IT.COM

.info Need to sell name at significant loss to offset gains for taxes. What would you do?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

gina ferrano

Established Member
Impact
There aren't many days left in the year...but to offset gains of a few other sales (capital gains/loss)...and seeing how .info's haven't faired well, I need to sell a premium one word .info (discreetly for the buyer as much as myself) How to do this? I would would even be willing to buy the name back for double the price in a years time.

What would you do in this same instance? Have you or would you consider doing this? Namely sell a name that has depreciate in value and use that loss to offset capital gains?

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Why don't you just buy additional domains and offset them as expenses?

Or do you not have an LLC set up? If you don't, it's kind of late in the year now, but from here on out, that is something you should really consider.

Last edited:
•••
Why don't you just buy additional domains and offset them as expenses?

Or do you not have an LLC set up? If you don't, it's kind of late in the year now, but from here on out, that is something you should really consider.

Thanks for the response back...

I do this more as a hobby, capital gains/loss and such. I also don't have money to buy anything, let alone spend 1.5k to make up for the loss. A LLC is def the way to go if I become more invested again (time/money) though reg fees alone, $800+ should make me rethink things. I gave myself little time, the only way to make up for gains is a loss, and a name that I know has depreciated seems like the smart way to go.
I may sell for a mere pittance to a friend or family member. even an auction at Sedo requires 7 days...

•••
Back