IT.COM

Network Solutions $1 .com up to 5 domains??

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

EGENIUS1

Established Member
Impact
Find Your Perfect Domain Name for $1.00/yr "This promotional pricing is valid for up to five (5), one-year domain name registrations. Service will automatically renew until feature is cancelled. Current renewal is $38.00/year."

Anyone have experience with Network Solutions, good or bad??

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
If that was the case everyone on this thread would be in trouble. The main reason to lose names is not answering their emails to confirm your email/details.

Please amend your post to remove my post.
Sorry, the time limit ends.

Reported my own post to MOD :banghead:, hope they get it removed.

•••
Odd I am getting the discount showing but when I go to pay it is saying all my contact details are incorrect....

•••
I don't think he was talking about netsol. Because netsol has done a $1 deal int he past that was unlimited like this one.. and there was no mention of "returns". Only scary thing is the 200k$ renewal that someone got charged with :D.

$200k? Yikes. This is why PayPal and will remember to go in and cancel future payments to netsol.

I did get smacked with the same... when name.com had the promo for .pics and .phots, bought about 40 domains. Did not cancel auto renew, they charged like $1200 to wife’s card. They did not want to hear any of it. Yes was my fault but come on, was still within the time period.

And ever since then, have hundreds of domains back at GoDaddy, namecheap and internet.bs. GoDaddy has the best customer service out of all and no issues with refunds.

•••
x
$200k? Yikes. This is why PayPal and will remember to go in and cancel future payments to netsol.

I did get smacked with the same... when name.com had the promo for .pics and .phots, bought about 40 domains. Did not cancel auto renew, they charged like $1200 to wife’s card. They did not want to hear any of it. Yes was my fault but come on, was still within the time period.

And ever since then, have hundreds of domains back at GoDaddy, namecheap and internet.bs. GoDaddy has the best customer service out of all and no issues with refunds.

Yes best to keep with PP as can always cancel also always keep renewal off...

•••

I operate a small reseller hosting & believe me I had to return my customer money every time because they get charged again after their subscription ends. Why?

I asked the same things to PayPal & as per Paypal. If some of my customers subscribe to the plan & then he cancel it from his own Paypal he still gets charged unless I cancel its subscription from My Paypal.

Now, the best I advice is make sure to turn off auto-renewal. You can't do anything as if they want to charge you renewal they get it done regardless of your auto payment cancellation

Last edited:
•••
I operate a small reseller hosting & believe me I had to return my customer money every time because they get charged again after their subscription ends. Why?

I asked the same things to PayPal & as per Paypal. If some of my customers subscribe to the plan & then he cancel it from his own Paypal he still gets charged unless I cancel its subscription from My Paypal.

Now, the best I advice is make sure to turn off auto-renewal. You can't do anything as if they want to charge you renewal they get it done regardless of your auto payment cancellation

Thats not true they cant charge you if you have cancelled the payment have done this with lots of other subscriptions and dont get charged....

•••
Thats not true they cant charge you if you have cancelled the payment have done this with lots of other subscriptions and dont get charged....
Choice is yours

•••
•••

Well... thanks for the reminder and wow, that was easy... just turned off auto renew on netsol for all of the domains with 3 clicks! Expected it to be far worse!

•••
I used to operate multiple services with subscription by Paypal through years, and never faced this. Once my client cancels at his end, nothing charges him again, whether from my end or at Paypal middle end or whatever. I don't say what you tell is not true, i just tell my experience.

•••
•••
Is the promo ended?
No links working here..

•••
•••
"We're sorry. There was a problem processing your PayPal payment. Please try another payment method" I get this error when trying to pay for a domain on network solution. I have used this paypal to make payment before on network solutions and it has funds. What could be the problem? Thanks

•••
•••
i feared that it was starting to wane, so went on a spree last nite and got 60 names. yes, it still works...

•••
i feared that it was starting to wane, so went on a spree last nite and got 60 names. yes, it still works...

good luck selling them all

•••
"We're sorry. There was a problem processing your PayPal payment. Please try another payment method" I get this error when trying to pay for a domain on network solution. I have used this paypal to make payment before on network solutions and it has funds. What could be the problem? Thanks

Similar issue... have 35 names... looks like capped?

•••
Reg 15 names now giving error.

•••
•••
•••
I could never reg more than 3 to 5 names in a single session of may be three to five hours.
My regs are mostly keyword+keyword.com ; mostly tech niche.

i wonder what type of names have you been regging in such volume ?
you dont have to share if you dont wanna.

•••

That’s what happens. You get to a certain number and you get flagged. However the amount of time an account is flagged is foggy. I was flagged/blocked and 6 weeks later was able to reg up a storm for ten days right after Thanksgiving.

•••
So can you create a new account and use same paypal or no? Or best to try and get unflagged?

•••
Similar issue... have 35 names... looks like capped?
I was blocked twice. First time it worked after 3 days and second time it worked after 5 days. This could be random for each account depending on unknown factors. I did not change anything. Just waited and kept trying once every other day.

As evident in previous posts, if you call them they will just blame paypal.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back