IT.COM

New Namesilo Marketplace

NameSilo
Watch

cocaseco

Top Member
Impact
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
@namesilo - While the suggestions above are about smaller issues/things that could be improved, I did run into what I consider a significant issue with the performance of your landing pages. It's something I did not expect to be an issue, but it has turned out to be the most significant drawback for me when it comes to selling names via the NS marketplace, and I do think some major updates/optimization of your landing pages would be good in regards to the issues I will outline in the following.

To provide some context, I list all of my domains with a buy it now price (mostly in the $1000-5000 range) and I also let prospective buyers make me an offer (mostly with a minimum at or above $500, so as to weed out time wasters and tire kickers). Prior to using your landing pages, I pointed my domains to Afternic's landing pages (example), and I pretty consistently got multiple offers per week, and a good chunk of those turned into sales every month. In my experience, taking offers and then negotiating with buyers is an effective way of selling names via type-in traffic, in addition to the sales gotten from outright BIN sales. There are some people who just won't pay the list price, and giving them a discount has worked well for me in terms of selling to buyer's who wouldn't have bought the name at the full price, so it's a good way to add to total sales.

However, after I moved my domains over to NameSilo's landing pages, I am getting very few offers compared with before. The main issue seems to be that there is no indication whatsoever on the initial landing page that there is a make offer option. While I'm not a big fan of Afternic's for sale landing page, one thing it does well is to make the BIN price, along with the minimum offer price, clear to any visitors, with a form containing the minimum offer price and a make offer button. On your landing page, the buyer has to click on the "more info" button to find out that there is a make offer function, and it is only indicated by text (there are no visual cues, such as a make offer button). It appears that most buyers do not manage to figure this out or do not bother, because I am almost not getting any offers compared with before.

I thought the market might have slowed down since I moved over to your landing pages, but I moved a few hundred names back to Afternic landing pages again, and the offers immediately resumed at normal levels (and I turned several of them into sales). I moved those names back to NameSilo landing pages again, and the offers disappeared again, so the issue here seems to be with your current landing page design. Total offers are also way down compared with when I primarily forwarded my domains to Afternic landing pages.

The people who have made me offers via NameSilo so far are generally buyers who have been very eager to buy the domain, so they probably took their time to pour over all the details and figured out they could make an offer. I have sold nearly all domains I got offers for via your marketplace, so only very motivated buyers made an offer. The kinds of buyers who are looking at different options and just pass by and might have submitted an offer via Afternic's landing pages do not seem to do so with your landing pages, and I assume that many people may just quickly move on after seeing your landing page, without clicking through to collect more information. Unless they clicked on "more info", they didn't even know they could make an offer, which in turn have lead to lost sales opportunities.

I believe the shortcoming with your landing page is that everything except buying a name at BIN is very dependent on click-through and reading instructions. Unless somebody clicks on "more info" there is no way for them to know that they can make an offer. And even if they click through once, everything is just indicated in plain text, and worded rather passively. For example, the small text indicating "You must be logged in to your account to submit an offer" which then sends them to a log in page, where they have to click on sign up (why not to a sign up form instead, as 99% of end-users probably do not have an existing namesilo account?), and then go to make an offer. In this area, a better call to action design would be to have a make offer form in the "submit offer" box on the offer/counter offer page, and a button for them to "make an offer", which would then send them to the sign-up form, which would work better at prompting the visitor to make an offer.

While I have nothing to compare with when it comes to the payment plans, I do believe these probably suffer from the same problem as make offer. I have a few domains being paid for via the payment plan right now, but I have not seen as many payment plan sales as I had expected. While the availability of a payment plan is indicated on the initial landing page, a visitor needs to click on "more info" and then hover over the small question mark on the offer-counter offer page, which then shows a pop up that says "If you click the Buy Now link on this page, you will be taken to a page where you can select to either buy the domain for full price today, or setup a payment plan requiring a partial down payment today and then monthly payments for your desired term until the full purchase price has been paid." Then they have to click on the small plain text buy now link, and then finally they get to see the payment plan. This would be the most likely way for a prospective buyer to reach the payment plan page ("more info" is more intuitive than "buy now" if they want info about the payment plan), via a for sale page with BIN and make/offer setup. It strikes me as an unnecessarily complicated path, and probably has a negative effect on how many people actually buy names via this option, similar to how the current setup does not work well for bringing in offers. And if they do click on the "buy now" button, and get taken to the payment plan page in that way, they may not return to the landing page, and then click "more info", which would let them discover that there is a make offer option. These two different "paths" may end up excluding each other, as a less motivated buyer may not bother clicking around to figure out the options available to them (and ideally they shouldn't have to).

I think your landing page + path to buy/make offer/payment plan needs to be integrated and streamlined in order to provide more intuitive and easy access for buyers.

Suggestion for long term solution: It does not seem easy to "update" one of the current templates to address these issues, so I suggest creating a new landing page (template # 3) where BIN, Make Offer, and payment plan details are all clearly shown on the landing page, so as to avoid all the complications, click-through requirements, and instructions reading currently needed in some scenarios currently, just to get certain info/take certain actions. The drawbacks pointed out above might be dealt with by including the following elements on the landing page:

1. The price clearly indicated with a BIN button that puts the domain directly into the shopping cart (for names priced below $5000).
2. A make offer form with the minimum offer listed, where a visitor can enter their offer, click on a make offer button, which would then send them to a sign-up page, and then lastly let them confirm/finalize their offer details.
3. A "start payment plan" button that leads directly to the payment plan info page. Perhaps also add some basic relevant (and enticing) info to the landing page, such as longest payment period available + lowest monthly payment available. For example, if a name is listed for sale at $2600, you might indicate on the landing page that they can take control of the domain today for as little as $200, followed by 12 monthly payments of $200 per month.

Short term solution: Improve the offer/counter offer page that buyers see after clicking on "more info".

I don't know whether the suggestions I have provided here are the best way to fix the landing page issue, but based on my own experience and testing so far, I do think the landing page performance issues I have pointed out here are real and do negatively affect sales (by missing out on offers/leads), and I hope this is something you can look into as you continue improving the marketplace.

Last edited:
•••
When a listing ends at namesilo I find I have to recreate it from scratch.

Could you not retain de-listed domains, for example as "Inactive" so we can reactivate them, for example when renewing a domain late?

Sedo for example does keep a Deleted category of every name you have ever listed there.

•••
Improving "make offer" line is in fact very useful thing to do.... Thank you, Arca, for posting your experience!

In fact, developing useful and full-featured offer/crm system is definitely not an easy thing to do.
There are so many things to look into - what is users ip, country, ISP, browser/device/OS, is it likely a corporate or home user or public wifi user and their connection type (as per ip and lets say maxmind ip knowledge db), real timezone, are they using proxy or not, real ip before proxy, user real name as they submitted it, users email, custom comments, pre-written comments ("this is my final offer"), email reminders/followups, etc.... - and a selection of what of the above should or should not be offered or shown by a particular marketplace to 1) maintain own interests, such as reasonable expectations to receive a commission - eliminate outside negotiations and processing 2) not to complicate the things 3) still give as much info as possible.

It would be interesting to hear what developments is NameSilo considering in above aspects.

Namesilo, should you change this "line" (make offer) in general - or even just a landing page text/structure only - please make sure NOT to change anything if the seller has "min. offer price" the same as "BIN" price. It may well be that for a particular BIN domain the sellers does not want to receive offers. Which may (or may not) be - statistically from your end - more or less frequent setup.
Currently this specific setup works - and perfectly.

Last edited:
•••
I didn't read through Arca's entire post, but I agree with the point about needing a Make Offer box and button. Most visitors will just assume there's a fixed price and leave if they're not willing to pay it.

Having a clear option to submit an offer will dramatically increase the number of sales. Perhaps also only require them to sign up once an offer has been accepted, not before making the offer.

•••
Thanks as always for the feedback - it is very much appreciated. Let me address one-by-one:

Offer/counter offer sale payment deadline
A buyer’s payment deadline after a price has been agreed on is 48 hours. Can you extend this deadline in order to give buyers more time to pay for offer/counter offer sales?

The deadline for payment is 48 hours if the sale price is under $5,000 since this amount allows users to pay via any number of payment methods including debit/credit card, PayPal, Skrill, Bitcoin, AliPay or Dwolla. Most of the feedback we have gotten is actually that Sellers do not understand why Buyers are given as much time as they are to issue payment believing that if someone agrees to a price that they should pay for the domain right away. We try to limit Buyers who are not serious and tie up domains waiting for payment. However, you also make good points in terms of allowing Buyers more time in some circumstances. We may make this a configurable option for Sellers so those who want immediate payment can enforce that, while Sellers who are ok with Buyers taking longer can permit as such.

Seller resources
I know this section is a work in progress, but just wanted to note that it would be great if a list of ongoing payment plans (with monthly payment amount, next payment due date, and paid/remaining amount) could be added here

Great idea. this has been added.

Default landing page settings
Every time after I set up a domain listing, I need to navigate to active sales, select the domain (or the group of domains) I have just listed for sale, and then change the landing page settings. Instead of being a 1-step process, setting up a domain for sale is a 2-step process for me (setting up the listing and then setting up the landing page settings).

Yes, we will definitely look into this.

Landing page indication - Active Domain Sales
In the Active Domain Sales section, can you make the red "for sale" sign/symbol in the far right column be gray if the domain is not currently using your for sale landing page? Right now it's red for all domains, regardless of whether they use your landing page or not, and there is no way to see whether a domain is using your landing page in this section. Whether a domain is using your for sale landing page is indicated in the domain manager section (for sale landing page symbol, parking symbol, other nameservers symbol, etc), but it is not possible to edit the for sale landing page via this section, so it would be good if you could start to show this in the Active Domain Sales section too. Would make it easier to make sure all names that should have your landing page is set up correctly.

The system should already show a grey icon for domains not set to use our landing page. However, this labeling does not change if our name servers are not in use. Perhaps that is the discrepancy? Basically, if the domain was ever setup with a landing page, but then changed to not use our name servers then our system would still assume the landing page is setup.

Active offer notification
When we get an offer, this notification is shown under account overview:
“Active Offer: You have 1 sale with an active offer
View active sales”

The "View active sales" link currently links to all active domain listings. It would be more convenient this notification linked directly to “seller resources”, where you are now displaying active offers.

Thanks, this has been done.

Asterisk
Two asterisks are used on the landing page to "signpost" the payment plan option. Technically, according to typographical conventions, an asterisk should preceded the note it refers to. So instead of the current setup where the asterisk is located between Payment Plan and a colon: "Payment Plan*: Payment plan available", it should be arranged like this: "*Payment Plan: Payment plan available".

However, because the price and the payment plan availability indication are located in close proximity, and within the same box, the asterisks are redundant. If the payment plan availability detail was located in the footer of the website, using an asterisk like this would make sense. Removing these asterisks will not have any impact on visitor comprehension of whether or not there is a payment plan option, and would clean up the typographical layout of the landing page.

Payment Plan availability indication
78765_313e96be0d076ad545fec4ae8fcdf76e.png

The text breaks into several lines in the Safari browser and on mobile, even though there is room for it to be shown on one line. The different font sizes look particularly messy when this happens.

The asterisks have been removed and the line should no longer break. Please note it could take a day or two for all landing pages in our system to update to show these changes based upon our caching system.

Right of the decimal/cents
The NameSilo marketplace permits users to add both a dollar and a cent value (right of the decimal) to domains. If I price a domain at $2000, this is how it is rendered on the NameSilo landing page versus that of a number of other domain marketplaces:

No problem - this has been done as well. If any domains are sold without cents (ie $XXX.00) then the ".00" will be removed. Please note that, as with the issue above, it may take 1-2 days for all landing pages to be updated to reflect this change.

•••
When a listing ends at namesilo I find I have to recreate it from scratch.

Could you not retain de-listed domains, for example as "Inactive" so we can reactivate them, for example when renewing a domain late?

Sedo for example does keep a Deleted category of every name you have ever listed there.

Thanks for the note. We do have an "Auto-Extend Days" option when listing domains for sale which will re-list the sale with the same details if it is not sold prior to the previously selected deadline. However, in the case of domains that expire and then are subsequently renewed, a new sale would need to be created. We will look into adding an option upon renewal to re-list with prior settings since I can see where this would save a step for renewal of expired domains.

•••
Improving "make offer" line is in fact very useful thing to do.... Thank you, Arca, for posting your experience!

In fact, developing useful and full-featured offer/crm system is definitely not an easy thing to do.
There are so many things to look into - what is users ip, country, ISP, browser/device/OS, is it likely a corporate or home user or public wifi user and their connection type (as per ip and lets say maxmind ip knowledge db), real timezone, are they using proxy or not, real ip before proxy, user real name as they submitted it, users email, custom comments, pre-written comments ("this is my final offer"), email reminders/followups, etc.... - and a selection of what of the above should or should not be offered or shown by a particular marketplace to 1) maintain own interests, such as reasonable expectations to receive a commission - eliminate outside negotiations and processing 2) not to complicate the things 3) still give as much info as possible.

It would be interesting to hear what developments is NameSilo considering in above aspects.

Namesilo, should you change this "line" (make offer) in general - or even just a landing page text/structure only - please make sure NOT to change anything if the seller has "min. offer price" the same as "BIN" price. It may well be that for a particular BIN domain the sellers does not want to receive offers. Which may (or may not) be - statistically from your end - more or less frequent setup.
Currently this specific setup works - and perfectly.

Thanks - appreciate the feedback. Yes, we have considered implementation of an integrated lead management/CRM system into the Marketplace for Sellers to help manage the lifecycle of selling your domains. You bring up some good ideas in this regard.

We have no plans to change the system for when the BIN matches the reserve. We will be writing a reply shortly to @Arca regarding improvements for encouraging and handling offers for non-logged in users...

•••
I didn't read through Arca's entire post, but I agree with the point about needing a Make Offer box and button. Most visitors will just assume there's a fixed price and leave if they're not willing to pay it.

Having a clear option to submit an offer will dramatically increase the number of sales. Perhaps also only require them to sign up once an offer has been accepted, not before making the offer.

Thanks. We are currently reviewing the post and agree improvements can and will be made. Will post back with an update before long :)

•••
Is my understanding correct that the buyers are given 48 hours to submit online payment such as through credit card or paypal? To be more specific, is listed domain (temporary?) withdrawn from namesilo marketplace in this case? This should not happen (imho). Maybe for an hour or two, assuming that they added it to a shopping cart, setup an account etc... and after 1 hour of non-payment, the system should remove an item from the shopping cart and, resultingly, return the domain to market with its original settings. Nothing more.

Of course the situation should be different if some offline payment, such as bankwire, is selected.

In either case, it would make sense to email sellers "purhchase started" notifications (which may or may not be in place already, I'm unsure since all my namesilo sales were possibly funded using real-time online methods OR I completely missed the fact that there might be some waiting period for a particular sale or sales which were finally finished with "Marketplace Sale Finalized" emails generated).

Last edited:
•••
Is my understanding correct that the buyers are given 48 hours to submit online payment such as through credit card or paypal? To be more specific, is listed domain (temporary?) withdrawn from namesilo marketplace in this case? This should not happen (imho). Maybe for an hour or two, assuming that they added it to a shopping cart, setup an account etc... and after 1 hour of non-payment, the system should remove an item from the shopping cart and, resultingly, return the domain to market with its original settings. Nothing more.

Of course the situation should be different if some offline payment, such as bankwire, is selected.

In either case, it would make sense to email sellers "purhchase started" notifications (which may or may not be in place already, I'm unsure since all my namesilo sales were possibly funded using real-time online methods OR I completely missed the fact that there might be some waiting period for a particular sale or sales which were finally finished with "Marketplace Sale Finalized" emails generated).

Yes, our system does send notifications as soon as a sale is in process. Regarding the timing, there are a few different scenarios:
  • If the Buyer agrees to a BIN (whether using a payment plan or issuing full payment upfront), the payment is required immediately. There is no impact to the sale or domain in this scenario. If the buyer issues payment, the sale is of course over. If they do not, nothing happens.
  • If the domain is sold via auction, then the Buyer is given 48 hours to issue payment upon the end of the auction. We cannot expect immediate payment in this case since the Buyer may not be around their computer the second the auction ends.
  • If the domain is sold via a Seller-accepted offer/counter-offer, then the same rule as above applies with the same rationale.
In short, there are times when a domain could be sold, but the Buyer would not be expected to be able to issue immediate payment. We try to strike a balance between allowing enough time to get paid and not holding the sale in limbo.

Also, our system does try to process payment in multiple ways. If the Buyer does not issue payment within the first hour, our system tries to bill any stored method of payment available in the Buyer's account (such as a credit/debit card, account funds or PayPal billing agreement). Multiple notices are also sent to the Buyer reminding them to pay right away. If a Buyer does not pay, they get a pretty nasty email from us with a warning that any other similar activity would result in being banned from our Marketplace.

Hope this helps

•••
Thanks as always for the feedback - it is very much appreciated. Let me address one-by-one:

The deadline for payment is 48 hours if the sale price is under $5,000 since this amount allows users to pay via any number of payment methods including debit/credit card, PayPal, Skrill, Bitcoin, AliPay or Dwolla. Most of the feedback we have gotten is actually that Sellers do not understand why Buyers are given as much time as they are to issue payment believing that if someone agrees to a price that they should pay for the domain right away. We try to limit Buyers who are not serious and tie up domains waiting for payment. However, you also make good points in terms of allowing Buyers more time in some circumstances. We may make this a configurable option for Sellers so those who want immediate payment can enforce that, while Sellers who are ok with Buyers taking longer can permit as such.

Great idea. this has been added.

Yes, we will definitely look into this.

The system should already show a grey icon for domains not set to use our landing page. However, this labeling does not change if our name servers are not in use. Perhaps that is the discrepancy? Basically, if the domain was ever setup with a landing page, but then changed to not use our name servers then our system would still assume the landing page is setup.

Thanks, this has been done.

The asterisks have been removed and the line should no longer break. Please note it could take a day or two for all landing pages in our system to update to show these changes based upon our caching system.

No problem - this has been done as well. If any domains are sold without cents (ie $XXX.00) then the ".00" will be removed. Please note that, as with the issue above, it may take 1-2 days for all landing pages to be updated to reflect this change.
Thank you for implementing these updates! Really appreciate your responsiveness to customer feedback.

•••
@namesilo - While the suggestions above are about smaller issues/things that could be improved, I did run into what I consider a significant issue with the performance of your landing pages. It's something I did not expect to be an issue, but it has turned out to be the most significant drawback for me when it comes to selling names via the NS marketplace, and I do think some major updates/optimization of your landing pages would be good in regards to the issues I will outline in the following.

To provide some context, I list all of my domains with a buy it now price (mostly in the $1000-5000 range) and I also let prospective buyers make me an offer (mostly with a minimum at or above $500, so as to weed out time wasters and tire kickers). Prior to using your landing pages, I pointed my domains to Afternic's landing pages (example), and I pretty consistently got multiple offers per week, and a good chunk of those turned into sales every month. In my experience, taking offers and then negotiating with buyers is an effective way of selling names via type-in traffic, in addition to the sales gotten from outright BIN sales. There are some people who just won't pay the list price, and giving them a discount has worked well for me in terms of selling to buyer's who wouldn't have bought the name at the full price, so it's a good way to add to total sales.

However, after I moved my domains over to NameSilo's landing pages, I am getting very few offers compared with before. The main issue seems to be that there is no indication whatsoever on the initial landing page that there is a make offer option. While I'm not a big fan of Afternic's for sale landing page, one thing it does well is to make the BIN price, along with the minimum offer price, clear to any visitors, with a form containing the minimum offer price and a make offer button. On your landing page, the buyer has to click on the "more info" button to find out that there is a make offer function, and it is only indicated by text (there are no visual cues, such as a make offer button). It appears that most buyers do not manage to figure this out or do not bother, because I am almost not getting any offers compared with before.

I thought the market might have slowed down since I moved over to your landing pages, but I moved a few hundred names back to Afternic landing pages again, and the offers immediately resumed at normal levels (and I turned several of them into sales). I moved those names back to NameSilo landing pages again, and the offers disappeared again, so the issue here seems to be with your current landing page design. Total offers are also way down compared with when I primarily forwarded my domains to Afternic landing pages.

The people who have made me offers via NameSilo so far are generally buyers who have been very eager to buy the domain, so they probably took their time to pour over all the details and figured out they could make an offer. I have sold nearly all domains I got offers for via your marketplace, so only very motivated buyers made an offer. The kinds of buyers who are looking at different options and just pass by and might have submitted an offer via Afternic's landing pages do not seem to do so with your landing pages, and I assume that many people may just quickly move on after seeing your landing page, without clicking through to collect more information. Unless they clicked on "more info", they didn't even know they could make an offer, which in turn have lead to lost sales opportunities.

I believe the shortcoming with your landing page is that everything except buying a name at BIN is very dependent on click-through and reading instructions. Unless somebody clicks on "more info" there is no way for them to know that they can make an offer. And even if they click through once, everything is just indicated in plain text, and worded rather passively. For example, the small text indicating "You must be logged in to your account to submit an offer" which then sends them to a log in page, where they have to click on sign up (why not to a sign up form instead, as 99% of end-users probably do not have an existing namesilo account?), and then go to make an offer. In this area, a better call to action design would be to have a make offer form in the "submit offer" box on the offer/counter offer page, and a button for them to "make an offer", which would then send them to the sign-up form, which would work better at prompting the visitor to make an offer.

While I have nothing to compare with when it comes to the payment plans, I do believe these probably suffer from the same problem as make offer. I have a few domains being paid for via the payment plan right now, but I have not seen as many payment plan sales as I had expected. While the availability of a payment plan is indicated on the initial landing page, a visitor needs to click on "more info" and then hover over the small question mark on the offer-counter offer page, which then shows a pop up that says "If you click the Buy Now link on this page, you will be taken to a page where you can select to either buy the domain for full price today, or setup a payment plan requiring a partial down payment today and then monthly payments for your desired term until the full purchase price has been paid." Then they have to click on the small plain text buy now link, and then finally they get to see the payment plan. This would be the most likely way for a prospective buyer to reach the payment plan page ("more info" is more intuitive than "buy now" if they want info about the payment plan), via a for sale page with BIN and make/offer setup. It strikes me as an unnecessarily complicated path, and probably has a negative effect on how many people actually buy names via this option, similar to how the current setup does not work well for bringing in offers. And if they do click on the "buy now" button, and get taken to the payment plan page in that way, they may not return to the landing page, and then click "more info", which would let them discover that there is a make offer option. These two different "paths" may end up excluding each other, as a less motivated buyer may not bother clicking around to figure out the options available to them (and ideally they shouldn't have to).

I think your landing page + path to buy/make offer/payment plan needs to be integrated and streamlined in order to provide more intuitive and easy access for buyers.

Suggestion for long term solution: It does not seem easy to "update" one of the current templates to address these issues, so I suggest creating a new landing page (template # 3) where BIN, Make Offer, and payment plan details are all clearly shown on the landing page, so as to avoid all the complications, click-through requirements, and instructions reading currently needed in some scenarios currently, just to get certain info/take certain actions. The drawbacks pointed out above might be dealt with by including the following elements on the landing page:

1. The price clearly indicated with a BIN button that puts the domain directly into the shopping cart (for names priced below $5000).
2. A make offer form with the minimum offer listed, where a visitor can enter their offer, click on a make offer button, which would then send them to a sign-up page, and then lastly let them confirm/finalize their offer details.
3. A "start payment plan" button that leads directly to the payment plan info page. Perhaps also add some basic relevant (and enticing) info to the landing page, such as longest payment period available + lowest monthly payment available. For example, if a name is listed for sale at $2600, you might indicate on the landing page that they can take control of the domain today for as little as $200, followed by 12 monthly payments of $200 per month.

Short term solution: Improve the offer/counter offer page that buyers see after clicking on "more info".

I don't know whether the suggestions I have provided here are the best way to fix the landing page issue, but based on my own experience and testing so far, I do think the landing page performance issues I have pointed out here are real and do negatively affect sales (by missing out on offers/leads), and I hope this is something you can look into as you continue improving the marketplace.

Thanks again for your excellent feedback. We have just implemented a number of updates to the page people land on when it is possible to submit an offer (ie a when not a straight BIN sale such as when the reserve does not equal the BIN). The major improvements include:
  • Much more user-friendly presentation of the available options
  • Ability for non-logged in users to submit an offer
  • Streamlined form labels to avoid confusion
Most of the changes incorporate ideas you presented so thanks again for your suggestions!

These pages are already live so take a look when you can :)

•••
•••
•••
Hi @namesilo

Can you please tell me the withdrawal fees? I have sold domains there before but I forgot the fees. Wire and PayPal both had different fees.

•••
Hi @namesilo

Can you please tell me the withdrawal fees? I have sold domains there before but I forgot the fees. Wire and PayPal both had different fees.

Hello. The current withdrawal fees are:
  • PayPal: 2% up to $20
  • Bitcoin: None
  • Wire Transfer: $15
  • Account Funds: None
  • Company Check (available if in United States): None
Please let us know with any other questions.

•••

Thanks for listening to the feedback, but is there any simple way to make that page the actual landing page, so visitors instantly see they have an option to submit an offer less than the BIN, without having to first click on the Buy Now or More Info buttons?

I'd just like to make it as quick and simple as possible for people to see they have the option to make an offer.

Another solution would be to add a Make Offer button to the landing page, alongside the Buy Now and More Info buttons, even though it takes you to the same screen.

•••
Thanks again for your excellent feedback. We have just implemented a number of updates to the page people land on when it is possible to submit an offer (ie a when not a straight BIN sale such as when the reserve does not equal the BIN). The major improvements include:
  • Much more user-friendly presentation of the available options
  • Ability for non-logged in users to submit an offer
  • Streamlined form labels to avoid confusion
Most of the changes incorporate ideas you presented so thanks again for your suggestions!

These pages are already live so take a look when you can :)
Thank you, I think this is an excellent improvement of the offer-counter offer page!

Just a suggestion about the offer form, if a domain is set to no bids under reserve, for example if reserve is at $500, maybe you can display the reserve price in the offer form in gray font as “$500 minimum” or something like that (and then have it disappear when they click on the form to type in their offer), and/or have offers below $500 change into a red colored font with an error message below the form telling them to enter at least $500. Right now somebody can enter $100, set the offer expiration, write a message to seller, and then agree to the marketplace terms and conditions, and only then are they told that the offer is too low. Would be much better to notify them that $100 is an invalid offer instantly to avoid any misunderstanding where the end user would get the idea that they are going to offer $100, when that is not possible.

While this is a big improvement of the offer/counter offer page, there is still no information on your landing page that it is possible to make an offer when if somebody finds it via type-in (most end-users), unless they click through and discovers the offer counter offer page.

As I suggested above, it would be great to have an additional landing page template where BIN, make offer, and payment plan options are all clearly displayed on the initial landing page, so that whether or not a visitor is able to get the basic details about all these options is not wholly dependent on click through.

A short term workaround is that you could tweak the design of the new offer-counter offer page to look more like a landing page, e.g. showing the domain name more centrally in a larger font, showing the BIN price in a larger font + increasing the size of the buy now button, etc. Then sellers who want to show all this info immediately to type-in visitors would have the option of forwarding directly to the offer-counter offer page.
Thanks for listening to the feedback, but is there any simple way to make that page the actual landing page, so visitors instantly see they have an option to submit an offer less than the BIN, without having to first click on the Buy Now or More Info buttons?
You can do a bulk forward to www.namesilo.com/marketplace/domain/%%DOMAIN%% and all domains forwarded will go directly to the offer/counter offer page when somebody visits the domain.

edit: I posted this in plain text but NP forces it to be a clickable link and I'm not able to unlink it - %%DOMAIN%% is automatically substituted with with the domain names that are forwarded when you create a forward (extremely useful forwarding feature provided by NS).

Last edited:
•••
@EmotiveDomains and @Arca , we sincerely appreciate your feedback. We have updated both landing page options to replace the prior generic "More Info" button with more descriptive buttons based upon the type of sale. As of this update, the button will now say:
  • "Place a Bid" if the sale type is an auction
  • "Purchase Options" if the Reserve equals the Buy it Now price (pure BIN sales)
  • "Make an Offer" if the Reserve does not match the BIN or there is no Reserve or BIN.
This should help make the landing pages more useful and thanks again for the suggestions.

Please remember that it could take a few hours (maybe even a little longer in some cases) for the pages to update for everyone due to caching.

•••
It is understated but @namesilo, you're doing a fantastic job of listening to your users and such amazingly quick changes to make your products and thereby our lives better. Thank you for all you're doing...

Edit:

And of course, big thanks to all others on this thread who give amazing suggestions and enhancement requests. Special call out to @Arca

•••
** Big Announcement - Lower Fees!**

As part of our continuing effort to offer the lowest possible fees, we are happy to announce that we have lowered our standard 7.5% fee for Marketplace sales to just 3% for sales paid for via wire transfer (any other methods of payment are still 7.5%). While this lower fee applies to any sale paid for via wire, since our system requires a wire for sales over $5,000, this means that all sales over $5,000 will have just a 3% fee applied.

We have also removed the $15 fee for receiving your commission proceeds via wire. And, as is already the case, any sales paid via wire transfer (or Bitcoin or AliPay) qualify for immediate payout.

Therefore, as an example, if you sold a domain for $10,000 it would mean:
  • $300 in fess (you get $9,700)
  • The buyer gets the domain immediately upon receipt of the wire
  • You can withdraw your $9,700 in earnings immediately upon payment receipt
  • If you withdraw via wire, Bitcoin, check (available only to US residents currently) or to your account funds, you receive the full $9,700 without any other fees
You can get more information at https://www.namesilo.com/Support/Marketplace.

•••
** Big Announcement - Lower Fees!**

As part of our continuing effort to offer the lowest possible fees, we are happy to announce that we have lowered our standard 7.5% fee for Marketplace sales to just 3% for sales paid for via wire transfer (any other methods of payment are still 7.5%). While this lower fee applies to any sale paid for via wire, since our system requires a wire for sales over $5,000, this means that all sales over $5,000 will have just a 3% fee applied.

We have also removed the $15 fee for receiving your commission proceeds via wire. And, as is already the case, any sales paid via wire transfer (or Bitcoin or AliPay) qualify for immediate payout.

Therefore, as an example, if you sold a domain for $10,000 it would mean:
  • $300 in fess (you get $9,700)
  • The buyer gets the domain immediately upon receipt of the wire
  • You can withdraw your $9,700 in earnings immediately upon payment receipt
  • If you withdraw via wire, Bitcoin, check (available only to US residents currently) or to your account funds, you receive the full $9,700 without any other fees
You can get more information at https://www.namesilo.com/Support/Marketplace.

This is great news, thanks for all the efforts you've been putting in. I'll be transferring any domains I have at other registras to NameSilo as they come up for renewal. I certainly won't be pricing any of my names for $4,999 now :xf.smile:.

Keep up the great work!

•••
Which template are you guys having the most success with? Which do you think would work best?

imgres.png

imgres-5.jpg

•••
•••
I'm happy to report that incoming offers are way up since the recent landing page/offer-counter offer page updates were introduced!

•••
Back