Dynadot

New Brandable Market: brandaftermarket.com

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Brandworthy

Established Member
Impact
https://www.brandaftermarket.com

Interesting angle - all domains have same $495 price. Very much targeting the low end.

First thing that comes to mind when viewing their inventory is: you get what you pay for.

But it's something worth watching, and I hope they have success.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Not a bad looking website, nothing on BB, BR or BP but looks good. I toyed around with the low end priced brandables with excitemental but there were just to many marketplaces out there that the sales rate declined and at those prices it wasn't sustainable. Good luck to them though.

•••
Dropped prices to $299. :)

https://www.brandaftermarket.com/about

Everything is priced reasonably at $299. Unlike other brandable marketplaces we keep our names one uniform price so you can focus on finding the right brand, with the peace of mind that no matter what name you see it’s priced within your budget. There are no hassles, no confusion. We’re here to answer any and all questions. Please reach out any time.

brandaftermarket.png

Works if you can buy for $1. Most of BrandAftermarket domains were bought via FastHosts.

https://www.brandaftermarket.com

Interesting angle - all domains have same $495 price. Very much targeting the low end.

First thing that comes to mind when viewing their inventory is: you get what you pay for.

But it's something worth watching, and I hope they have success.

Last edited:
•••
One of the primary problems with hand registered brandables is that lack of history equals lack of traffic. Without traffic you can't cross sell. When you don't have type in or organic traffic you have to pay for traffic, and that eats into margins. I'd guess this particular business model won't last long.

•••
they were cutting theirbudget on logo design, not actually graphic but more to Fonts creative

•••
Not sustainable.
Unless you keep dropping and picking on cheap promos, you need to sell 3% of your inventory annually just to break even.

There is too much of garbage names there, probably not much of type-in traffic, they probably don't rank well for important keywords etc.

•••
Just ran their site through SEMrush, they don't rank for anything so they get zero organic traffic.. it's a losing battle for them i feel

•••
Just ran their site through SEMrush, they don't rank for anything so they get zero organic traffic..
SEMrush is a great tool, but I would not rely on it for data on small sites or niches. Their data is best used to observe trends, and for bigger sites/niches.

•••
•••
All the inventory is listed on Afternic. Currently at $299.

Assume most sales come from there.

Not sustainable.
Unless you keep dropping and picking on cheap promos, you need to sell 3% of your inventory annually just to break even.

There is too much of garbage names there, probably not much of type-in traffic, they probably don't rank well for important keywords etc.

•••
BrandAftermarket looks good as for Wordpress site. However, as a developer, I am 100% sure you can't scale WP based marketplace, especially when/if it will start getting a lot of traffic.

•••
BrandAftermarket looks good as for Wordpress site. However, as a developer, I am 100% sure you can't scale WP based marketplace, especially when/if it will start getting a lot of traffic.

you can scale on wp... You just need to install caching plugin...

•••
you can scale on wp... You just need to install caching plugin...
There are multiple ways to scale WP, caching plugins being just one of those.

•••
There are multiple ways to scale WP, caching plugins being just one of those.

Lol there is probably a reason why marketplaces like Flippa, Sedo, Amazon and other serious platforms don't use WP. WP is good to test the market, small ecommerce sites, news sites etc but not for a serious marketplace platform. Caching plugins won't help when you have a massive traffic. Plus security is a big issue here. Don't take me wrong. I don't say it won't work. But in a long run, it's not the best solution especially if you want to make it a real business. I work with WP, Java and Node. And every framework/language is suitable for a specific thing. WP is good for small businesses, landing pages but not marketplaces.

•••
Automattic bought WooCommerce, it scales fine.

Again assume most sales come from Afternic, not BrandAftermarket.com. I know @equity78 thought of building a similar marketplace.

Is it worth the effort at $499 or $299?

•••
Automatic is a totally different kind of business... you can't really compare it with Brandaftermarket.

But yeah assuming sales will always come through Afternic and there is no goal of making it a real business like Sedo, then yes. CMS is just fine.

•••
I am not a brandable domain expert but selling all at equal price is a very bad strategy

•••
•••
I am not a brandable domain expert but selling all at equal price is a very bad strategy

Why do you think so? I agree it would of course not work at a marketplace such as BrandBucket with lll.coms and other valuable names. But this marketplace looks like it only has hand-registered stuff.

•••
•••
himguy.com

yup that has so many potential applications :giggle:

BorgWallet.com

Oh come one really :facepalm:

They will be assimilated :xf.laugh:

Last edited:
•••
•••
Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back