IT.COM

discuss NamePros Two-factor authentication issue yesterday, general thought on 2FA here

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

LoveCatchyDomains

Daring to LiveTop Member
Impact
Did anyone have an issue yesterday with trying to log in to NamePros? I kept getting a message for two-factor authentication being required. When I tried putting in the request to trust the device for 30 days, I still had to keep logging into my email account in order to get the code to log in to here.

Also, any opinions and thoughts on 2FA here for NamePros security?

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I'm puzzled that nobody seemed to notice or have a problem with the two-factor authentication that NamePros seemed to be trying to implement? Did anyone see this?

•••
I haven't had an issue with the 2FA login on NamePros. I also check the trust this device for x amount of days (I'm guessing it's 30) when prompted. It hasn't asked me to reenter my email after that. OS-wise, I'm on Fedora 36. Browser-wise, I use Opera and Brave mostly, not sure if that has any impact.

•••
Thanks for the response. I see now that in account settings that there is an option for having 2FA login or to disable it. This is an interesting new feature.

•••
I think that feature is not new but its possible. If it is new its auto set to disabled.I logged in and retrieved the code yesterday . It happens now and then as opposed to a regular login.

•••
I think that feature is not new but its possible. If it is new its auto set to disabled.I logged in and retrieved the code yesterday . It happens now and then as opposed to a regular login.
Several days ago, for the first time for me, the 2FA was now being required. There were issues with the login repeatedly at that point. The next day, there was a NamePros website message about some data update issue. The matter appears to be now resolved. Not sure what had happened.
Thanks for clarifying that the 2FA is not a new feature. Perhaps they simply were updating some aspect of it.

•••
I got the request, code was emailed. I entered it, here we are. I am all for it, anything to make np safer and confirm identity of members to mods or higher up is 😎

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back