Dynadot

discuss Names you dropped that got developed ...ouch

NameSilo
Watch

DomainBarracksRob

Top Member
Impact
So I thought this would make a good thread as this recently happen to me .

The name was a .tv with a high renewal...but a very good “one word”. I hesitated for too long and well ....did not renew it. Wish I had

The name is innovating.tv

Seems it’s doing something along the lines of what I saw it’s potential to be ...offering $500- $10,000 packages for “ customized tv selections “ ....interesting.

So did a I miss a enduser sale, we’re they watching the experie date ? I may never know , but my GUT told me to renew and I did not :( always trust your Gut instinct. It’s there for a reason.

Cheers,

Rob

Attachments

• 79D29763-33EE-4241-BC1E-CB2BC336CE4C.png
    79D29763-33EE-4241-BC1E-CB2BC336CE4C.png
    730.2 KB · Views: 58
Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Perhaps this name was registered before 2010 and legacy pricing, and that legacy pricing is now gone due to the domain dropping ?
It's far from sure that they would have made an offer to buy had the domain been renewed. No regrets.
The point is not to make no mistakes, but to be right most of the time :)

•••
So did a I miss a enduser sale, we’re they watching the experie date ? I may never know , but my GUT told me to renew and I did not :( always trust your Gut instinct. It’s there for a reason.
It happens. A lot. Your gut said to renew, but your head made the right decision. These names that expire and drop, in many cases, always have so many more "eyes" on them during that transition rather than when you were actually holding it. So I wouldn't feel too bad. Plus there's a healthy amount of folks out there who rather not have a name at all than taking the extra step to buying it from an investor.

Just don't check once you let them go, it only causes pain. Kind of like letting that bird fly back into the forest, after you've cared for it's broken wing..

•••
Perhaps this name was registered before 2010 and legacy pricing, and that legacy pricing is now gone due to the domain dropping ?
It's far from sure that they would have made an offer to buy had the domain been renewed. No regrets.
The point is not to make no mistakes, but to be right most of the time :)

Right you are , thanks :) honestly I don’t feel to bad, I’ve come a long way. Made a few xxxx sales and most importantly have been letting 95% of my “newbie “ hand regs drop ....ehhhh lol I laugh looking back at them now .

This name was was a close out steal ...oh well on to the next .

•••
not need regret, in most case, if u dont drop, they will try to find other alternative...

•••
It happens. A lot. Your gut said to renew, but your head made the right decision. These names that expire and drop, in many cases, always have so many more "eyes" on them during that transition rather than when you were actually holding it. So I wouldn't feel too bad. Plus there's a healthy amount of folks out there who rather not have a name at all than taking the extra step to buying it from an investor.

Just don't check once you let them go, it only causes pain. Kind of like letting that bird fly back into the forest, after you've cared for it's broken wing..

Great advice on not looking back , yet temptation is the devils calling haha ! Thanks

•••
It is a stupid keyword, and has no value unless it is .com. Let me use it in a sentence: I'm innovating something today. Does it make sense. No. I don't think its new owner would pay a premium for it. Your mistake was not dropping it, but registering it years ago.

•••
not need regret, in most case, if u dont drop, they will try to find other alternative...
Agree!
if you dont drop it, or you keep the domain and they dont want to pay you for your domain, they Will register another extensión, or add another extra Word to your domain to develop their site… this is one disadvantage of selling domain names, not all the end users or resellers are willing to pay $ 1 USD for your domain.

•••
It is a stupid keyword, and has no value unless it is .com. Let me use it in a sentence: I'm innovating something today. Does it make sense. No. I don't think its new owner would pay a premium for it. Your mistake was not dropping it, but registering it years ago.

Thanks, it’s was actually a GD Close out pickup I didn’t reg it, only held a year ..I only liked it with “TV”. At the time I saw it ad good name for multi TV channels/ entertainment as in news/technology that is always “ innovating”. ( a tech news site basically )

Last edited:
•••
BestInjury.com

Tried to transfer from Wild west (GD RESELLER) to Lcn. Lcn took long to transfer.

Plus has stupid rule that if not confirm on the Lcn side by domainers via email sent to domainer. Transfer won't start.

Why? Most registrars just do it if you don't respond. Does Lcn not like money?

Best part no auto refund for transfers that never happened. Up to you to realize it did not happen and ask for refund via ticket.

BestInjury.com developed.

•••
i think buyer know about it expiry date and waiting for dropping.

•••
Straight wordpress site, no big deal.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back