Need review - MexicanRoutes.com + Forum

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

maya-zir

Top Member
Impact
Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
@magnizmo

Visit Aguascalientes | Online travel guide | Mexican Routes

But most search engine use 60 characters limit, so I cant write there very attractive title having this limitation.

Visit Aguascalientes | Online travel guide | Mexican Routes

"Mexican Routes" appears there just because this is the title of the site.
Any recomendation how could I avoid it appear in the title line of search engines?

I use All in One SEO plugin

upload_2017-11-11_16-18-35.jpeg

Last edited:
•••
The toggles are great but what I meant is the large sentences or block of text - even within the toggles..

I normally do one or two short sentences then new paragraph. Kind of like how I did here https://amninjas.com/write-articles-people-will-actually-read/

It just makes it easier for people on smaller screens like mobile and tablets to read.

As for your title tag - here's a good article from Moz: https://moz.com/learn/seo/title-tag

Yes you do have 60 characters, so you need to use them wisely. I go for titles that people will want to click, this increases click through rate in the search results.

If you can get that ctr up and keep them on your site (low bounce rate) Google will favor yours over someone who has a lower performing page.

All in one SEO plugin - there should be a global setting you can change to avoid your name being inserted at the end. Check your setting - I don't use it anymore, I use Yoast SEO.

•••
•••
Yes, exactly.
On that page, under history there's still a few paragraphs that are long but that's just my opinion.

Look at them via your phone or http://quirktools.com/screenfly/ to see what it looks like. Choose the phone you want to view it in and look through pretending you're a reader of your own blog.

If it's easy to read, great. I also get friends or family to read over my pages to see if it's easy for them to read.

Just so you know, this is just my opinion as well and I'm not picking at your site, just sharing what I've tested over the years. Your site is really good and something to be proud of, so good job!

•••
@magnizmo
I also preffer short paragraph and not just because of mobile version, it is just easy to read and concentrate.
I edit one by one all my posts, resuming them and making more short paragraphs
I have one question for you, maybe you know..
I have blocked feeds from my website. Could it cause problem with seo?

•••
Yes, I HATE sites with big blocks of text without paragraphs. My friends often message me and I'm like, can you please break up it up into small paragraphs so I can read it..

I might need glasses though ahaha.

It shouldn't cause a negative effect but feeds can bring new link opportunities and traffic to your site.

•••
Remarkably fault-free site, but after reading all about wonderful tourist attractions and to-do.list of things to explore, people are bound to leave the site in search of securing accommodations for places they would like to visit.Thus, it's best to add a choice of curated hotels linked to descriptions of, for instance, resorts that would appear underneath the pictures right from the start instead of waiting for being contacted by companies offering services as a part of your monetization program. Secondarily, you could compliment the hotel bookings with adventure bookings and ticket ordering for attractions profiled as well as a reseller or an affiliate.Otherwise, people your site would serve the purpose of an appetizer, with people getting hungry for experiences they would satisfy elsewhere :)

Last edited:
•••
@namelancer
Well, I have a plan :)

But first I want to say this is a hobby project, I dreamt about this kind of website from my first visit to Mexico with a "Footprints Travel Guide" in my bag :)

So, I am still doing the website, it is not done yet..
I have too much destinations to add and too much added destinations to edit.
During all these editing I get more ideas.
I will add "Where to stay" at the end of each destination, but it will be later, not now.
I will not put there a list of sponsored hotels, I just explain how to get not expensive and good hotel and not always it is necesary to make a reserve. Mexico is a touristic country with a lot of good hotels, but I was there too much time ago, so I need to find out some thing, check if old tricks still work or not before I add "where to stay" toggle.

I dont want a website with reserve forms, with blinking and annoying banners.
But yes, I will monetize it.
I just need traffic, and having traffic I will contact and offer make reference to local business.
For example "Puerto Vallarta" page will have just Puerta Vallarta related banners and references.
I also will add good not expensive hotels etc, but I want to be sure each reference I will add will be really good.
This is hobby, so I want it be the best Mexico related website, the monetization for me is at the second place..

By the moment I just want it to be a very comfortable online mexico travel guide and be used from any mobile device, travelling...

Last edited:
•••
First impression is that of a well designed and well thought out website that is inviting and user friendly.

The site is quite comprehensive and appears to cover virtually all destinations and categories of travel to Mexico.

On the Home Page center I'll make a verbiage suggestion that might appeal to the casual or first time visitor.

I might change your current statement re the site and add the words Mexico and For Free to
the opening header, such as -

"ALL YOUR MEXICO TRAVEL NEEDS - CATERED FOR FREE IN ONE PLACE"

I'de place the " FOR FREE " front and center to immediately let the visitor know there is no cost involved per se.

Might also add somewhere on the Home Page that you feature SECTUR destinations.

Overall very nice and best wishes with your ambitious project,

•••
@WatchDogue
thanks, I already changed the Homepage content tiitle

•••
I preffer first finish at least english version, at least on 80% and just then mention something about SECTUR.
I also plan contact SECTUR and regional tourism related services and ask them for help (recommend places and services) and mention my website.
I am still on 40% of english version by the moment.

•••
colors used on your website is not professional

•••
@Reu Torah
these are mexican flag colors.
i dont need there any "pro colors", by the way "pro colors" mean business style (corporative) colors, such as dark or normal blue, grey etc.
my website is travel guide and Mexico is very colorful country.

by the way, I would recommend you check your color combination on your website CloudChatTen.com
Colors, font size, layout, and structure..

Last edited:
•••
ADDED NEW FUNCTION
I was searching for a good plugin to add voting to my posts, but didnt like any of them, so I decided to use the contact form.
But I also know that all visitors will ignore my feedback petition, so I limited all to just a simple button "click to say thanks" below each post.
example: http://mexicanroutes.com/acambaro/
Your opinions?

Last edited:
•••
1. I want to finish the english version, then I add russian and spanish ones, with more unique content.
2. mexican flag in footer brings you to the up of the page.
3. i will think about to add text to slider, i thought it before but didnt like the idea, will think it again
4. i do have advertise page: http://mexicanroutes.com/advertise-with-us/
5. i will redo all header later, all depends on the logo i still have no idea of what i want to see as logo.
6. i will monetize the web after i get traffic - but not adsense, check "advertise with us" page to see my monetise idea.

How do you expect someone to take your service offering seriously with so many errors on the advertise page?

•••
How do you expect someone to take your service offering seriously with so many errors on the advertise page?
When I finished the structure and add all destinations, all my posts will be checked and corrected.

•••
I already have traffic...2-5 daily visits from differents search engines: google, bing, duckduckgo, yandex, yahoo

•••
Any ideas about how to increase the traffic?
I get now around 8 daily uniques coming from search engines.

•••
Any ideas about how to increase the traffic?
I get now around 8 daily uniques coming from search engines.

Start a backlinks campaign.
Without backlinks (strong backlinks: from domains with DA > 40 and dofollow) you'll never rank.
Organic traffic is the most important, type in traffic in 2018 does not exists.

•••
Start a backlinks campaign.
Without backlinks (strong backlinks: from domains with DA > 40 and dofollow) you'll never rank.
Organic traffic is the most important, type in traffic in 2018 does not exists.
Last 2 days I have 10 daily visits coming from google, bing, yahoo, yandex and duckduckgo, not entering from social network or typing the website keywords. Today I ve get 15 uniques from google and bing.
I got ban in facebook so cant use it now to increase visits, I dont thing twitter is a good for this kind of camàign.
I have a news portal with LIS 30% but have no idea what is that, but I wrote a few articles with link to my website and that increased my LIS to 7%
Any more ideas? Pay por sponsored posts I cant by the moment..

•••
NEW SECTION ADDED
http://mexicanroutes.com/travel-routes/
So, this is the principal idea of MexicanRoutes.com - a list of travel routes.
I just added 4 free routes, but stil without details, I need a few weeks to finish them.
In future I will add more routes, maybe 100-150 in total.
I also will offer a personalized custom routes (itinerary) but this will be charge.
I also can offer add there a "sponsored" routes, thats mean if some travel agency or vr caravans tour want add there routes, I will adapt them to my website format and make reference on them (this is not free option).
Your opinions?

Last edited:
•••
The website is very good, I like it. When posting content from the web that is not unique, it is better to search for the content with CreativeCommons search or to ask for permission to copy a website content.
Use IFTT to get 200-1000 uniques traffic to your website from day 1 (or hire a webmaster that can do this, to grow your traffic to 200-1000 PV/day from day 1). I can give you the name of a webmaster that can do this for 40-50 USD/year. If what I am saying is good to you, message me and I'll give you the webmaster email address and I would be interested to buy an ad space on this website. :)

Last edited:
•••
This website is banner free. No ads, no banners.
I acept just mexico travel related advertising - a static banners made by me and realated to content: local tours, transfer, local guides, hotels, bike rental, car rental etc.

•••
Looks nice and clean, good luck!

•••
Your site looks pretty good in my opinion. It presents little bit "classic" design work, which works perfectly for this kind of website. Home page is really clear, easy to read and has all the information what is needed.

But I noticed one thing. At the left side of the home page you have photos Resorts, Magical Villas and so on and the right side of the page is photos about History of Mexico etc. On the left side there is 9 photos and at the right side there is 8 photos. So maybe you could add one photo more to the right side to the page, so both sides has same amount of photos and if you place all images to same size, it will look much more better I think.

And what comes to your menu at the top of the page, I suggest you to create icon menu. So every link has own icon, so it will look little bit more modern style.

And when we come to Colonial Towns, Resorts, Towns, and States page, I like the idea adding photo and text under it, but I think you should create some kind of advanced search engine (Right now you have only basic search). There is too many cities and towns listed in one page in my opinion and that is why you need little bit advanced search engine.

I see that you have at home page this:

• Send us photos of the places you visited in Mexico
  • Send us tourist plans of archeological sites you visited
  • Write us your travel experience in Mexico and we post it here
  • Translate some posts into your language
  • Leave us feedback on social network, blog or journal
  • Help us to be update: send us error reports and update information
  • Just send us a small donation
If you want to create really great website, I think you should first add a new page where you visitors can upload their travel photos to the gallery and other people can comment those photos and share them.

And create page too where people can share their travel experiences or integrate this feature to same page with the suggestion above. So basically your visitors could add photos to the gallery and then create little "story" about their travel experience.

Create page where people can contact if they have any questions, any error reports or update information. It will make your work easier and your visitors is easier to use your website.

Thanks,
Sami.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back