Dynadot

New marketplace launched - Freemarket.com

NameSilo
Watch
Impact
The new owners of the Warrior Forum have launched a new website/ domain marketplace at Freemarket dot com. They claim that it was created as a solution to the problem of high fees and minimum commissions charged by Flippa. It is free to list and when you sell a website or domain they charge a 5% commission after sale.

I think it is a good thing since it creates more options for sellers and more exposure for domains/ websites but it will take some time for it to pick up, especially when there are established marketplaces for domains like the one right here on Namepros. When it comes to selling websites, Flippa has carved a niche for itself.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Would be nice if they had a bulk listing option.

•••
cheers- I'll take a peak

FX

•••
looks very cool

i do think the graphic in header should show their site in the screen and not freelancer especially given they use certain design aspects of freelancer as can be seen on bottom of this page https://www.freemarket.com/sites/sell/

overall hope it works out we can use something like this

•••
They still charge a final fee so it's not really a "free market"

Last edited:
•••
still they don't have option to verify via email for domain listing :(

•••
still they don't have option to verify via email for domain listing :(
It looks like a great market place, I love the layout, but without Domain/Website Verification this will be a criminals paradise.

The bad guys will come out in droves and try and sell everyone's domains and ripoff off many, many buyers.
I will stay away until Verification can be implimented.
Until then I will look for many horror stories to unfold.

D-:

•••
It looks like a great market place, I love the layout, but without Domain/Website Verification this will be a criminals paradise.

The bad guys will come out in droves and try and sell everyone's domains and ripoff off many, many buyers.

D-:

I am a little confused. just listed a few there and I had to verify from the whois email address and verify my phone number to list. What verification are you guys talking about?

•••

D-:

Yes, I agree.

I just listed my website without any verification and it's now for sale. so there is a chance to list google.com for sale :P

they have verification system for domains by cname (or) file upload. Whois email verification is not yet launched(IMO).

active verification system(cname & file upload) is hard to complete because i'm parking all my domains.

i liked too their simple layout and easy to navigate.

just received email from flippa about their domain catalog listing fee is reduced.

"Effective immediately, our Catalog fee structure has been revised:
  • the OLD fee structure for selling a domain in Flippa’s Domain Catalog was a 15% Success Fee, with a $60 minimum;
  • the NEW fee structure is now a 10% Success Fee, with a $10 minimum (congruent with our auction marketplace’s fee structure)"
Good Competition will help to domainers :)

•••
I am a little confused. just listed a few there and I had to verify from the whois email address and verify my phone number to list. What verification are you guys talking about?
I just tested it by listing one domain and I was able to list a domain without any verification that I was the actual owner of the domain.

All that was required was that I enter a phone number so it could call me with a code to enter to start my auction.

I did that and my auction is now live.
All the bad guys need is a phone (not necessarily theirs) and off they go.

Whois verification must be required.

•••
Is your account email the same as your whois email? Maybe if you verified that email once, that is all it takes? I just tried one that didn't have my regular email address and it won't list until I verify.

•••
Is your account email the same as your whois email? Maybe if you verified that email once, that is all it takes? I just tried one that didn't have my regular email address and it won't list until I verify.
Yes it is, but if that is the case then they need to say that as well as indicating verification in the listing itself.

•••
Flea Market would be better.

•••
I had a look at this yesterday as I am trying to offload some domains but I'm going to wait until it gets a bit more active there.

•••
It doesn't load right now...

EDIT: it works now.

Yes, they need some kind of verification. There are domains like Payments.com, Files.com, Forums.com for sale :D

Last edited:
•••
"Effective immediately, our Catalog fee structure has been revised:
  • the OLD fee structure for selling a domain in Flippa’s Domain Catalog was a 15% Success Fee, with a $60 minimum;
  • the NEW fee structure is now a 10% Success Fee, with a $10 minimum (congruent with our auction marketplace’s fee structure)"
Good Competition will help to domainers :)

I certainly agree that competition, will help reduce "costs" associated with such marketplaces.

•••
Yes just got an invitation from Warrior forum. Looks good.......

•••
tried it out, looks good to me.
they will have *great* traffic since WarriorForum itself ranks globally at #256.
Good thing for domain owners.

•••
They require verification to list, but it will be a shills paradise, two bids already over 1M+ on Payment.com

Not likely. IMO

Anyone can make shill bids, that's the problem, so if you know the reserve and TOR some IPS to make shill bids you can make it look like false interest in domains IMO.

To actually bid on a 100K+ domains you need a strong verification system.

So they may be like Flippa without the listing costs, but I doubt it will be a big name marketplace to sell valuable domains. I don't think the type of traffic it has or that FL or WF has is the type that has large money to dish out on major assets.

Time will tell

•••
I like the look of FreeMarket.com, listed a couple names here myself. Would be nice if there were a few more options for filtering a search. Like domain length.

•••
Warrior forums has the money, can get more money, to do what they need to do.
Will list a few domains there just to see what happens.

•••
Does FreeMarket support Domain Escrow like sedo?

•••
Sounds good BUT I have been on WF since 2009 and the feeling about domains there is not what you think. Many dont like "domainers" (even though many sell ebooks about them there) but I should say they are not many if very very few who feel the need to spend good money on a domain. Many there are OK with like using a domain with words in front like THE or BEST or some other word in front of a keyword rather then spend the money for the real deal.

What I am trying to say is I dont feel any big sales will come from this platform if a majority of the traffic or promotion is from WF

•••
Payments.com

2 bids of over 1.500.000

Reserve not met.

wjul.jpg

Any more bidders
5hhg.gif

•••
They require verification to list, but it will be a shills paradise, two bids already over 1M+ on Payment.com

Not likely. IMO

Anyone can make shill bids, that's the problem, so if you know the reserve and TOR some IPS to make shill bids you can make it look like false interest in domains IMO.

To actually bid on a 100K+ domains you need a strong verification system.

So they may be like Flippa without the listing costs, but I doubt it will be a big name marketplace to sell valuable domains. I don't think the type of traffic it has or that FL or WF has is the type that has large money to dish out on major assets.

Time will tell
To see what is required I just listed a domain. They first sent an e-mail to the address listed in the whois. I had to click a verification in the e-mail. After that, they required a phone number to send me an sms code to enter before the listing went live. I thought it might need to be a phone number on the whois, but it doesn't need to be. So it appears the main security is the e-mail to the whois e-mail address, not the phone number/verification.

As far as shill bidding, I haven't bid, so I don't know how they stop anyone from bidding whatever they want.

•••
Back