IT.COM

New Namesilo Marketplace

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

cocaseco

Top Member
Impact
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
@namesilo
Thank you for your quick update.
Would you be so kind to check this?

http://www.smalldomain.com/domains/search?fcat=Adult

The page you are looking for is temporarily unavailable.
We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. Please check back later.

Maybe the Categories tab can be disabled by MarketSites owners as an option.

•••
@namesilo
Thank you for your quick update.
Would you be so kind to check this?

http://www.smalldomain.com/domains/search?fcat=Adult

The page you are looking for is temporarily unavailable.
We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. Please check back later.

Maybe the Categories tab can be disabled by MarketSites owners as an option.

Hello. That is very strange. I went to the URL you provided and it appears to load a Uniregistry landing page. Categories can be removed, for future reference, by deselecting all categories in the configuration.

If you run into any other problems, please email [email protected] for the fastest service. Thanks!

•••
Forgot to post here that we also just added Bitcoin as a payout method for sales. There are no fees and payouts typically happen within a few minutes.

That is tremendous news - does this mean that we can negotiate a sale in Bitcoin and ignore any fiat references?

•••
Hello. That is very strange. I went to the URL you provided and it appears to load a Uniregistry landing page. Categories can be removed, for future reference, by deselecting all categories in the configuration.

If you run into any other problems, please email [email protected] for the fastest service. Thanks!

Sorry.
Please check it again now.

•••
Sorry.
Please check it again now.

Can you please email [email protected]? That will be the best way to get assistance for questions such as yours as NamePros is a public forum and not really something we use for handling troubleshooting and technical support. Thanks

•••
That is tremendous news - does this mean that we can negotiate a sale in Bitcoin and ignore any fiat references?

Hello. Sorry, but I am not sure I am understanding the question. What is a "fiat reference"? Thanks

•••
I wanted to quote the price in Bitcoin, and not in a fiat currency such as USD, Sterling or Euro.

A quick look at the sales page would seem to indicate that the negotiating price would be USD, and payment in Bitcoin would be an exchange service performed by Name Silo, is this correct?

It's still great option if this is the case, and thank you for including it.

•••
I wanted to quote the price in Bitcoin, and not in a fiat currency such as USD, Sterling or Euro.

A quick look at the sales page would seem to indicate that the negotiating price would be USD, and payment in Bitcoin would be an exchange service performed by Name Silo, is this correct?

It's still great option if this is the case, and thank you for including it.

Thanks for the explanation. Sorry, but all prices on our site are currently in USD and you are also correct that our system handles the conversion to BTC. Thanks again for the feedback and please let us know with any other questions.

•••
can we host an auction for a domain, and mail end users to bid on it?

•••
can we host an auction for a domain, and mail end users to bid on it?

Yes, you can setup your sale as 1 of 2 types... Either an Auction or Offer/Counter-Offer. In either case, every sale is given its own URL which you can provide to anybody you like. There is also an option to password-protect the sale in case you want to restrict it to only specific Buyer(s) with whom you refer. You can read more about this and other features of our Marketplace here:

https://www.namesilo.com/Support/Marketplace

•••
2 more transferred to @namesilo

They didnt go through right away, as I changed whois in last 60 days but never checked the box at domain.com

I resubmitted twice, and domain.com finally removed all 60 day locks, so transfers went through.

#3 was just submitted for transfer and within 5 minutes I received email from namesilo Confirm Transfer

Your simply the best, better than all the rest :xf.rolleyes:

Thanks for good service, very fast replies to emails on Sunday, and fixing issues in my link manager promptly

Authy 2 factor app always works like a charm (y)(y)

•••
2 more transferred to @namesilo

They didnt go through right away, as I changed whois in last 60 days but never checked the box at domain.com

I resubmitted twice, and domain.com finally removed all 60 day locks, so transfers went through.

#3 was just submitted for transfer and within 5 minutes I received email from namesilo Confirm Transfer

Your simply the best, better than all the rest :xf.rolleyes:

Thanks for good service, very fast replies to emails on Sunday, and fixing issues in my link manager promptly

Authy 2 factor app always works like a charm (y)(y)

Thanks! Very much appreciated!!

•••

Last edited:
•••
@namesilo Do you have any stats on how many people click through to the payment plan option after they see the landing page? I.e. if somebody types in "example.com" which leads to a NameSilo landing page, do most prospective buyers visiting these landing pages actually click on the "Buy Now" to see the payment plan option? I'm just wondering if some potentially interested buyers might not intuitively "get" that they need to click on the "buy now" button to get more info regarding this.

Just an idea, but you could consider to add the option of a "Payment Plan" button, where we could choose a "payment plan" button to be shown in the spot where the "more info" button is currently shown (if the "more info" button is chosen, that is). So instead of "buy now" and "more info" buttons, there would be "buy now" and "payment plan" buttons. Personally I have disabled the "more info" button, because while it seems like the most natural button to click on the landing page if you want "more info" regarding the payment plan option, it leads to an auction-style page, that does not show any info regarding the payment plan option.

If the "payment plan" button is displayed instead of the "more info" button, the "buy now" button on the landing page would put the domain directly into the shopping cart, taking its regular function as a "buy now" button, while the "payment plan" button would lead to the page outlining the payment plan options (the same page that "buy now" button currently leads to). So basically there would be a "buy now" button and a "payment plan" button side by side, that each would lead to exactly what the text written on them indicate. Alternatively, if we could decide whether the "more info" button leads to the auction-style page at the namesilo marketplace, or whether it leads to the "more info" about the payment plan page, that would also be an improvement over the current setup. Just a suggestion for how the payment plan option might be indicated to landing page visitors in a clearer and more intuitive way.

•••
@namesilo

Just a small suggestion,
As for an Offer/Counter Offer listing,

The buyer submits a $100 offer.
The seller counters a $2,000 offer.
The buyer does not respond.
7 days passed
Everything is over.
A pity!

Maybe the seller should be allowed to submit new lower counter offers during the 7 days or ever after that 7 days, just like Godaddy Auctions.

•••
@namesilo Do you have any stats on how many people click through to the payment plan option after they see the landing page? I.e. if somebody types in "example.com" which leads to a NameSilo landing page, do most prospective buyers visiting these landing pages actually click on the "Buy Now" to see the payment plan option? I'm just wondering if some potentially interested buyers might not intuitively "get" that they need to click on the "buy now" button to get more info regarding this.

Just an idea, but you could consider to add the option of a "Payment Plan" button, where we could choose a "payment plan" button to be shown in the spot where the "more info" button is currently shown (if the "more info" button is chosen, that is). So instead of "buy now" and "more info" buttons, there would be "buy now" and "payment plan" buttons. Personally I have disabled the "more info" button, because while it seems like the most natural button to click on the landing page if you want "more info" regarding the payment plan option, it leads to an auction-style page, that does not show any info regarding the payment plan option.

If the "payment plan" button is displayed instead of the "more info" button, the "buy now" button on the landing page would put the domain directly into the shopping cart, taking its regular function as a "buy now" button, while the "payment plan" button would lead to the page outlining the payment plan options (the same page that "buy now" button currently leads to). So basically there would be a "buy now" button and a "payment plan" button side by side, that each would lead to exactly what the text written on them indicate. Alternatively, if we could decide whether the "more info" button leads to the auction-style page at the namesilo marketplace, or whether it leads to the "more info" about the payment plan page, that would also be an improvement over the current setup. Just a suggestion for how the payment plan option might be indicated to landing page visitors in a clearer and more intuitive way.

Thanks for the recommendation - makes perfect sense. Let us look it over and see if this is something we can get done.

@namesilo

Just a small suggestion,
As for an Offer/Counter Offer listing,

The buyer submits a $100 offer.
The seller counters a $2,000 offer.
The buyer does not respond.
7 days passed
Everything is over.
A pity!

Maybe the seller should be allowed to submit new lower counter offers during the 7 days or ever after that 7 days, just like Godaddy Auctions.

This is an interesting idea. We will certainly look into it. Thanks for taking the time to post the suggestion.

•••
Can you install some kind of 404 redirect, so if a domain name has pages indexed in google, they won't go to a 404 page?

•••
Can you install some kind of 404 redirect, so if a domain name has pages indexed in google, they won't go to a 404 page?

This is probably something we can do. Should have an answer in next 24-48 hours...

•••
•••
@namesilo

Just a suggestion,
It will be great if you set the following status of domains at Namesilo to plain OK.
It will make your customers feel more comfortable.
I know some guy from Namesilo has explained this before, but I’d like put up this again.

Status: clientDeleteProhibited https://icann.org/epp#clientDeleteProhibited
Status: clientRenewProhibited https://icann.org/epp#clientRenewProhibited
Status: clientUpdateProhibited https://icann.org/epp#clientUpdateProhibited

This is actually something we are looking into this week, and is probably the direction we will go.

•••

Wanted to let you know the 404 redirects to the home page are now in place.

•••
Do you still need to have the domains registered at NameSilo to sell on the marketplace there?

•••
•••
Just a quick update on our Marketplace as it continues to expand. Our data has just been compiled for last month (March 2017) and we had another in a line of record months!

For March 2017:
  • 130 sales
  • 18 sales setup using a payment plan
  • $106,500 of sales revenue
  • Largest sale: $12,500 (2 others over $10,000)
This was the 14th month out of the last 16 that has seen increased total sales and sales revenue compared to the prior month so we are very happy with the momentum. We are continuing to work on even more updates to our Marketplace (including some of the suggestions shared in this thread) and we are also working on new strategies to potentially offer even lower commissions. More on this in the coming weeks.

Thanks again to everyone on NP that is already using our Marketplace, and to those who have expressed interest in learning more.

•••
@namesilo

Just a suggestion,
It will be great if you set the following status of domains at Namesilo to plain OK.
It will make your customers feel more comfortable.
I know some guy from Namesilo has explained this before, but I’d like put up this again.

Status: clientDeleteProhibited https://icann.org/epp#clientDeleteProhibited
Status: clientRenewProhibited https://icann.org/epp#clientRenewProhibited
Status: clientUpdateProhibited https://icann.org/epp#clientUpdateProhibited

We are in the process of removing the 3 statuses listed above for all domains. It will take about 48-72 hours for the updates to complete given the number of domains we need to modify.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back