IT.COM

news Neo-Nazi website Daily Stormer to lose domain name

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Kate

Domainosaurus RexTop Member
Impact
Neo-Nazi website Daily Stormer to lose domain name
GoDaddy told the white supremacist site it has 24 hours to find a new domain provider.

The Daily Stormer has been called the "top hate site in America." Soon it's going to be without domain.

The site, which was involved in organising the white supremacist rally in Charlottesville, has been told by GoDaddy to move its domain or have it cancelled.

GoDaddy is the website's domain provider, directing internet users and search engines to its URL. GoDaddy doesn't, however, host The Daily Stormer's content.

"We informed The Daily Stormer that they have 24 hours to move the domain to another provider, as they have violated our terms of service," the company said in a tweet, adding in an emailed statement, "If no action is taken after 24 hours, we will cancel the service."

The tweet followed a hate-filled post on The Daily Stormer, which focused on the woman killed during anti-fascist protests over the weekend. The victim, Heather Heyer, was killed when a car drove at speed into a crowd of people protesting the alt-right demonstrations.
CNET - Neo-Nazi website Daily Stormer to lose domain name

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Now the communist set on purging America of free speech have started doxing people to ruin their lives.

When will it stop? When some asshole gets fired from his rent-a-cop job? Maybe the nationalist start doxing Antifa and BLM. They have more experience at it. What could go wrong?

I'm so sick of fringe assholes and social media mobs

•••
Now the communist set on purging America of free speech have started doxing people to ruin their lives.

When will it stop? When some a*hole gets fired from his rent-a-cop job? Maybe the nationalist start doxing Antifa and BLM. They have more experience at it. What could go wrong?

I'm so sick of fringe assholes and social media mobs

They do already. The lady that asked GD to drop the domain posted "threatening violence, which is happening now to me." There are threads asking to get all her info etc. It goes both ways.

There are Twitter accounts like - https://twitter.com/YesYoureRacist

You have the right to (peacefully) protest but we live in an age that if you engage in hateful speech, racism and such, it'll get exposed. Sometimes there are repercussions, fair or not. Like what you mentioned, getting fired from their jobs. Here is one of the guys whose pic was plastered everywhere

http://www.ktvn.com/story/36123640/unr-student-marches-in-charlottesville-white-nationalist-rally

This guy lost his job because of it
https://twitter.com/YesYoureRacist/status/896713553666871296

DHHEOMXXsAQSmIG.jpg

Last edited:
•••
Last edited:
•••
I dislike that disgusting website (and many others that are never shut down), but also don't like registrars to have this kind of authority over domains/websites, it can be biased and misused ! what do you think?

totally agree 100%

but I hear those kind of stories only about godaddy

if they lose that domain
they will register another domain
and half a year later
nothing will have changed

its not the domain
which is hatefull

its humans

•••
They should move to German registrar....oh, that wasn't politically correct?

guess thats the place where they will not get a warning before shut down

•••
•••
Free speech? Only for the chosen one.

•••
Free speech? Only for the chosen one.

These companies all have things in their TOS against this kind of thing. Plus:

http://www.uscourts.gov/about-feder...ational-outreach/activity-resources/what-does

"This test has been modified very little from its inception in 1969 and the formulation is still good law in the United States. Only speech that poses an imminent danger of unlawful action, where the speaker has the intention to incite such action and there is the likelihood that this will be the consequence of his or her speech, may be restricted and punished by that law."

"Walton explained that, legally speaking, the First Amendment doesn’t protect “verbal acts”

“If you are using words in such a way that it’s directed at a particular person and meant to incite someone and beat somebody up, that can be a criminal act,” Walton said."

Last edited:
•••
Oh... come on. It's so easy to hate the nazis these days. What about BLM? They are at godaddy too. Is this a peaceful organization?

•••
These companies all have things in their TOS against this kind of thing. Plus:

The TOS all start with "at the sole discretion". Would be nice to see a major US corporation take a stand for the #1A

•••
Oh... come on. It's so easy to hate the nazis these days. What about BLM? They are at godaddy too. Is this a peaceful organization?

Not sure, never checked out their site. Do you have a link where you feel they're inciting?

Plus, it was stupid to use mainstream providers, I'm sure there are other places that will take this kind of stuff.

•••

I doubt the familes of the five police officers, assassinated by BLM in Dallas last year think so.

•••
•••
•••
Read the whole post but missing the part about domain names in there.

I think it relates to both groups trying to dox and censor each other. At some point normal people have to take a stand and tell these turd blossoms to shut up.

•••
I think it relates to both groups trying to dox and censor each other. At some point normal people have to take a stand and tell these turd blossoms to shut up.

its a good idea to a have a kind of "hyde park corner"
for all the nonses to be posted that
some more or less moroons want to post

so ordinary people won't be confused

•••
But the content is somewhere else right?
Because in one thread on this website we are praising "hatred.com" for garnering big dollars.
I disagree morally with the p o RR n
market of domains but then can we assume none of the material hosted on domains of adult destination also violates the godaddy terms?

•••
Wrong. Best way to deal with this sort of thing is to have it out in the open where everyone can see. Shut it down and you isolate people who are full of hatred and will then find other more extreme ways to draw attention.

I think people demanding the website / domain be removed, should consider; witch-hunts rarely end the way it's supporters think.

Private companies can set their own rules but if you want a free open internet, you have to put up with ass-holes and racist.

Google says they are 'canceling their domain registration' -- i didn't even know that was possible and I strongly oppose that. It's a slippery slope. Today it's a racist site, tomorrow it's an alt right site, then a conservative site -- then anybody I don't agree with or who has enough people complain.

Access to domain names is a central component of free speech in the 21st century. Nobody should have their domain registration 'canceled' -- no exceptions for people who are super duper bad or whatever. Because then we're creating arbiters of and gatekeepers of content, ideas and free expression.

These are salients points, imo.
Maybe a much bigger issue than neonazi websites inciting violence is that neonazi websites do not invite dialogue. Maybe the real problem is that the typical American is too busy taking selfies of themselves while facebooking and guzzling aspartame to even care about how racism affects them on a daily basis. Wouldn't it be better if millions of people saw the site so they can get a better understanding of how deep the issue of racism is. Maybe people would not be so self-centered and be inspired to act on this issue if they could see from these sites just how dangerous it was to not care about others...

Last edited:
•••
That's stupid, what rights do they have to do that? Seems like just a huge publicity move.

•••
It's all about publicity at this point. Not so much good publicity, but avoiding bad publicity. Cloudflare violated their long standing policy of being content neutral to boot the daily stormer 'because they are assholes.' But it's not a reversal of their policy, they just made an exception for these 'assholes' because they are the only assholes using their services I guess.

If they didn't boot them, they risked bad publicity and being seen as supporting them. As opposed to just supporting their principles of being content neutral.

•••
•••
I have no idea who this group is or where their seemingly hatred ideologies come from, nor do I have the desire to visit their website. However, is this group linked to any specific crimes or have they committed and/or broken any laws that spawned all of this? Or have they just spouted off terribly hateful and ignorant viewpoints on their website?

•••
...have they committed and/or broken any laws that spawned all of this? Or have they just spouted off terribly hateful and ignorant viewpoints on their website?

Godaddy asserts they did, which was the reason for terminating their hosting and registration service.

You can view the site through archive.org. Mostly just miserable, paranoid rants.

Last edited:
•••
Godaddy asserts they did, which was the reason for terminating their hosting and registration service.

You can view the site through archive.org. Mostly just miserable, paranoid rants.
As for visiting or reading their misery, i think I will pass. lol. Any chance you have the "cliff notes" version of the actual, alleged acts of crime that GoDaddy is accusing them of?

•••
As for visiting or reading their misery, i think I will pass. lol. Any chance you have the "cliff notes" version of the actual, alleged acts of crime that GoDaddy is accusing them of?

What is being reported was that they were inciting violence. Inciting people to break the law is also a crime.

Bear in mind Godaddy asked them to leave, they did not shut them down - Google did, once they transferred the domain to Google. So as well as Godaddy, there is Google to discuss.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back