Dynadot

Namesilo or uniregistry

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I just moved all of my domains to uniregistry out from Moniker. Uniregistry has offered me the cheapest rates on renewal and registration thus far. Also they allow free private whois and don't have that stupid 60 day xfer lock most other registrars do. Also let me sort my names into different files/folders and have built in parking company/sales platform.

The cons I have thus far are it is fairly new and sometimes a bit buggy and user experience isn't the best. I had an issue changing ns for a parking company (forgot which one) and I had to get them manually approved, which sucked. Also you get this stuff called Topcoin with every purchase. I have no idea how to use it.

•••
NameSilo for me. Irrespective of price, their site and control panel is just so intuitive to use, very functional and they get the job done. Any support requests I've had have been dealt with in minutes sometimes, not hours.

Then again I don't ever hold hundreds or thousands of domains at one time so maybe that is why I'm less concerned regarding renewal cost. I prefer to pay the extra cents and have a proper registrar.

•••
•••
That's an ICANN rule, not a registrar rule. All registrars are suppose to abide by the 60 day lock. If that has changed please post the ICANN link showing the change. May you are talking about an Account Push being allowed. Many registrars will let you do a push also known as an account change.

https://www.icann.org/resources/pages/name-holder-faqs-2012-02-25-en

Maybe its just for making minor changes. I know every time I sneeze at Godaddy they lock my domains down for another 60 days. I don't have this problem at Uniregistry

•••
uniregistry, cause of price and topcoins :)

Cheers
Corey

•••
I'd go with NameSilo, their prices and customer service is excellent, and you get free privacy.

Plus they only charge 7.5% commission on marketplace sales :xf.wink:

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back