Dynadot

news NamePros November 2021 – A new website and more!

NameSilo
Watch

NamePros

NamePros.comEstablished Member
NamePros Staff
Impact
Welcome to the new NamePros in November!

Today marks the first step toward a lot of positive and exciting changes coming to NamePros. You'll notice that most of what you loved is still here, and we're working hard to bring back even more.

And that's only the beginning! We'll be bringing you regular updates, sometimes weekly, to add the features you've requested (please vote on features you want to see first!) and improve your experience.

Our mission is to build a thriving professional network around the best community – that's you! – where professionals can engage in civil discussions, ask questions, share advice, partner, transact, and succeed, all together.

We hope you'll have a look around, and let us know what you think!

All our best,

The NamePros Team

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Nice.. but the mobile version is confusingly bulky each post occupies 2/3 of the screen.

•••
Click on What's new - See all the new posts
Click on New posts - Don't see the new posts
It defaults to include an "Unread" filter.

You can remove the Unread filter:
Screen Shot 2021-11-02 at 7.22.34 AM.png

Then you'll see all of the results:

•••
Thanks for the upgrade.
Just the style (for both themes) like a bit outdated, for me.
Sorry to say.

•••
Old one was like Windows XP.

•••
Hmm. Not sure I really like the new design (so far). Maybe I will get used to it.

Brad

•••
•••
It took me 7 minutes to realize that Impact=Like

•••
•••
Login via FB was terminated

•••
The good thing is thread freezing.

•••
I personally liked better when ''Like'', ''Agree'' and other ''reaction'' buttons were right there under, and you don't have to call them from a ''Quick reply'' tab.

•••
Sorry to say... but this new theme is a bit more messy... :xf.confused: and more difficult to find things.
The old one was more structured and easier to find things at first glance.
If it works, don't touch it :xf.wink:
Anyway it's just my opinion :xf.smile:

•••
Old is Gold .
No option to switch to the old vesrion ?

Last edited:
•••
Missing some green touch in the design ... GLTA!

Last edited by a moderator:
•••
Given there are so many new threads per day, the way I used to navigate NamePros was to click on "Overview", and then look at the most popular daily, weekly and monthly threads. That doesn't seem to be possible anymore (or it has moved).

•••
Still getting use to it. Overall looks very sleek and CLEAN. I’m using dark mode as well. I images PFP and everything looks so much clearer on Mobile. I’ve not moved to desktop yet but will shortly .

Thanks Team! Very modern and I think will have a good impact.

•••
I like the new, modern look. Well done Namepros.

•••
Sorry to say... but this new theme is a bit more messy... :xf.confused: and more difficult to find things.
The old one was more structured and easier to find things at first glance.
If it works, don't touch it :xf.wink:
Anyway it's just my opinion :xf.smile:

Our old forum software was discontinued several years ago. We were maintaining it on our own during that time, but it significantly slowed the rate at which we were able to fix bugs and introduce new features. It also meant that maintaining security was increasingly time-consuming.

Old is Gold .
No option to switch to the old vesrion ?

The underlying software has been replaced, so there's no way to switch back to the old design. That design isn't compatible with the new software we're using.

•••
I personally liked better when ''Like'', ''Agree'' and other ''reaction'' buttons were right there under, and you don't have to call them from a ''Quick reply'' tab.
This is just the first version of it. The next version will be similar to before (more accessible). :)

Given there are so many new threads per day, the way I used to navigate NamePros was to click on "Overview", and then look at the most popular daily, weekly and monthly threads.
It moved to "What's new." It's been updated and has more options now.

Check it out:
There are options under "Filter" for it.

•••
Given there are so many new threads per day, the way I used to navigate NamePros was to click on "Overview", and then look at the most popular daily, weekly and monthly threads. That doesn't seem to be possible anymore (or it has moved).
under whats new tab then popular on drop down list

•••
This is just the first version of it. The next version will be similar to before (more accessible). :)

It moved to "What's new." It's been updated and has more options now.

Check it out:
There are options under "Filter" for it.

Thanks, I'll have to get used to the new system.

(sorry if I downvote posts by mistake --- getting used to the new buttons! I think + should be on the right, and - on the left; something should display when hovering over the buttons, to help us out)

Last edited:
•••
Swear for a minute I was confused on what month we were in and thought it was April Fools. This is quite the change but seems a shallow learning curve as I wade around.

Site has been modernized imo, looks clean. Nice job. Must admit am going to miss the old, but this does feel like a shake out of having our feet up too long.. :)

•••
Our old forum software was discontinued several years ago. We were maintaining it on our own during that time, but it significantly slowed the rate at which we were able to fix bugs and introduce new features. It also meant that maintaining security was increasingly time-consuming.
Then it was a necessary update. Security first! Anyway this is just the first release. With time and the feedback of NP members you can tune it to the point (y)
Congrats for your work maintaining the software of this amazing forum!

Last edited:
•••
Way to late in upgrading to xf2,

You guys had the perfect theme and xf1 running.
This theme is awful hard on the eyes.

Please do not use xf resource addon for the marketplace…

Last edited:
•••
It's good to see that NamePros is keeping up with the new security features and protocols, but I got to admit that it will take a while to get used to the new design.

Keep up the good job.

•••
Back