Dynadot

Namesilo takes users domain

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Amar D

Established Member
Impact
Namesilo took users domain and redirected it to some founding platform.

Attachments

• E2890A87-381F-4781-A1C9-609711860C8B.png
    E2890A87-381F-4781-A1C9-609711860C8B.png
    614.6 KB · Views: 417
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
Personally speaking, I still think they're one of the best registrars around. I agree with most that has been said but at the end of they day, I just know my domains are safe with them.

Sure, their marketplace lacks functionality, good UX and what else. I 100% believe them when they say there's no malicious intent regarding the issues addressed. It's been like this for ages, it hasn't changed when ownership changed.

Every registrar has its pros and cons. A sucky auction platform isn't a deal breaker for me. Some of the best registrars have very weird rules in their TOS. I've learned to live with it over the years. They're not a powerful auction venue and shouldn't aspire to be one. Stick to the no BS rule and give our domains a comfy home. That's all I'm asking personally.

Thanks though to OP, @Recons.Com and @Grilled for bringing this to the attention of the mass! It's always a good thing to point out the good, bad and ugly aspects of registrars so people can make an educated decision for their go to registrar.

•••
"It would be even better if you proactively re-inspected practices if they match common practices and your own standards"

Agreed and we will get there - there are quite a few things on our list of items we still need to get through. It really does help when users can suggest where we are lacking and help us prioritize.

Last edited:
•••
Back