Dominion.Domains

Need help with a potential sale through SEDO

Located in Domain Beginners started by gametube101, Aug 2, 2018.

Replies:
48
Views:
1,566

  1. gametube101

    gametube101 Established Member

    Posts:
    23
    Likes Received:
    8
    Ok I replied with 2k and that should reveal the client's max. Once that is revealed it would make things easy.
     
    The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  2. BaileyUK

    BaileyUK Established Member

    Posts:
    571
    Likes Received:
    712
    Even without knowing the domain, your counter feels intuitively right to me. (given your description) Don't forget Sedo are still working for the client. If that is close to the clients max - then they will probably counter at around $800, they are looking for fast closure as well but expect to work for their money. If they immediately accept your counter, then there was probably 3 or 4,000 on the table.

    you'll get to know the max if your at double or more.

    it's all in this lovely game of domaining ;)
    the nice thing about a unsolicited approach from Sedo, is their game is about negotiating Not the game of bluffing, that wouldn't do their reputation any long-term good
     
    Last edited: Aug 3, 2018
  3. frank-germany

    frank-germany F1lter.com xpired domain search engine Gold Account VIP

    Posts:
    5,426
    Likes Received:
    5,647

    true

    when I have been contacted by a sedo broker that always ment $xxxx plus
     
  4. gametube101

    gametube101 Established Member

    Posts:
    23
    Likes Received:
    8
    The broker said he will see if he can get more to table. Fingers crossed.
     
  5. BaileyUK

    BaileyUK Established Member

    Posts:
    571
    Likes Received:
    712
    Great, I've been looking-out for your update.

    My guess, and I do generally like dealing with Sedo is that money is possibly already there. (it's a negotiating response) it's looking like they want you at nearer $1k
     
  6. gametube101

    gametube101 Established Member

    Posts:
    23
    Likes Received:
    8
    Sure, I will keep updating till the closing. I ended up replying with 2250 instead of 2000 as if it give them a room for negotiation and go at least to 1750. It felt like the broker wanted me to state a price whatever it maybe.

    I don't know if I mentioned this before, but it is 5L.co

    Also, as per their website, the client needs to commit to a max with the request. I honestly can not see SEDO going through a nego for 69$ fee and not see the nego succeed.
     
  7. gametube101

    gametube101 Established Member

    Posts:
    23
    Likes Received:
    8
    So got a reply today.

    So far:

    1. Contacted by Sedo brokerage
    2. After couple of emails, Sedo offered 500$
    3. I countered my starting point to be 2250$ (Last Friday)
    4. Today (Aug 6th) Sedo came back saying the following:
    The agent was able to get the client upto $1k. He also said he will see if he can improve upon that and left it at it.

    So I am going to sit tight and wait for him to come back to me again. Once it above 1500, I am ready to close the deal.

    For those interested:)/
     
  8. gametube101

    gametube101 Established Member

    Posts:
    23
    Likes Received:
    8
    1K is exactly what they came back with. You were on spot. But the broker kept his side of door open stating he will try for more without me even asking. So I am going to just wait 2 days at least.

    Thanks,
     
  9. BaileyUK

    BaileyUK Established Member

    Posts:
    571
    Likes Received:
    712
    thanks again for the update gametube101, I'm now expecting the finally offer to be between 1200/1500. With that probably being the max all along. (was there from the start) still Sedo done their job
     
    Last edited: Aug 7, 2018
  10. frank-germany

    frank-germany F1lter.com xpired domain search engine Gold Account VIP

    Posts:
    5,426
    Likes Received:
    5,647
    sounds like you are the buyer....
     
  11. BaileyUK

    BaileyUK Established Member

    Posts:
    571
    Likes Received:
    712
    I'll take that as a nice compliment but, I can assure you I'm not. I don't even know the domain.
    The seller (gametube101) without disclosing the domain, has given enough information to help with what, I believe the Sedo purchase negotiations will follow. It's not so much a pattern as just a similar process.

    It helps to put yourself in both shoes, which I try to do in any Sales negotiation. In this particular instance, I have dealt with Sedo brokers at a similar price level on several occasions. So that probably helps too
     
    Last edited: Aug 7, 2018
  12. frank-germany

    frank-germany F1lter.com xpired domain search engine Gold Account VIP

    Posts:
    5,426
    Likes Received:
    5,647

    the offers made by Sedo brokers reflect by no means
    the amount the buyer is willing to pay
    as sedo brokers don't know either
     
  13. xynames

    xynames XYNames.com VIP

    Posts:
    1,959
    Likes Received:
    2,909
    No one knows! :xf.eek:
     
  14. BaileyUK

    BaileyUK Established Member

    Posts:
    571
    Likes Received:
    712
    There are a couple of things to bare in mind to help come to a reasonable outcome with Sedo

    It is easier in that nobody is asking you to justify your asking price and wont bring that up in negotiations. You can expect negotiations to come to a conclusion fairly quickly. (time is definitely money for them) they (Sedo) have already pretty much established what is available to purchase is fairly reasonable by their own standards and worth a shot

    Nothing is different from dealing with direct client/seller but just quicker. As the original poster was asking for help I am just trying to add from experience and give him/her confidence in going forward.

    Yep, Not knowing the buyers funds is darn obvious.
     
    Last edited: Aug 7, 2018
  15. .X.

    .X. Always Buying Names VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

    Posts:
    6,631
    Likes Received:
    1,121
    The broker is simply a Liaison, there are several reasons for people to use them, I have done a few broker sales at Sedo, in one case it was a company that i would assume didn't have time to negotiate a "Offer - Counter Offer" and i also assume that the company was clueless as to the value of the domain and used the broker to set the offer, and lastly i assume the buyer wanted non disclosure. So it was best for them to hire a broker at Sedo. The sell came out the same as the sales between myself and the individual who purchased the name, with the exception of me knowing the actual buyer.

    in my case, I didn't see a big increase in the final price negotiated between my self and the Sedo broker, or the actual buyer. Go with your first mind pricing on putting a price on your domain, It is easy to get really hyped up and go way overboard on your initial pricing far to high.

    Best of luck and keep us posted.

    I ran and checked my Sedo acct, total sales 12, 3 sales by Sedo broker. so i am just slight of a few brokered sales ;)
     
    Last edited: Aug 8, 2018
  16. gametube101

    gametube101 Established Member

    Posts:
    23
    Likes Received:
    8
    Okay after two days of intended silence from me, I get a reply from Sedo. The broker says it seems 1500 is the limit for their client and that the client will also be paying the fees at that price. He wants to know if this would work for me.

    Originally, as soon as they come close to 1500, my intention was to take it. Part of me wants to ask 1700 final. But I believe the broker has dealt with me very professionally and all sounds fair for me.

    I will wait couple hours before I reply. What do you guys suggest?

    Thanks,
     
  17. BaileyUK

    BaileyUK Established Member

    Posts:
    571
    Likes Received:
    712
    I think seeing your original target price was $2k, and as you say Sedo have been pretty quick in upping from the original $500 opener, I would probably settle. I agree the broker and sales fees all on the buyer at around $350 is good feeling. Is it worth tying to Squeeze another $200, To me No, Different matter if you want to hold firm at $2k. Their is a good chance the buyer may well go there depending how quick he wants to close the deal, but he may choose to stall.
     
  18. BaileyUK

    BaileyUK Established Member

    Posts:
    571
    Likes Received:
    712
    I think seeing your original target price was $2k, and as you say Sedo have been pretty quick in upping from the original $500 opener, I would probably settle. I agree the broker and sales fees all on the buyer at around $350 is good feeling. Is it worth tying to Squeeze another $200, To me No, Different matter if you want to hold firm at $2k. Their is a good chance the buyer may well go there depending how quick he wants to close the deal, but he may choose to stall.
     
  19. gametube101

    gametube101 Established Member

    Posts:
    23
    Likes Received:
    8
    Originally wanted to ask 2k but ended up asking 2250
     
  20. wwwulff

    wwwulff Active Member VIP

    Posts:
    1,555
    Likes Received:
    4,303
    Sedo has recently had a .co auction (end of July) so look at the end prices there (see below) and compare it to your name and when decide if 1500 is reasonable


    • vegas.co $18,500
    • hire.co $10,099
    • weather.co $9,999
    • blackjack.co $6,000
    • healthcare.co $4,999
    • debt.co $3,900
    • card.co $3,555
    • map.co $3,056
    • store.co $2,855
    • holiday.co $2,850
    • legal.co $2,500
    • bets.co $1,700
    • accounting.co $1,610
    • gravy.co $1,002
    • gamble.co $1,000
    • cabs.co $1,000
    • survey.co $999
    • answer.co $999
    • venturecapital.co $999
    • ledge.co $800
    • rom.co EUR 500
    • abx.co $49
    • formulas.co $499
     
  21. gametube101

    gametube101 Established Member

    Posts:
    23
    Likes Received:
    8
    This is very useful, thank you, really appreciate it. Per this, 1500 is reasonable. Knowing the the name, I can only tell that buyer should it for perception/company value than the name metrics for sure.
     
  22. wwwulff

    wwwulff Active Member VIP

    Posts:
    1,555
    Likes Received:
    4,303
    The names above are probably sold to investors, but nevertheless they give a hint of what to expect for a good .co and if your name is an average name, then 1500 is probably not a bad price even if is to an enduser
     
    Last edited: Aug 9, 2018
  23. .X.

    .X. Always Buying Names VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

    Posts:
    6,631
    Likes Received:
    1,121
    They have excellent brokers, I would take the 1.5k , that is a nice happy medium for everyone involved
     
  24. gametube101

    gametube101 Established Member

    Posts:
    23
    Likes Received:
    8
    Agreed guys, I replied saying I agree to the offer of 1.5K. Let us hope the rest of the process goes as smoothly as well. I can not thank enough everyone that helped me in this process so far.

    I will give final update once the payment is done and the name is transferred.

    Thanks,
     

Want to reply or ask your own question?

It only takes a minute to sign up – and it's free!

Share This Page

Lysted
  1. NamePros uses cookies and similar technologies. By using this site, you are agreeing to our privacy policy, terms, and use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice
Loading...