DAN.com

NemoHost Owner Cancelled Sell.

Located in Web Hosting Discussion, started by Sinfully Wicked, Jun 7, 2005

Replies:
Views:

1. Sabre

Sabre First Time Poster! VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

Yep, you should be able to demand a refund :)

The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  2. Mayur

Mayur VIP Member VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

:| :| I got to get to work and move my sites!!!!

3. CrazyTech

CrazyTech Wordpress & Web Hosting Guy VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

I'd think by now already having a backup should be a given. Still a bad situation and personally I'd get the backup then threaten a little legal action. The clients could always get together and organize something in this scenario.

4. Mayur

Yea that wouldnt be such a bad idea CrazyTech.

5. redhippo

redhippo VIP Member VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

wow another mess with another hosting company...well so much for fly by night companies..i think the new owner should honor the pass deals of the company.IMHO

6. Mayur

all sites backed up and moved ;) i suggest you all do the same

7. Sinfully Wicked

Sinfully Wicked Top Contributor VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

You sure? when i was gonna buy it from Kevin he said there was 17 paid clients, and the rest were free!, hmm....Anyhow....i am willing to take all NemoHosting.com's people, aslong as you have no adult material, no warez and spam sites, thats fine, contact me, heres the deal, i dont like to see this crap happen, but im not gonna buy nemohosting.com of there new owners, why should i?. I will offer you all 1 months free hosting with me until you find another hosting company you wish to go with, 1 month isent a long time i know, but atleast all your sites will be up and running (better than being down, right?), please PM me if your interested and with the space/bw you need. im not doing this so i get something back, im doing this because in a way i am connected with this problem, i gain nothing from it, if you choose to continue to host with me, then so be it, i will gladly welcome you, if not, i wish you every success :)

8. sunken

sunken VIP Member VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

I didn't figure whoever Kevin sold it to, the accounts would be honored. It was naive to think that they would honor his policy. I'm glad I got out when I could. It's nice to have the Manor at a place I know isn't going anywhere anytime soon and didn't realize how overloaded the servers were until I moved it and noticed how much faster it is. I agree with Sin, backup and I would start checking out new hosts like wncwebhosting.com and/or Sin's hosting service for quality hosting.

9. Sinfully Wicked

WOW! overload central! lol but what do you expect from someone selling 1/4 of there server for $9.95?

Thank you

Sin

10. Sinfully Wicked

OMG! i just read the txt file from Micro, about the convo he had with Kevin and overselling. I have NEVER seen anyone speak like that to a client, if any of my employees spoke to a client like that, they would be kicked out the door, and i mean kicked, i just have this thing about users/clients/customers come 1st and the customer is always right, look up the Consumer Act regulation, it will tell you in there what you guys are entitled todo. Hopefully you will get something from that.

Thank you

Sin

11. Wolfman

Wolfman Established Member ★★★★★★★★★★

That convo.txt is wild, I cant believe he actually speaks that way to clients. To all NemoHosting clients head on over to a trustworthy host, I recommend any host in the Domain Alliance Group, as Im sure SinfullyWicked keeps them in line ;).Iam currently hosted with NeoMedia-Host.com and have been satisfied.

12. Sinfully Wicked

Yep, i agree with Wolf....come and host with REAL webhost's either.... www.NeoMedia-Host.com or www.HostingFx.net (site still under destruction lol). Great prices (cussing at customers $20 extra;) ) Gtreat Support!

Thank you

Sin

13. Mayur

holy cow i read a few lines and had to close it. dad was coming upstairs :]

14. dweeb

dweeb Established Member ★★★★★★★★★★

cheap prices aren't everything. its actually the reliability that plays a major role in deciding which web host to go with.

oh and i read microdude's conversation log. its terrible the way kevin talks to him.

15. Mystic

Mystic Account Closed

i didnt see it :( i dont have permission, must have been moved by staff

Aah well ill ask micro for it :)

16. KPR

KPR VIP Member VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

Can you pm me the convo.txt if possible micro i would like a look at this.

17. KPR

Thanks.

Anyone that thinks there going to struggle to get hosted we will give you a home for a month for free to let you settle and then look for options. throw me a pm if interested.

This type of thing shouldnt happen when selling a company you need to have the buyer go into an agreement that they will take on your customers free or not as there who matter and make a bussiness.

18. RakeshRaja

RakeshRaja VIP Member VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

i also got email from nemohosting that i have to pay again to continue hosting...

while kevin said me.. that i dont have to pay any more lol

oh god.. is there any good host available in this word?

19. RakeshRaja

RakeshRaja VIP Member VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

i think i have to find a good webhost.. which never let me down.. i am tried to transfer accounts often....

lol

20. KPR

Jeez i had to look twice there when you all were mentioning kevin thought you meant me when i hadnt hosted you. Nearly fell of my chair till i remembered the owners name was kevin to lol

21. NickRac

NickRac Yes, I am THAT good. VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

so when will nemohost.com hosted websites be back up?

Nick

22. Sinfully Wicked

When Nemo's clients move hosts.

Thank you

Sin

23. netPH

netPH VIP Member VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

Guess what, my nemo reseller account was just terminated today Grrrrrrr

Websites down = No income!

I'm paid 1yr in advance and It's really unfair. I've already forwarded them the Paypal payment reciept..... still, terminated me.... this is total BS!

else..... I will ask Paypal for reversal.. that's it!

24. Mayur

Mine is still up rite now. I will get back to you guys if it does go down.

25. Premium

Premium VIP Member VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

People, I have read this whole thread and it looks to me that you guys jumped on a host that is inexperienced and very irresponsible.

Do your research and make sure the host you are picking is serious about their services and they will always be their to support you.

If you lost your hosting/files, I'd file a claim against them as thats very unfair.

Good luck to all of you and I hope you get your money back... :tu:

Want to reply or ask your own question?

It only takes a minute to sign up – and it's free!
biix
  1. NamePros uses cookies and similar technologies. By using this site, you are agreeing to our privacy policy, terms, and use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice