IT.COM

discuss Names / Media vs Brands / Int. - What is better for domain name marketplace?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Brands.International

MarekTop Member
Impact
As usually: every time after I purchase some good new gTLD name I am thinking what is better for my own marketplace.

So what is your opinion, what is better (more authoritative, etc) for my personal online marketplace:
is it current name
Brands . International
or the new name I purchases few days ago
Names . Media

PS : only those 2 names, and I do not consider any .com suggestions, as I deal purely with new gTLDs so it is logical my marketplace will operate on new gTLD as well!
Thank you :)

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I think both will work. Pretty much all nGTLD's are about branding. I think you can actually brand either of these domains to your domain marketplace. But I prefer the shorter name, Names.Media. Can I ask how much it cost you to buy? You can reply here or by PM.

•••
Names.Media. Can I ask how much it cost you to buy? You can reply here or by PM.

it was available for registration on Porkbun for $6.16 I didnt reg it because it has wrong grammar. i

Names / Media vs Brands / Int. - what is better for domain name marketplace?
Names.media is better than Brands / Int.

•••
I think both will work. Pretty much all nGTLD's are about branding. I think you can actually brand either of these domains to your domain marketplace. But I prefer the shorter name, Names.Media. Can I ask how much it cost you to buy? You can reply here or by PM.
Thanks friend, will pm you :)

•••
... I didnt reg it because it has wrong grammar. i

Names / media is better than Brands / Int.
I am very glad you did not get it, as this one you definitely should, imo...

Here the grammar is not wrong: everyone can check names / club website - this is the domain which .Club registry (and several other registries) recently chosen as their marketplace to sell their names. And .Club registry did not use name name / club, although they could use it easily (it is a domain which is in "reserved by registry status", so it is available for them, still they went for plural form).

So I guess when names / club is good enough for registries, names / media can be good enough for my personal marketplace :) Or not?

•••
I am very glad you did not get it, as this one you definitely should, imo...

Here the grammar is not wrong: everyone can check names / club website - this is the domain which .Club registry (and several other registries) recently chosen as their marketplace to sell their names. And .Club registry did not use name name / club, although they could use it easily (it is a domain which is in "reserved by registry status", so it is available for them, still they went for plural form).

So I guess when names / club is good enough for registries, names / media can be good enough for my personal marketplace :) Or not?
names.media is better than names.club ;)

.media is definitely better than .international

anyway good luck :)

•••
As usually: every time after I purchase some good new gTLD name I am thinking what is better for my own marketplace.

So what is your opinion, what is better (more authoritative, etc) for my personal online marketplace:
is it current name
Brands . International
or the new name I purchases few days ago
Names . Media

PS : only those 2 names, and I do not consider any .com suggestions, as I deal purely with new gTLDs so it is logical my marketplace will operate on new gTLD as well!
Thank you :)

I don't like "brands/international" simply because this domain is too long.

Names/Media - If you want to use it for your own marketplace to sell domains,
then there's nothing about media.

So, my friendly advice to you is to create a nice fully functional website,
media / news blog or something like this, only about new gTLD.

Names/Media - is perfectly suited to this!
...and then, you can add there your own domain market, on subdomains, on other pages, or even at the bottom of the home page.

More than a year ago, I was thinking of creating something like this on my domain New.Life
"New gTLD - New Life" but I changed my plans, since I will do other very big Internet projects.

Last edited:
•••
I don't like "brands/international" simply because this domain is too long.

Names/Media - If you want to use it for your own marketplace to sell domains,
then there's nothing about media.

So, my friendly advice to you is to create a nice fully functional website,
media / news blog or something like this, only about new gTLD.

Names/Media - is perfectly suited to this!
...and then, you can add there your own domain market, on subdomains, on other pages, or even at the bottom of the home page.

More than a year ago, I was thinking of creating something like this on my domain New.Life
"New gTLD - New Life" but I changed my plans, since I will do other very big Internet projects.
That is a very good suggestion, I am at the moment thinking in very similar lines about that.
Thank you! :)

•••
Brands International sounds better by a huge margin however the domain is long. I'll dm you an alternative to names.media.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back