Dynadot

Network Solutions DNS change and Transfer Code request not working

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Hello everyone, anyone here has experienced the same issue like me at Network Solutions?

The thing is that I won a domain last year from a SnapNames expired domain auction, and the domain is managed at Network Solutions but under the registrar name of "SNAPNAMES 1, LLC".

However, when I tried to change its DNS, I always received an unsuccessful email notification like below screenshot:
dns-change-unsuccessful.png

And due to the fact that it is about to expire in 3 months, I decided to transfer the domain away from Network Solutions, so I tried many times to make a request for the auth code of the domain name from Network Solutions but I always received no email containing the code, and the online chat suggested me to call their phone support, I did it but the phone support doesn't solve my problem, all the support guy did was keep retrying to send the auth code to the email address set in the contact of the domain under my Network Solutions account, and wanting me to wait for the email to come. I still receive nothing after several attempts and many hours waitng...

And I also noticed that the domain is under WHOIS privacy protection according to its public WHOIS information, however, I didn't set any privacy on this domain at Network Solutions, so I assume that it is due to a technical glitch or something that doesn't reflect my settings for the domain name and it may probably still retains its former owner's settings.

Anyone here can help with this issue or tell me what to do for the next step?
Network Solutions is really a pain and a nightmare to me.

Thanks in advance!

fleaking

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
And I also noticed that the domain is under WHOIS privacy protection according to its public WHOIS information
Had a similar issue once. Was a snapnames catch and was not manageable. I saw it inside but could do nothing with it. The reason: they had it in their system ALSO attached to a previous owners account (as it was regged via netsol before the drop). Whois returned old ownership details (not mine and not private).

You may possibly confirm if it is really the case by comparing sets of dates returned by REGISTRY whois and registrar whois. If the creation/expiration dates are different in 2 sets - and even if all dates are same - then imo you should complain to them not about authcodes on this stage, but about unmanageable domain due to it mistakenly belonging to 2 different accounts (or, at least, showing whois which is not yours). In my case, they were at least able to understand the problem, and fixed in within ~2 weeks...

For the sake of clarity, the registrar-based set of dates is located in the same block where you see "Registrant Name: PERFECT PRIVACY, LLC". Depending on whois software or website used, registry dates may or may not be shown, but they are always available via https://lookup.icann.org/en/lookup for example...

Last edited:
•••
In my experience (with another registrar), if your domain is under whois privacy, you will never receive that auth-code email.

***CORRECTION*** I guess this situation varies depending on registrar.

Last edited:
•••
Afaik, Snapnames support = netsol support. You may try though... would not harm. And, if there are different dates in netsol whois (registrar) and in registry whois - then it should be obvious that snapnames actually did not deliver the domain (since delivering non-manageable domain makes no sense). Private whois alone - which you did not order (it is paid service!) - may also serve as a sign that something is wrong with their system...
Good luck!

Last edited:
•••
I got the full control of my domain at Network Solutions after talking to SnapNames, so the problem is now solved!

Really appreciate your information tonyk2000, it helped me a lot!

fleaking

•••
Had a similar issue once. Was a snapnames catch and was not manageable. I saw it inside but could do nothing with it. The reason: they had it in their system ALSO attached to a previous owners account (as it was regged via netsol before the drop). Whois returned old ownership details (not mine and not private).

You may possibly confirm if it is really the case by comparing sets of dates returned by REGISTRY whois and registrar whois. If the creation/expiration dates are different in 2 sets - and even if all dates are same - then imo you should complain to them not about authcodes on this stage, but about unmanageable domain due to it mistakenly belonging to 2 different accounts (or, at least, showing whois which is not yours). In my case, they were at least able to understand the problem, and fixed in within ~2 weeks...

For the sake of clarity, the registrar-based set of dates is located in the same block where you see "Registrant Name: PERFECT PRIVACY, LLC". Depending on whois software or website used, registry dates may or may not be shown, but they are always available via https://lookup.icann.org/en/lookup for example...
I appreciate your information very much! That is extremely helpful!

However, I feel so frustrating now, after several phone conversations and online chatting with Network Solutions support guys, they said that they can't resolve my problem, and asking me to contact with SnapNames...

(n)(n)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back