••
Yes, they SAY that, but when you create an account it says the only way to list domains is check the box next to your list of NameSilo domains. Looks like a bait and switch, unfortunately.

Hello. Sorry for any confusion, but we do not make any claims anywhere that domains not registered with us can be sold in our Marketplace. This is something we will likely be adding in the future, but it is not currently available. As @carob mentioned, you may be confusing our Marketplace and our MarketSites service which does allow creating your own web site(s) for listing your domains for sale. Again though, this MarketSites service is different than listing domains for sale in our Marketplace.

•••
One way to avoid any confusion might be to combine the two pages like this:
Show attachment 47799

Thanks for the suggestion... I will be sure to pass it along to see if this is something we can do on the landing page template you are referring to. It may be complicated based on how the landing pages are setup to show only minimal information, but we'll still take a look.

•••
•••
•••
Hi Everyone,

We are excited to announce that, based on popular demand, we have just added API controls for our Marketplace! You can now use our API to add sales, modify sales and view details on active sale. This allows for programmatic interfaces with our Marketplace and we hope makes it easier for you to add and maintain your sales in our Marketplace. We have a few other things we'll be doing in the coming weeks to take further advantage of this new functionality so stay tuned!

Here are links with more information:

https://www.namesilo.com/api_reference.php#marketplaceAddOrModifySale

https://www.namesilo.com/api_reference.php#marketplaceActiveSalesOverview

•••
Thank you NameSilo. Keep up the good work!

But, For God's sake, please DO NOT consider or enable selling of non-NameSilo regged domains. I already have to constantly remove my new domains from marketplaces that do allow such a thing (Sedo, Uniregistry, Afternic, Godaddy Auctions etc.). Listed by previous owners who never removed them. What a time waste. And you WILL have to hire extra staff to maintain your marketplace clean, should other domains start appearing on your marketplace someday! I am sorry, but many domainers simply do not even know what they really own. On various occasions, I have seen attempts to re-add the domains (which I managed to have removed or moved to my account) made by previous owners, as they are still of opinion that they own something that was expired and dropped.

Last edited:
•••
@namesilo - really like the new API options related to the marketplace.
Keep up the good work!

And... I kind of agree with @tonyk2000 - I'm not sure it would be such a great idea to permit the sale of a domain regged with another registrar.

•••
Thank you NameSilo. Keep up the good work!

But, For God's sake, please DO NOT consider or enable selling of non-NameSilo regged domains. I already have to constantly remove my new domains from marketplaces that do allow such a thing (Sedo, Uniregistry, Afternic, Godaddy Auctions etc.). Listed by previous owners who never removed them. What a time waste. And you WILL have to hire extra staff to maintain your marketplace clean, should other domains start appearing on your marketplace someday! I am sorry, but many domainers simply do not even know what they really own. On various occasions, I have seen attempts to re-add the domains (which I managed to have removed or moved to my account) made by previous owners, as they are still of opinion that they own something that was expired and dropped.

Thanks - much appreciated. On the topic of letting domains from other registrars into our Marketplace, this is not something that we have 100% decided upon to-date. We bring up a number of our concerns in your post, and there are others as well, so this will not be something that will happen quickly, or even ever.

Thanks again for taking the time to make your post.

•••
@namesilo It seems we can't list domains which are less than 60 days old in your marketplace. Why is that? For example,on GoDaddy you can list as premium listing as soon as you reg it. Something along those lines would be great.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back