Dynadot

question NamesCon 2020 Live Auction | Live Streams?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Joakim

Top Member
Impact
I know there's been live streams provided previous years, with mixed quality I've read.

Is there anything this year? If so, I have not been able to find any information on it. Please share.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Considering nobody is really talking to much about it, even this thread is pretty dead, and the top 3 names made up the majority of the bids, with about 54% sell thru, I don't think it was a success at all. Nobody was even all that entertained, hopefully Godaddy takes it over 100%, and totally revamps it as right now the highlight of the show, has become really nobody cares about.

You had people ready to spend, and you couldn't get them to spend, they can turn around today and spend $100K on the open market, you have to give them an incentive, and reason to bid, nobody really cared to be honest.
Agree about the lack of interest but giving GoDaddy full control wouldn't be a good idea in my opinion. They'd likely manage to stuff it up completely. Though it couldn't get much worse now...

•••
•••
•••
•••
Thanks for the complete list @equity78.

I have not followed the auction very carefully, but it seems to me price-wise mixed results. Some names definitely went for a lot, considering that most buyers are domainers, I presume? Others seemed to me good deals. A lot of owners turned down high bids I would have accepted.

It seems to me that med (.org) was a good deal for buyer.
Same for recreation (.org).

Singl(.es) is a very nice and valuable domain hack. Price not so high hopefully someone can make a good profit.

I like the rides (.co) name a lot, ride sharing, amusement rides, vehicles and more.

A lot of solid bids were passed over. Not sure how to achieve it, but an auction with fewer Passed would help keep excitement better.

Just to show how innocent I am in modern world, I had no clue what sensimilla was until I Googled it :xf.eek:. When I first saw it I wondered how that in .club possibly made the auction. Now I know.

Icebergs at first surprised me, but the more I think about it, very nice word. Could work well for various tourism ventures around iceberg viewing, or a fantastic brand for a strategic consulting firm that helps businesses navigate the unseen parts of icebergs. Lots of great visual imagery to promote icebergs.

Interesting to see Asheville in the auction, given Rick's Meetup.

Seems rather few new extensions (only 2 I think?) or country codes (a .co, a .de, an .me and one .es) reached the live auction.

Thanks again for the reporting @equity78

Bob

Last edited:
•••
I wish it went for more... as i paid 3.5k for icebergs, after all the commissions, lost just about under a grand lol

A good steal imo for the buyer..

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back