Dynadot

security Need Investigative help please for TheDomains.com Twitter hacked account

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Mods not sure this is the correct forum, please feel free top move it if I have chosen the wrong Forum.

Hello,

First off, I am not affiliated with TheDomains.com at all. It is and always was Mike Berkens site. Raymond Hackney @equity78 is a huge part of TheDomains.com now since MB kinda retired.

So, I was off of work today.. I should have done many things, ran errands, put some domains in auction, domain management, wrote in my own blog (which I have the hardest time ever doing), crypto coin movement since market moved, and a long honey-do list, etc.

I start off my day, looking at the domain blogs, and of course checking my Twitter account. I notice that TheDomains Twitter account got hacked. That kind of pissed me off. Nobody should be able to do that. Some people were trying to help tweet to people to report this hack to Twitter, just press the gear icon, etc. Well, my desktop twitter didnt have one so I created a screenshot showing how to report it from desktop set-up.

Twitter support blows. I am sure that so many fans of The Domains have reported this, and still no help. The knucklehead holding the twitter account for ransom still has full control of the site. This only goes to show the rest of us that have many less followers, that if we ever get hacked, we will never get our accounts back.

So, this starts bothering me. I know Ray for almost 10 years now. Mike Berkens had my favorite portfolio of any big time domainer ever, before selling it. Almost got to meet Mike when in Ft. Lauderdale a couple years ago. Just seems like a very cool guy. I have TONS of respect for TheDomains.com and Mike and Ray.

Ok so, I see this knucklehead hacker tweeting on that account. At one time, he asks for $50 in Bitcoin to get account back. I tweet that I will pay it to get it back to them.

Then he direct messages me.His tweets sounded childish, but his DM's sounded much more civil. So, I feel like I am dealing with a guy down on his luck and he is a hacker, sure I will give him the $50 to get the account back to Mike and Ray.

Thats where I F-ed up.

So, I sent him $50 in Bitcoin from my Bittrex along with the $15 fee thinking he was going to turn over the account. Of course, he didn't

Now, you may call me an idiot, and I get it. I do feel embarrassed. Based on the DM's I really felt like I could fix this. The money was not too big of an issue to me considering the knowledge I have gotten from Mike on TheDomains.com for free for all of these years, and Ray has done 100x more than $50 worth for me in the past 10 years as well. So this could have been a great ending but unfortunately not.

This is where you come in.

Can anyone find this guy? I know there are some brilliant people who frequent this forum and I think I got a lot of information from this scumbag. A couple members I have seen here who have done some great investigative work... @Grilled @promo anyone else that may be able to help, that would be extremely cool!

I am gonna eventually post my whole DM conversation here thru screenshots. I have his Bitcoin address and some text address screenshot that may be helpful. I don't know why, but I am angered by this big time like it is my own site even though it isn't.

Thanks,
Vito

Ok I think I captured entire conversation
Here goes...

Scumbag 1.png
scumbag 2.png
scumbag 3.png
scumbag 4.png
scumbag 5.png
scumbag 6.png
scumbag 7.png
scumbag 8.png
scumbag 9.png
scumbag 10.png

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
He is very resistant to giving me the twitter account. He is just a guy trying to make money if he can. But he is not dumb. Hopefully he won't damage the account and soon it will be recovered.

•••
•••
•••
•••
he answers to [email protected], but the email he has on twitter is li***@t******.***

•••

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-12-24 at 02.09.58.png
    Screen Shot 2017-12-24 at 02.09.58.png
    126.8 KB · Views: 99
•••
Email From Twitter, After I reported one of this messages on Private Chat as a Threat, earlier today.

( He said he is "going to hack me soon" )

Twitter sent this email after 15 mins of me.. Reported this as a threat ...

Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to report this to us. Our goal is to create a safe environment for everyone on Twitter to express themselves freely.

We’re in the process of reviewing your report. If you think you're in immediate danger based on the Direct Messages you’ve received, we strongly encourage you to contact law enforcement. Please take a look at this resource to give law enforcement the information they need (https://support.twitter.com/articles/41949).

In the meantime, here are some actions you can take to make your Twitter experience safer:

• Don’t respond to this person –– this may encourage their behavior.
  • Use block (https://support.twitter.com/entries/117063), a feature that prevents this person from contacting you or seeing your content while logged into Twitter.
You can learn more about how to stay safe on Twitter by visiting the Twitter Safety Center (https://about.twitter.com/safety).

Again, we appreciate you reporting this to us. Reports like this help us identify issues, making your communities and Twitter better.

Thank you,

Twitter

•••
I think that's their auto-respond template. Let's see how they quickly resolve the issue. We are just a small fish in the ocean.

•••
I think that's their auto-respond template. Let's see how they quickly resolve the issue. We are just a small fish in the ocean.

Yeah most properly is auto, just thought I share. As everything I reported yesterday to Twitter I never heard back. But guess the nature of what I did today a 15 min auto-respond template is ideal for Twitter.

•••
It's one of the very few times I see members of the forum working in co-operation.

Irrelevant of the outcome, kudos to all of you ;)

•••
•••
Just visited and for a minute it looked to me like it was recovered, then figured out the hacker was just replying to mentions. At least there has been a slow down of activity.

•••
Getting my coffee.... this is getting interesting

•••
•••
Did anyone else notice that the profile pic looked sorta like a Korean Alfred E. Neuman?

DR1rIOxWsAAQqmj.jpg

•••
•••
•••
Wow! Donald Trump even has Berkens' hacker saying Merry Christmas again!!

•••
Any updates from anyone? Just got this from Twitter :rage: .... What a Joke !!!!!

No violation of Twitter’s rules regarding abusive behavior

Hello,

Thank you for reporting this issue to us. Our goal is to create a safe environment for everyone on Twitter to express themselves freely.

We reviewed your report carefully and found that there was no violation of Twitter’s rules regarding abusive behavior (https://twitter.com/rules).

However, if this person has contacted you with more content that you find abusive after you filed this original report, or if there’s additional context you think we need to know about regarding this situation, please reply to this email and provide us with further details.

In the meantime, here are some actions you can take to make your Twitter experience safer:
  • You can report spam directly by flagging the conversation or message as spam. You can find instructions here: https://support.twitter.com/articles/20170408.
  • Don’t respond to this person –– this may encourage their behavior.
  • Use block (https://support.twitter.com/entries/117063), a feature that prevents this person from contacting you or seeing your content while logged into Twitter.
  • Use mute (https://support.twitter.com/articles/20171399), a tool that helps you tune out what this person is saying, without the person knowing you’ve muted them.
  • If you think you're in immediate danger based on the messages you’ve received, we strongly encourage you to contact law enforcement. Take a look at this resource for how to give law enforcement the information they need: https://support.twitter.com/articles/41949.
  • If enabled, we suggest you disable the “Receive Direct Messages from anyone” option under “Privacy and safety” in your “Settings" to prevent any unwanted messages from accounts you do not follow.
You can learn more about how to stay safe on Twitter by visiting the Twitter Safety Center (https://about.twitter.com/safety).

Thank you again for reporting this issue to us. Reports like this help us identify issues, making your communities and Twitter better.

Twitter

The attached is a message I got again after I reported the hacker, didn't they look at this!!!!

I have now also taken all my card details and personally stuff off Twitter, I do not trust Twitter one bit it's a Fu*king Joke.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-12-26 at 01.38.02.png
    Screen Shot 2017-12-26 at 01.38.02.png
    531.3 KB · Views: 110
•••
Just got this from Twitter :rage: .... What a Joke !!!!!

You are arguing with a twitter bot (algorithms and data analytical process). Don't waste your time. If you like to make some real noise #tag the TW leadership

•••
•••
Great @JagG Now all we need to do is to RT your post x100+ .

Last edited:
•••
Great @JagG Now all we need to do is to RT your post x100+ . I will #DM someone inside TW to speed up the process.

Perfect, let's hope @TheDomains gets sorted soon.

Thank you to everyone that is helping one way or another. :xf.smile:

•••
@Loxline - Brilliant idea. This may help!
@JagG - that was a very fast tweet. Ya beat me. Great job brother...just liked and retweeted it!

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back