Dynadot

New domain name issue

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Rawley

Impact
I got a free hosting from profreehost and build my site with a domain name having an extension .unaux.com
So I decided to get a paid domain name from namecheap, but how can I link this domain name to my site please. I've search the entire YouTube and articles but none works. Contacted support too but no one has replied yet.
Please you guys are my last hope

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I got a free hosting from profreehost and build my site with a domain name having an extension .unaux.com
So I decided to get a paid domain name from namecheap, but how can I link this domain name to my site please. I've search the entire YouTube and articles but none works. Contacted support too but no one has replied yet.
Please you guys are my last hope
To do this you need:
1. Log in to your Namecheap account.
2. Find the purchased domain name and click the "Manage" button next to it.
3. Locate the "Name Servers" section and select "Custom DNS".
4. Enter the nameservers provided by profreehost in the appropriate fields. You will be able to find this information in your profreehost account.
5. Save your changes.
6. After the changes are made, the domain will propagate and become active within 24-48 hours.

•••
To do this you need:
1. Log in to your Namecheap account.
2. Find the purchased domain name and click the "Manage" button next to it.
3. Locate the "Name Servers" section and select "Custom DNS".
4. Enter the nameservers provided by profreehost in the appropriate fields. You will be able to find this information in your profreehost account.
5. Save your changes.
6. After the changes are made, the domain will propagate and become active within 24-48 hours.
Wait so all I have to do is add nameservers? And the new domain name will load the site like the old domain name did ?
And what happens when the old domain name is used ? Is there any way I can delete it ?

•••
Wait so all I have to do is add nameservers? And the new domain name will load the site like the old domain name did ?
And what happens when the old domain name is used ? Is there any way I can delete it ?
Once the nameservers have been changed, the old domain name won't resolve anymore, so you don't need to do anything.

•••
Ok sounds good.
I'm just been scared because it's my first time doing such.
I was thinking of creating a new profreehost domain with my custom domain name from namecheap and then creating a blank wp site and later use a plugin to migrate my site from the old domain name to the new one !

•••
Once the nameservers have been changed, the old domain name won't resolve anymore, so you don't need to do anything.
Ok thank you. How about the accounts connected to my domain name ? Like google analytics and search console. Do i have to change the link(properties) there ?

•••
Ok thank you. How about the accounts connected to my domain name ? Like google analytics and search console. Do i have to change the link(properties) there ?
I don't remember. It's a long time since I dabbled with it.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back