IT.COM

New Namesilo Marketplace

NameSilo
Watch

cocaseco

Top Member
Impact
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
@thekiller - apologies for any delays but our team needs to check all payouts for fraud/validity before sending and this can sometimes take a few hours.
Yes you can flag anyone and close their accounts with your low-end rules in kindergarten level :ROFL:

•••
Yes you may use AWS route53 too. It has a very very short latency and high-end too.

My credit cards refuse amazon as amazon tries to charge without CCV code. I contacted amazon, they told it's what it is, they don't want to change it. It's quite weird for a giant company like amazon.

•••
Hi NamePros - an important announcement:
Unfortunately, due to increased cases of fraud and tax evasion, we will need to phase out Bitcoin as a payout option for marketplace transactions. Any payments currently in the queue will be delivered over the next week. We will continue offering payout options of Wire transfers, PayPal, Alipay, Skrill and Dwolla. Apologies for the inconvenience this causes to our legitimate users.
My credit cards refuse amazon as amazon tries to charge without CCV code. I contacted amazon, they told it's what it is, they don't want to change it. It's quite weird for a giant company like amazon.
Just buy a Vanilla gift card and it will go through. Join their first year free tier. Your cost will be very very low mate.

•••
@thekiller - apologies for any delays but our team needs to check all payouts for fraud/validity before sending and this can sometimes take a few hours.

This used to take 15 minutes, now after 24 hours the funds are not in my account (Namesilo balance), which holds other things back, like renewals and DNS changes (which won't work on domains in the grace period).

I thought you use the 7 days to validate funds....why the extra dealy....

•••
I thought you use the 7 days to validate funds....why the extra delay....

The 7 day window is for payments to go through. Unfortunately, we have had to add this additional security check because we have been seeing increased fraud lately and must protect against it. Otherwise, we would need to increase our commission fees to cover against eventual fraud.

•••
The 7 day window is for payments to go through. Unfortunately, we have had to add this additional security check because we have been seeing increased fraud lately and must protect against it. Otherwise, we would need to increase our commission fees to cover against eventual fraud.

In this case it would be better to increase your total inspection time from 7 days to 8 or even 9, but when the funds show in green, they should be instantly available.

Otherwise, the uncertainty that is caused becomes soooooo frustrating....

•••
Didn't know where to post this, so will post here.

Bid $1000 on a domain yesterday and around 11 hours to go before the domain was mine, domain got renewed, gutting to say the least :grumpy: I went out of my way and everything just to get to a computer to bid this amount when the max price got lowered to $1000. I wouldn’t have minded too much domain getting renewed 2 days before, but the final day and last few hours left a bad taste in my mouth, it felt unfair 1) to me and 2) NameSilio (since they lost $1000).

I think NameSilo should raise prices of final day renewals considerably to stop people abusing the system and renewing on final day when there’s an auction going off, there’s a good domain on there now with 7 days to go (won’t say which) but it’s going to get renewed final day because the owner did the same thing last year.

Last edited:
•••
Most of the domains get always renewed

•••
Didn't know where to post this, so will post here.

Bid $1000 on a domain yesterday and around 11 hours to go before the domain was mine, domain got renewed, gutting to say the least :grumpy: I went out of my way and everything just to get to a computer to bid this amount when the max price got lowered to $1000. I wouldn’t have minded too much domain getting renewed 2 days before, but the final day and last few hours left a bad taste in my mouth, it felt unfair 1) to me and 2) NameSilio (since they lost $1000).

I think NameSilo should raise prices of final day renewals considerably to stop people abusing the system and renewing on final day when there’s an auction going off, there’s a good domain on there now with 7 days to go (won’t say which) but it’s going to get renewed final day because the owner did the same thing last year.
Actually people use this auction to know the likely worth of their names.

•••
Actually people use this auction to know the likely worth of their names.

Well that’s not good is it and just wasting everyone’s time.

Putting renewal costs up to say $100 during the final 5 days (when max bid get lowered each day) and $250 on final day will stop people abusing this system.

There's just no reason to leave a domain you want to keep run to the final few hours, i just don't see the logic in it. What happens if something happens in your life that day (ill health/family emergency etc) you've lost the domain because you was trolling around.

Last edited:
•••
I suggest you don’t bid until the last day. Anything good there gets renewed. If owner is watching he will have to watch until last minute. So are they reducing the max amounts again that used to slide down closer it got? That was a big mistake IMO by NS. People would pay the $50 $25 or $15 and be done with it. Now they are lucky to get to $10.

•••
I suggest you don’t bid until the last day. Anything good there gets renewed. If owner is watching he will have to watch until last minute. So are they reducing the max amounts again that used to slide down closer it got? That was a big mistake IMO by NS. People would pay the $50 $25 or $15 and be done with it. Now they are lucky to get to $10.

I didn't bid until last day. As said in my original post, max bid got lowered to $1000 on the final day and i bid that amount.

•••
I didn't bid until last day. As said in my original post, max bid got lowered to $1000 on the final day and i bid that amount.

Wonder why it was lowered I don’t see any others with a falling price anymore. That is a tough break but happens almost always over there so expect it. I have seen it hundreds if not thousands of times. Often they wait til the last hour to renew.

•••
@namesilo

Is there any plans to add proxy bidding? if you bid a large amount it automatically goes to that price instead of a minimum increment and an auto bid process.

It would really help adding this for those who aren't in a suitable timezone (e.g. western europe) to compete in expired auctions, especially since the end time was moved back an hour

Last edited:
•••
@namesilo

Is there any plans to add proxy bidding? if you bid a large amount it automatically goes to that price instead of a minimum increment and an auto bid process.

It would really help adding this for those who aren't in a suitable timezone (e.g. western europe) to compete in expired auctions, especially since the end time was moved back an hour
Yes, we're working to add proxy bidding for expired domain auctions as well. It has gotten slightly delayed due to the amount of work involved on the backend but we plan is to have it out asap.

•••
@namesilo,

I found a related information regarding how to transfer a domain from your transfer page

Domains must also meet the following criteria in order to be transferred:
  • Must have been registered more than 60 days ago
  • Could not have transferred from a different registrar within the last 60 days
  • Was not purchased via our Marketplace within the last 60 days
  • Is not locked due to court order, UDRP action, etc.

Q: is your expired domain auctions locked the domain for 60 days of transfer-out too?

Thanks

•••
@namesilo,

Q: is your expired domain auctions locked the domain for 60 days of transfer-out too?

Yes, by default domains won through expired auctions will be locked for 60 days per ICANN policy (since the registrant contact info is changing).

•••
Yes, we're working to add proxy bidding for expired domain auctions as well. It has gotten slightly delayed due to the amount of work involved on the backend but we plan is to have it out asap.

I can see you've now added proxy bidding on the new expired auction pages! Looks much nicer UI-wise too

•••
Hmm - actually the issue still persists it seems. You can add now add a proxy but instead of it bidding the minimum amount (should be $5 in this case) it appears to have jumped straight to their highest proxy price immediately
Screenshot 2020-09-02 at 15.00.55.png

•••
Hmm - actually the issue still persists it seems. You can add now add a proxy but instead of it bidding the minimum amount (should be $5 in this case) it appears to have jumped straight to their highest proxy price immediately Show attachment 165888

Can you please PM us the details of that domain name or let our support team know at [email protected] so our product team can investigate.

•••
@namesilo why do you require account funds to bid in expired auctions, even with a verified credit card? especially when nearly every name is renewed in the last 5 minutes, it is not good having to tie up a ton of money in account funds & and then requesting refunds. let people pay when they've won

•••
@namesilo why do you require account funds to bid in expired auctions, even with a verified credit card? especially when nearly every name is renewed in the last 5 minutes, it is not good having to tie up a ton of money in account funds & and then requesting refunds. let people pay when they've won

The reason for account funds bidding is because otherwise, we end up with fake bids which then creates issues with finding the rightful winning bidder post the auction. But we do allow credit limits for users that have a history of participations in our auctions. Please email us at [email protected] to see if your account qualifies.

•••
Do you mind explaining this because I'm having the same problem now. I withdrew since about 26 hours ago and I'm yet to get the funds in my PayPal. This is my first sale for that matter. Please don't crash my morale.

•••
Do you mind explaining this because I'm having the same problem now. I withdrew since about 26 hours ago and I'm yet to get the funds in my PayPal. This is my first sale for that matter. Please don't crash my morale.

Hey,

Can you please PM me the domain you sold and I can get the case looked at

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back