Dynadot

new gtlds New gTLDs are DEAD!! Frank Schilling drops 230,000 new gTLD domains

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

ksusha64

Top Member
Impact
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
This fantastic thread and discussion is still alive..unbelievable :)

•••
I know right... What's there to talk about, the new gtlds are dead :cigar:

•••
•••
Ok there were 3 or 4 decent sales last week in dnjournal.

Have fun Enjoying.Life
Iwill be renewing my .win and half my xyz

•••
.tech coming up for renewal I wonder how many will drop

•••
History has a tremendous way of repeating itself. When it comes to nGTLD's one needs to only look back to the early 2000's when .biz, .mobi, .info among others came out and failed miserably.

This is a repeat of that but on a much larger scale. Some people just never learn unfortunately.

Point well taken!

•••
.online, io, VIP, store, shop, tv, live, news, pizza, rent, gold and other once that make sense. Maybe I missed something...

Pizza? The rest sound good but....pizza?

•••
Pizza? The rest sound good but....pizza?

I take it that pizza isn't really your thing? Pizza in general, has become really popular all over the world. There's potential there for sure!

•••
Bright future on new gTLD`s!

Following is the website launched by Mercedes in Turkey

amg.istanbul

•••
Bright future on new gTLD`s!

Following is the website launched by Mercedes in Turkey

amg.istanbul
Well, its just a small local company that decided to put its insignificant blog on a new gtld. If Mercedes were a big car company and AMG a known brand, that would have been something.......

•••
I purchased "i.click" for $8000 at auction. I think that was a great deal! Renewal is $5. Long term domain holding I don't plan to sell. Makes a great URL shortener. It grammatically makes sense. For example: i.click/pizza could be a shorturl for something pizza related.

Do I think new TLDs are dead? Absolutely not. Do I think they can support a million domains each. No. But there is a natural number that each can support. I have tried to buy brand new domains in the aftermarket and been told no even when I offered $40K!

•••
"i.click" is awesome. The renewal @ only $5 is definitely a plus in my book.

•••
•••
.com's . .net's and country extension remain king

•••
I do not know one person who made money off new gtlds, but tons of people lost money already
i recovered all my investment from Ntld sales.
As a newcomer in domain business, I had hand regg many domains but ultimately I recovered all my stupid investments from Ntld sales. I sold
Download.guru
Movie.zone
Free.zone
Movies.zone
Oursourcing.services
ads.guru
oktoberfest.cafe
cappuccino.cafe
dating.zone

and I hold below super premium Ntld domains

cars.zone
digital.zone
green.zone
internet.zone
speed.zone
animation.zone
robotic.zone
newyork.zone
losangeles.zone
apps.guru
program.codes
flight.ooo
robotics.ooo

etc

•••
I sold
Download.guru
Movie.zone
Free.zone
Movies.zone
Oursourcing.services
ads.guru
oktoberfest.cafe
cappuccino.cafe
dating.zone
Mind sharing the prices? You can also report to Namebio/Sold.domains

•••
•••
I won over 250 .ca (I am from Canada)
Around 50 .com
Total of 3 .net (only to complete a few .ca + .com sets)

I don't think I will ever buy a different one because I just figured .com + world and .ca = my country
HOW THE HELL CAN YOU DO ANY BETTER?

Everything else looked risky to me. Our .ca domains are run by one of the most reputable comapnies in the business.

I don't know who owns all the other crap on the market.... so now a .hotcars comes out and I invest a few thousand, who is in charge and what if he goes belly up?

No thanks

•••
Frank Schilling increasing new gTLDs prices 3,000%

domainincite.com/21603-schilling-big-price-increases-needed-to-keep-new-gtlds-alive

Proves my point from the post above

Who the hell is in charge, they can change the rules at any time. Imagine owning 500 of these names, you would be up the creek without a paddle.

•••
Mind sharing the prices? You can also report to Namebio/Sold.domains
Thanks. Recently my latest sales ads.guru posted on namebio.

•••
I purchased "i.click" for $8000 at auction. I think that was a great deal! Renewal is $5. Long term domain holding I don't plan to sell. Makes a great URL shortener. It grammatically makes sense. For example: i.click/pizza could be a shorturl for something pizza related.

Do I think new TLDs are dead? Absolutely not. Do I think they can support a million domains each. No. But there is a natural number that each can support. I have tried to buy brand new domains in the aftermarket and been told no even when I offered $40K!

That is the spirit! Great domain hold on it!

•••
Well, its just a small local company that decided to put its insignificant blog on a new gtld. If Mercedes were a big car company and AMG a known brand, that would have been something.......

Istanbul is a city with 15 Million Population, trust me the cities economy is bigger than 127 Countries GDP which I believe Mercedes also sell in those countries too.

A little reminder : There are only 196 countries exist on earth !

Hope it helps you to understand what you are talking about...

This is not marketing it is only the Statistics.

You can simply google it :)

•••
Istanbul is a city with 15 Million Population, trust me the cities economy is bigger than 127 Countries GDP which I believe Mercedes also sell in those countries too.

A little reminder : There are only 196 countries exist on earth !

Hope it helps you to understand what you are talking about...

This is not marketing it is only the Statistics.

You can simply google it :)
You could also google the word 'sarcasm'. After you've done that you may understand my post a bit better.......

•••
ou could also google the word 'sarcasm'. After you've done that you may understand my post a bit better.......

OMG, I fell off my chair laughing.

I love the friendly bantering guys

Too bad there is no sarcasm icon (n)

Last edited:
•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back