Dynadot

Need help with a potential sale through SEDO

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

gametube101

Established Member
Impact
Dear Friends,

I need some help in estimating a potential sale through SEDO. I was in business a while a long time ago and stopped it for some time now.

Last year I bought a .CO domain name on a whim and sitting on it at the moment. It is parked at the register and not linked to SEDO in anyway. It has whois guard.

Couple of days ago someone from SEDO contacted me saying there is a client who is interested in buying the domain and asked me if I am interested to sell and if I had a price in mind.

I asked him to make an offer. I have the following questions?

1. Why did the client not contact me directly? By contacting me through Sedo, should I consider that this client is serious?
2. it is a name not with much keywords or metrics so it must be a potential name for a new business or an existing company on .com
3. Since there is a Sedo agent involved, I take it needs to be at least not in hundreds. Am I correct in this assumption?

I would love to have some cash but I am not in a hurry. While I do not want to sell the name for peanuts, I do not want to miss the chance to sell the name either.

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
•••
Great work and congrats on your sale! It's helpful for us newbies to follow this process from beginning to end. Glad it went so smoothly.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back