IT.COM

Need full information on my web statistics

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Nayem Sheikh

Impact
Most of web statistics company gives us real time analysis of our log files. But they did not gives us detailed information to our visitor. But I like these ones:

-Coremetrics

-Omniture

-GoStats (I like it very much)

- WebTrends

Which one I should choose? Please inform me.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
are this ones better than google analytics?

•••
are this ones better than google analytics?
Not all of these but so far I know GoStats is better than GA.
But don't know about the others. That's why I posted here

•••
Google analytics is terrible. If you want to give away your data to kill your business, then go ahead. Google has really grown evil by taking business data and re-marketing to steal those customers away through their monopoly ad network doubleclick (the only ad network that you can advertise on nowadays).

Are you actually still using Google analytics on your site? If so, shame on you - you need to keep up with modern changes in technology. Plus you will have to start over when the anti-trust suits against google complete and they have to close google analytics because it's not profitable outside a monopoly...

•••
-GoStats (I like it very much)

Publicly shows data for web sites using it? WTF?

Omniture (owned by Adobe) has had its share of problems. Coremetrics is now part of IBM. Both are more enterprise-oriented and pricey. Same for WebTrends.

Clicky and Statcounter are other low-medium priced offerings you might want to check out. Statcounter lacks some important features, but Clicky is a very robust product.

patterns said:
Are you actually still using Google analytics on your site? If so, shame on you - you need to keep up with modern changes in technology.

Nonsense - nothing at all "shameful" in using GA. There are advantages to all the data they collect from various products, like being able to get demographic info about your visitors that surpasses the basic country/language data.

But if you're really afraid of Google (or other providers) seeing your data or shutting down the service, install Piwik - self hosted and free.

•••
+1 for Piwik, have had a few clients using it, we even had a presentation on it a while back. Its pretty user friendly, easy to learn, functional. One thing is that the results of some metrics are not entirely accurate but provided you use a couple of similar tools (GA and such) you can easily spot the difference.

•••
try histats.. i will also used histats for looking my statistics web. and i felt it is the best choice.

:D

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back