Dynadot

information New gTLD Success Will Be Measured Only by Use; Not Sales, Not Registrations

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

News

Hand-picked NewsTop Member
Impact
The only thing that will measure the success of new gTLDs in general is when mass amounts of users begin to register them without the need for the .com. When both consumers and businesses begin to build their foundations on new gTLD domains without worry or concern for who may be the holder of the .com version of the domain, or whether or not the .com is even registered – that is when we will know that new domain extensions are winners.
Success for new gTLDs domains in general is when the public begins to ask what the ending address is – now we’re at a point where new gTLDs are ready to take off...
Read More

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
In a similar example, if you were to give someone your email address without the ending extension (suchandsuch@suchandsuch), the receiver would generally assume it ended in .com – maybe .net or maybe even .org.

it should be suchandsuch@name.suchandsuch

•••
I did not read this opinion article correctly. Just ignore my previous post.

•••
We're a ways off still, but yes, agreed.

Usage=Dependency=Success

•••
I agree ...I think if the domain is generic and matches the brand of the end user without the need of .com then we could start talking about success..

I have trade.events and i really don't see why i should think about buying tradeevents.com;

I am noticing is that many .coms that were never developed and never put forsale are now surfacing on sedo, godaddy.... they are selling because either they are worried about loss in value or they need cash to invest in new gtlds....

•••
If only spam was a success metric :)

•••
•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back