Dynadot

NamesCon – Lower Your Ticket Prices Please

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
“Are you going to NamesCon?”

That is the question now. Who is going? Yesterday, today and tomorrow. Is this the place to be? Well to tell you the truth, It is not a "for sure" anymore.

The question of who is going to NamesCon is really a big deal. With ticket prices being so high now, many people are unsure if they will attend. Do a lot of people want to pay the higher prices for tickets to attend NamesCon this year? No. Many are still on the fence and most likely will not attend. I believe the prices are being raised based on the past years successes at NamesCon.

Read more here...
http://domainnamesmatter.com/2019/01/namescon-lower-your-ticket-prices-please/

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
sold, assuming it can be transferrred for this year right

•••
•••
Agree that if they were more consistent with pricing timeline that would be helpful, and to focus on past attendees making sure they are in the loop on email specials. Also if they had an official rep here, who actually kept the community updated with the deals, that would be super. They do put on a great show though.

Last year the networking was the greatest part for me. Basically went to only a handful of sessions, and those were because had met or hung out with the speaker earlier in the event.

Sadly, also have a last minute conflict so have a ticket for sale, see For Sale Advertising section : smile :

•••
theres always been some promotional component in a speakers presentation, but its the "soul" of the conference as to how that balance is struck...

That session on "Secrets to triple your TM typo earnings" was a complete trainwreck. Obviously, the guy paid to have a stage for a half hour, but simply gave about a five minute pitch for a re-packaged 'protected parking' scheme with the usual smoke and mirrors about.

The thing is, this snake oil seller is a nobody from nowhere which he demonstrated to anyone who knew what was going on when he decided to take questions.

One of the people with questions was attorney Marc Trachtenberg who, among other things, is a former chair of the ICANN Intellectual Property Constituency, and he is a partner at Greenberg Traurig:
https://www.gtlaw.com/en/professionals/t/trachtenberg-marc-h . Anyone with any serious background in online brand protection would know who Marc is.

This guy, not so much. There was audible laughter in the room when Marc asked a question and this bumpkin started his answer with "You have to understand this from the brand owner's perspective..." and Marc chuckled "I think I understand that perspective."

Anyway, Page, as far as there being a "promotional component", that seems to be all there is. Have a gander at the front page for Namescon Europe:

https://namescon.com/europe/

Get ready for expert-led panel discussions, fireside chats with industry drivers, keynote talks with renowned thought leaders.

Well, hey, "keynote talks with renowned thought leaders" would be cool, but scroll down the page just a bit more and it becomes obvious under the "Platinum Sponsorship" package:

Speaking opportunity: 30 min Keynote

So, it's more like "keynote talks with anyone who drops 8000 euro".

The other amusing thing is that they have priced their "Gold" and "Silver" packages both at 5000 euro. I guess the "Silver" package is for people who insist on getting less value for the same price.

•••
well said, hey anyone see the post show but next years ticket , did i miss?

•••
I'm not sure what the question is, but I do wonder whether people understand that the speaking slots are paid-for advertisements. To present something as "keynote talks with renowned thought leaders" without pointing out that these may or may not be either "renowned" or influential - or at least pointing out which spots were paid-for - verges on deceptive advertising practices IMHO. I mean, people need to label their tweets as advertisements according to the Federal Trade Commission. Selling domainers what may be entirely dodgy propositions from nobodies as "renowned thought leaders" isn't the most honest thing in the world.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back