Dan.com

NameWorth scam?

NameSilo
Impact
Has anyone had experience with NameWorth?

I gave it a try because I wanted to see if it would help organize some names, the sign up was easy, the website works. The valuations are okay.

However, the owner or "staff" if there is any, are completely unresponsive. Keep in mind all their plans are billed monthly. However, there is NO option on the website to cancel any plan. No problem, you can just ask them to cancel, right? No. I reached out via their contact - no response. I reached out to @NameBuyer.com here - no response. I reached out via WHOIS - no response. This was in beginning of March! Luckily for me, I used a disposable credit card and I can't be billed again.

I see it being advertised here, so if anyone is considering trying it out - don't.

VadimK

Top Contributor
Impact
Welcome to the club. ))) I used to be a member of NameWorth back in the past, and it was always exactly how you described it.
The owner will get back to you eventually and frankly speaking - he is a very nice guy, his name is Garett. We chatted a few times, he gave me an opinion on a few names of mine. He is definitely a very experienced domainer himself. But yeah, let's put it mildly - customer service on NameWorth and Biix.com is quite on the bottom on the list of his priorities )))
Good luck! ))

Last edited:
Impact
Hi

billed monthly.... and domain renewal is yearly?

i'd be more responsive to my rpu's

also, it's not a scam since you already know about appraisal tools, right?

imo...
I put a question mark at the end of scam, because I wasn't sure if it was just my experience and if they are purposively not responding to someone requesting how to cancel their service.

Impact
I put a question mark at the end of scam, because I wasn't sure if it was just my experience and if they are purposively not responding to someone requesting how to cancel their service.
Hi

since i assume the site is still working and you can get the queries that you paid for.
maybe another adjective, like "unresponsive",

peeped around and they don't have a TOS on the site that i can see without becoming a user.

imo...

Most customers cancel their membership via Paypal directly. This inquiry, as well as all other financial related inquires are fully taken care of regularly.

It isn't always taken care of immediately. But they have always been taken care of in a reasonable amount of time and fully.

Last edited:
Top down