New Forum Leaders!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.

RJ

Domain BuyerTop Member
Impact
First, I want to thank you being a part of out growing community! NamePros is among the fastest growing forums on the Internet and is now averaging over 10,000 posts/week. Needless to say, this has made it quite a challenge for myself, Armstrong and Grrilla to be everywhere at all times.

So... it is my pleasure to annouce a new usergroup at NamePros of Forum Leaders.

Forum Leaders are selected members that have volunteered to assist with managing and improving specific areas of the site. A overview of the usergroup's purpose and abilities are listed here.

Usergroup Title: Forum Leader

Usergroup Description:

Forum Leaders are encouraged to inspire positive activity in their respective forums, engage other members in discussion, and assist members where possible.

Forum Leaders should strengthen the positive aspects of our community rather than engage users in conflict and confrontation. Administering diciplinary action and warnings as needed will remain the responsibility of the NamePros administrators.

Forum leaders will have thread management permissions within their forums as described herein.

Permissions:

Forum Leaders may, in their led forums,

- Move misplaced threads to proper forum
- Remove spam posts using soft delete feature
- Mark threads as "Heated" where needed
- View and discuss reported posts with reporting member and staff in private forum
- Move inappropriate threads to Reported Posts forum
- Report activity requiring warnings or discipline to the site staff

Assignment of Forum Leaders:

Assignments will made by staff as needed. Forum Leaders may take a leadership position for up to three forums. There may be more than one leader assigned to a forum.

• The previous official position of 'Member Representative' has been retired. I wish to extend my thanks to those that previously participated in that role.
  • Posts to the 'Private Message To Staff' forum are not viewable by Forum Leaders, but will remain private between posters and site administrators
  • Forum Leaders will be able to view and respond to reported posts and threads posted in the 'Reported Posts' forum.

To bring threads to the attention of Forum Leaders and site staff, you can use the 'Report Bad Post' feature by clicking the red icon at the bottom left side of the postbit.

Here are the initial Forum Leaders and the list of assigned forums.

Forum Leaders By Forum

Domain Names:
Domain Name Discussion - IAmAllanShore
Domain Appraisals - Sabre Hosting & All4Cost
Domain Newbies
Expired Domains
Legal Issues & Disputes
Industry News

Design & Development:
Web Design Discussion
Web Design Reviews
Website Development
Programming - Scott
Graphic Design
Web Hosting Discussion - Sabre Hosting
Webmaster Tutorials - N/A

Marketplace:
Domains For Sale - Fixed Price/Offer - MissFlora
Domains For Sale - Auctions
Domains Wanted - All4Cost
Developed Sites For Sale
Web Design Projects
Web Hosting Offers - Scott
For Sale / Advertising Board - Scott
NP$ Sales & Auctions - all4cost

Making Money:
Affiliate Talk & PPC/CPC Programs - IAmAllanShore
Google Adsense - IAmAllanShore
Marketing Techniques
Business Development

Community:
Break Room - dgridley & Sabre Hosting
Welcome Center
Contests Forum
Free Resources

---------------

Forums By Forum Leader

IAmAllanShore - Domain Name Discussion, Affiliate Talk & PPC/CPC Programs, Google Adsense
Sabre Hosting - Domain Appraisals, Web Hosting Discussion, Break Room
MissFlora - Domains For Sale - Fixed Price/Offer
Scott - Web Hosting Offers, For Sale / Advertising, Programming (discussion forum)
All4Cost - Domain Appraisals, NP$ Sales & Auctions, Domains Wanted
dgridley - Break Room

All six Forum Leaders are past Member of the Month winners, so I'm confident we can all offer our support to these members in their new roles. A sincere thank you to each for volunteering the time and efforts to assisting the community!

Future Forum Leaders: Notice many of the forums are not covered by Forum Leaders at this time. We do intend to accept more volunteers into the Forum Leader usergroup in the near future.... however, please hold off on volunteering for the time being until we get a feel for how well things are working out and decide whether changes need to be made to the rules or assignments.

Have a great one,

RJ

:wave:

Discussion thread:
http://www.namepros.com/showthread.php?t=86938

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back