IT.COM

New Namesilo Marketplace

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

cocaseco

Top Member
Impact
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Which template are you guys having the most success with? Which do you think would work best?

Show attachment 62693

Show attachment 62694

Ok - a bit of data (I will refer the blue landing page shown above as "responsive" and the other template as "non-responsive"):

Currently, 62.26% of landing pages use the responsive template. Please keep in mind that this is the default selection of the two so that likely play a role.

As far as past results:
  • 57.88% of sales for domains using a landing page in our system were made via the responsive template so the conversion rate is slightly lower with the responsive template.
  • Average sale price using the responsive template has been $479.40
  • Average sale price using the non-responsive template has been $249.71
Please keep in mind that the data above take all sales into consideration. Therefore, the results could be greatly impacted by a few high dollar figure sales as well as low dollar figure sales.

•••
I'm happy to report that incoming offers are way up since the recent landing page/offer-counter offer page updates were introduced!

COOL - very happy to hear it!!

•••
Very interesting question... let me see if we've been keeping analytics on usage and success of the landing pages and post back if we have anything.
Looking at it like a buyer, if I landed on the blue one I would feel a bit skeptical to click on the link. I like the simplicity of it but
Ok - a bit of data (I will refer the blue landing page shown above as "responsive" and the other template as "non-responsive"):

Currently, 62.26% of landing pages use the responsive template. Please keep in mind that this is the default selection of the two so that likely play a role.

As far as past results:
  • 57.88% of sales for domains using a landing page in our system were made via the responsive template so the conversion rate is slightly lower with the responsive template.
  • Average sale price using the responsive template has been $479.40
  • Average sale price using the non-responsive template has been $249.71
Please keep in mind that the data above take all sales into consideration. Therefore, the results could be greatly impacted by a few high dollar figure sales as well as low dollar figure sales.
Thanks for the info. :)

•••
Thinking out loud ... it would be great if we would be able to add an image/logo to the landing page... :)

•••

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the non-responsive template is the default.

•••
Not surprisingly, the Responsive design looks way better on mobile.

NS - Responsive.PNG
NS - Non Responsive.PNG

•••
The bottom one, the one you currently use is the responsive one?
Thanks for showing the differrence

•••
•••
•••
@namesilo - Here are two requests/suggestions:

Negotiation history

During negotiations it’s not possible to access the discussion (the “notes” sent with each offer/counter offer) that has taken place between buyer and seller prior to the most recent one. Each new counter offer made by seller/buyer makes all previous negotiation history inaccessible. I'm getting around this by taking a screenshot of every offer/counter offer note before it becomes inaccessible, but it would be much better if we could access all negotiation messages via the system instead.

Landing page domain case
It would be great if there was a way to bulk edit the domain case that is shown on the landing page (domainname.com -> DomainName.com). Camel casing domains one by one in the Financial/Marketing section is very inconvenient and time consuming, as it requires multiple clicks + navigation + page load/edit saving waiting time for every domain case edit. To make this process more effective, maybe you could let us tick the box next to a number of domains in this section, then let us click on a "domain case" button (can be added next to the other buttons in "actions for selected domains"), and then provide a text box with all the selected domains (either on a new page or as a pop up box), so that we can then proceed to bulk edit letter case for all the selected domains in the text box, and then save the changes.

•••
•••
@Adam27 - From what I understood from their announcement, it's not just for payments above $5000. It's for all payments paid via a wire transfer. All payments above $5000 will be wire transfers since that is the only payment option for such sales (afternic requires a wire for all payments above $2500, and at sedo I believe it's $5000, same as namesilo), hence all $5000+ sales will have a 3% commission by default.

But sales below $5000 can also be paid with a wire transfer. So if somebody pays $2500 and does a wire transfer, commission fee on that sale would be 3%. But if they paid $2500 with a credit card, the commission fee would be 7.5%.

@namesilo - please correct me if I'm wrong.

•••
@Adam27 - From what I understood from their announcement, it's not just for payments above $5000. It's for all payments paid via a wire transfer. All payments above $5000 will be wire transfers since that is the only payment option for such sales (afternic requires a wire for all payments above $2500, and at sedo I believe it's $5000, same as namesilo), hence all $5000+ sales will have a 3% commission by default.

But sales below $5000 can also be paid with a wire transfer. So if somebody pays $2500 and does a wire transfer, commission fee on that sale would be 3%. But if they paid $2500 with a credit card, the commission fee would be 7.5%.

@namesilo - please correct me if I'm wrong.

Hi @Arca . Yes, you are correct in what you wrote. Any transaction paid via wire is now set as a 3% commission with immediate payouts available. I'll respond to the other open issues in this thread later today or tomorrow :)

•••
Wow, that's exciting! Good to see Namesilo leading the pack with superfast response. Keep up the good work. Are you running any sales campaign to encourage bulk transfer to NS now?

•••
Wow, that's exciting! Good to see Namesilo leading the pack with superfast response. Keep up the good work. Are you running any sales campaign to encourage bulk transfer to NS now?
Would really like this too... I want to consolidate all my domains at NS myself. Doing it slowly right now but if there was a promo for bulk transfer, I'd love to take that up

•••
I want to consolidate all my domains
Totally agreed. GD is getting expensive, requiring paying quite a lot to maintain the Discount Club membership.

•••
A slightly different topic from the Marketplace but I'd like to request for the following features in the Domain management interface:

1. Additional filtering of domains - Filters based on Nameserver, Status (Active, Expired, Grace etc)
2. Casing of domain names
3. "Copy to clipboard" of selected domain names

I also noticed a peculiarity in the Domain registration pricing:

upload_2017-7-3_11-57-54.png

As seen in the above, the Discount program is useful for the slabs 1-49 domains only up to 500 domains. Until then, registrations are cheaper _without_ the discount program. That does not make sense. Especially for us domain investors. Can you help us understand why these pricing tiers were chosen? Further, why the difference in tiers between regular pricing and discount program pricing?

Similarly, for renewal pricing:

upload_2017-7-3_11-59-55.png

Under the discount program, the tiers here are very different from the registration tiers. Any reason for this? Wouldn't it be simpler (for both NS and users) to have tiers similar to registrations tiers?

It would be great if the tiers were standardized across discount and regular pricing for both registrations and renewals.

•••
1. Additional filtering of domains - Filters based on Nameserver, Status (Active, Expired, Grace etc)
Domain Manager search already looks at nameserver match, so it’s possible to filter by nameserver in this way. If you only want to see names using a specific nameserver, you can type that nameserver into search, (i.e. “brandbucket.com” or “nameserver.io”), and only the domains with that nameserver will show up in the search results.
@namesilo - If you introduce this feature it would be great if you could make it optional whether or not to show the edited domain case under Domain Manager. When I camel case domains via Marketplace—>Financial/Marketing I only want the letter case to be reflected on the landing page of the domain. When I'm managing my portfolio via Domain Manager I prefer all names to stay lower case, as it's easier to skim through or analyze a list of lower cased domains.
Instead of only getting the list of names copied to clipboard, perhaps it would be more useful if “export to csv” gave you the selected names? Then you could easily copy that list of domains from the excel file. But you’d also have the option of copying the expiry dates of those names along with them (if preparing a sales thread for example) or the authorization codes (if doing a bulk transfer out of a certain group of names).

•••

Hello, and thanks for the response. Sorry, but we do not have any transfer specials at this time.
We occasionally can offer small discounts for very large transfer orders. We can't guarantee this is always possible as our transfer pricing is already very near our cost.

However, for anybody reading this, please email [email protected] with the following information and we will reply to let you know if a discount is possible. Please just remember we cannot always do so, and even if we can, it would likely only be something like a 1-2% discount:
  • Number of domains
  • Mix of TLDs
  • Preferred/possible methods of payment (credit/debit card, PayPal, AliPay, Skrill, Bitcoin, Dwolla or wire transfer)
Thanks for the consideration!

•••
A slightly different topic from the Marketplace but I'd like to request for the following features in the Domain management interface:

I also noticed a peculiarity in the Domain registration pricing:

Show attachment 62918

As seen in the above, the Discount program is useful for the slabs 1-49 domains only up to 500 domains. Until then, registrations are cheaper _without_ the discount program. That does not make sense. Especially for us domain investors. Can you help us understand why these pricing tiers were chosen? Further, why the difference in tiers between regular pricing and discount program pricing?

Similarly, for renewal pricing:

Show attachment 62919

Under the discount program, the tiers here are very different from the registration tiers. Any reason for this? Wouldn't it be simpler (for both NS and users) to have tiers similar to registrations tiers?

It would be great if the tiers were standardized across discount and regular pricing for both registrations and renewals.

Hello @anantj , and thanks for the note. A few responses:
  1. @Arca is correct regarding searches for name servers using the keyword search. If you sort by expiration ascending, then you will see the domains ordered by expiration status.
  2. Casing of domains is possible via the Financial/Marketing screen (https://www.namesilo.com/account_marketplace_financial_marketing.php). Based on sugestions from @Arca above, we will probably introduce a bulk edit feature for casing in the coming days.
  3. A "copy to clipboard" option is interesting. We will look into that to see what would be involved. One thing we added a few weeks ago was the ability to multi-select domains in ranges by clicking the checkbox for the first domain in the range and then using "shift-click" for the domain at the end of the range.
Regarding the pricing, the prices on the left of the chart (1-49, 50-100, 101-500) is for large single orders of new domain registrations. For example, if you placed a single order to register 65 new domains, then you would receive the 50-100 pricing. The Discount Program pricing applies to all registrations and renewals and is based upon the number of active domains in your account and is used to lower pricing for people with larger portfolios and those people willing to pay via their account funds balance. All of our pricing methodology is build around being able to lower costs when our processing costs and risk can be lowered. For example, most methods of payment charge merchants, such as ourselves, a percentage plus a per transaction fee. By creating pricing programs that allow us to reduce our processing costs, allows us to lower our prices.

Hope this helps :)

•••
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the non-responsive template is the default.

Sorry, you are correct. The non-responsive design is the default.

•••
@namesilo - Here are two requests/suggestions:

Negotiation history

During negotiations it’s not possible to access the discussion (the “notes” sent with each offer/counter offer) that has taken place between buyer and seller prior to the most recent one. Each new counter offer made by seller/buyer makes all previous negotiation history inaccessible. I'm getting around this by taking a screenshot of every offer/counter offer note before it becomes inaccessible, but it would be much better if we could access all negotiation messages via the system instead.

Landing page domain case
It would be great if there was a way to bulk edit the domain case that is shown on the landing page (domainname.com -> DomainName.com). Camel casing domains one by one in the Financial/Marketing section is very inconvenient and time consuming, as it requires multiple clicks + navigation + page load/edit saving waiting time for every domain case edit. To make this process more effective, maybe you could let us tick the box next to a number of domains in this section, then let us click on a "domain case" button (can be added next to the other buttons in "actions for selected domains"), and then provide a text box with all the selected domains (either on a new page or as a pop up box), so that we can then proceed to bulk edit letter case for all the selected domains in the text box, and then save the changes.

Thanks for pointing out the issue related to showing notes applied to negotiation histories. We have just added this to the "Manage Domain Sale" page where you can see a history of offers/counters.

We are looking into the ability to bulk-update casing...

•••
I wanted to give a quick update on our Marketplace performance as we are only a few days shy of our 1-year anniversary since launching the Marketplace. Here is a look at our results for our first 12 months:
  • Over 55,000 domains have been listed for sale
    • Over 40,000 Offer/Counter-offer domains listed for sale
    • Over 15,000 Auction domains listed for sale
  • 578 domains have been sold
    • 422 via Offer/Counter-offer sale
    • 156 via Auction sale
  • $145,687 in total sales revenue
    • $124,763 sold via Offer/Counter-offer sale
    • $20,924 sold via Auction sale
  • $252.05 average sale price
    • $295.65 average Offer/Counter-offer sale
    • $134.14 average Auction sale
  • $3,000 largest Offer/Counter-offer sale
  • $1,980 largest Auction sale
  • 2 Buyer charge backs
  • Average payout in 7.3 days
We are pleased with the results from our first year offering our Marketplace. The number of available sales and total sales revenue has gone up nearly every month compared to the previous month.

Still, we understand that there are some things we can improve upon and are planning to do so. We feel we are an excellent option for sales under $1,000 as those do not require a wire. We are considering ways to offer the same ease of purchase for sales over $1,000 while protecting our marketplace from charge backs, fraud, etc. We also have plans for further expansion in a number of areas. I can't give details now, but 2017 should see some pretty exciting enhancements.

Also, please note that while we of course would like everyone to use our Marketplace, we still want to provide other options to help you gain exposure for your domain sales efforts. This is why we are SedoMLS and Afternic Fast Transfer partners, and also why we offer many other free services for managing your entire domain portfolio with us or any other registrar as well as offering a platform for listing your domains from any registrar for sale - and completely for free. If you are unfamiliar with these options, you can learn more here:

https://www.namepros.com/threads/namesilos-domain-investor-tools-marketsites.949242/

We made the post above in early November 2016. At that time (about 8 months ago), we were very happy to see momentum starting to build for our Marketplace. As noted, at the time of that post, we had generated a total of $145,000 of domain sales in the first full year of our Marketplace. I am very pleased to report some more recent results....

In the first half of 2016, we have generated over $450,000 of sales, with our largest 2 months of Marketplace revenue happening in the last 2 months in a row.... June 2017 alone saw $116,190 in sales!

Many of the ratios listed from our November 2016 post above are still holding regarding the ratio of sale types (auction versus offer/counter offer). A few other pieces of data from just the first half of 2017:

Note that Offer/Counter-offer sale means a pure BIN sale in many cases
  • $450,967.35 in total sales revenue
  • $399,453.20 sold via Offer/Counter-offer sale
  • $51,514.15 sold via Auction sale

• 1,083 domains have been sold
  • 830 via Offer/Counter-offer sale
  • 253 via Auction sale
  • $416.40 average sale price
  • $33,250 largest Offer/Counter-offer sale
  • $10,100 largest Auction sale
  • 71 sales setup with a payment plant
  • 1 Buyer charge back
  • Average payout in 6.4 days

We are very encouraged by this growth with our Marketplace and we would like to thank many NP members on this thread and others for their very helpful and well-thought out ideas for improvement. We remain committed to offering a good option for your domain sales and continuing to enhance our offering.

Thanks everyone!

•••
  1. A "copy to clipboard" option is interesting. We will look into that to see what would be involved. One thing we added a few weeks ago was the ability to multi-select domains in ranges by clicking the checkbox for the first domain in the range and then using "shift-click" for the domain at the end of the range.

Thanks. I am so used to Gmail that I sort of use that subconsciously and did not realize this was a new feature. Great feature. Thank you for adding it.

Regarding the pricing, the prices on the left of the chart (1-49, 50-100, 101-500) is for large single orders of new domain registrations. For example, if you placed a single order to register 65 new domains, then you would receive the 50-100 pricing. The Discount Program pricing applies to all registrations and renewals and is based upon the number of active domains in your account and is used to lower pricing for people with larger portfolios and those people willing to pay via their account funds balance. All of our pricing methodology is build around being able to lower costs when our processing costs and risk can be lowered. For example, most methods of payment charge merchants, such as ourselves, a percentage plus a per transaction fee. By creating pricing programs that allow us to reduce our processing costs, allows us to lower our prices.

Ahh... This makes a lot more sense. This was definitely not clear from the pricing page. Perhaps you can add some text to add clarity on this.

•••
In the first half of 2016, we have generated over $450,000 of sales, with our largest 2 months of Marketplace revenue happening in the last 2 months in a row.... June 2017 alone saw $116,190 in sales!

These are great numbers and very promising. Thank you for sharing this information.

Presumably, you meant First half of 2017 in the first sentence.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back