IT.COM

NamePros is giving away two FREE tickets to NamesCon 2017! Enter now!

NameSilo
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.

Michael

NameBio.comTop Member
NameBio.com
Impact
NamePros is excited to be giving away two tickets to NamesCon, the premier domain industry conference, valued at $799 each. The event is being held from January 22-25 at the Tropicana in Las Vegas and is a great opportunity to learn and network with the best and brightest in the industry.

Here's How to Enter to WIN

Download The Domain Game for free on iOS or Android and play, it's that simple! Each correct answer you give between now and December 29th gets you one raffle ticket into the random drawing. The more you play, and the better you play, the more chances you have to win. The drawing will be held on December 30th and winners will be announced here on NamePros.

The Domain Game shows you real-life domain sales, including the date and venue, and you guess the price range (three, four, five, or six figures). It is a great way to train your gut instincts on appraising domains and helps make you a better investor.

Important Notice

You must be registered within the game to win, otherwise we have no way to know who you are to give you the prize. Guest players are NOT eligible to win. No purchase necessary.

Good luck, we hope to see you at NamesCon!

Just for fun, feel free to post screenshots from the game in this thread of crazy sales you came across while playing, high streaks you got, etc. :)

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
Awesome stuff indeed! Kick @ss prize for sure...

•••
•••
•••
Superb idea! It's much easier to guess the magnitude of domain sales. This is fun!

•••
My screenshot

Attachments

• Screenshot_2016-12-25-00-31-38-739_mts.beecoded.domaingame.png
    Screenshot_2016-12-25-00-31-38-739_mts.beecoded.domaingame.png
    114.4 KB · Views: 61
•••
•••
Where is the raffle ticket leaderboard ?

•••
Where is the raffle ticket leaderboard ?

Thanks for sharing your screenshot! That one has gotten me a few times :)

We didn't have a raffle ticket leaderboard, but I like that idea so I made one. You can find it at the following link:

https://namebio.com/namescon

So now you can see how many raffle tickets you have earned so far, and where you stand in the group. At this point it is still very possible to give yourself a 50%+ chance of winning with a few hours of good play, and keep in mind we'll be drawing two times.

•••
So now you can see how many raffle tickets you have earned so far, and where you stand in the group. At this point it is still very possible to give yourself a 50%+ chance of winning with a few hours of good play, and keep in mind we'll be drawing two times.
Can you explain what's the correlation between raffle tickets and chance of winning?

•••
Jesus H! Is $799 the price just for an entry ticket or do you get other stuff for that cost? I assume it includes 3 nights in the hotel?

•••
Can you explain what's the correlation between raffle tickets and chance of winning?

Chance of winning = How many tickets you have / How many tickets were given out

So if you earned 1,000 tickets and there were 5,000 tickets given out, you'd have a 20% chance of winning. Although it's actually higher since we're doing two drawings.

Jesus H! Is $799 the price just for an entry ticket or do you get other stuff for that cost? I assume it includes 3 nights in the hotel?

It is just the ticket, although I believe right now they are on sale for $599. You can get them as low as $199 or $299 if you buy the ticket early, and it is $999 at the door, so the price is that high mostly because of how close to the show we are.

Doesn't include hotel or food, although they negotiated a discount rate with the Tropicana if you book from the NamesCon site. If I recall you get a swag bag in your room. I don't speak for NamesCon so you should double check anything I'm saying.

•••
I cant belive its that expensive! I genuinley thought it would be free. I wouldnt pay any more than 100 bucks to get into a convention. They price it out of reach for beginners who are the ones most likley to benefit from going.

•••
I cant belive its that expensive! I genuinley thought it would be free. I wouldnt pay any more than 100 bucks to get into a convention. They price it out of reach for beginners who are the ones most likley to benefit from going.
The TRAFFIC conference used to be $1,795+ for the ticket, although they had shrimp as big as your fist. TDC is cheaper now, mostly because NamesCon set the standard for affordable domain conferences.

Even if the ticket was free, hotel and flight would generally be $1k+ even if you're stateside, not cheap by most people's standards, but trust me the networking is priceless if you're serious about the business.

To put it in perspective, I'm flying 23 hours each way and paying full price to attend, and I have no doubt it'll be worth multiples of what I'm spending. I brought my wife last year who has no interest in domaining, so it was almost twice as expensive, but it was still worth it.

Play the game like crazy for the next week and you have a good chance of not paying for a ticket :)

•••
Yeah I can definatley see why people go. As you say, the networking is a must if your serious but I had always thought these conferneces were a great way for beginners to sample the industry before they decide if they want to get involved but at those prices its more for people already in deep and with deep pockets. There are a thousand other things id rather spend that amount of money on so I gues thats how I know Im not serious about domaining. That and the fact I live i the uk so would cost me about 10k all in lol.

•••
Yeah I can definatley see why people go. As you say, the networking is a must if your serious but I had always thought these conferneces were a great way for beginners to sample the industry before they decide if they want to get involved but at those prices its more for people already in deep and with deep pockets. There are a thousand other things id rather spend that amount of money on so I gues thats how I know Im not serious about domaining. That and the fact I live i the uk so would cost me about 10k all in lol.
I look at it a little differently I guess. If I was just getting a taste for the industry I probably wouldn't go almost at any price. But if I was making even just four-figures a year in the industry and I was hooked, I would rather re-invest in a good conference than two or three decent expired domains.

I'm an expat in Eastern Europe so I have to fly even further than you; the flight would be less than $1k and hotel is less than $600, food maybe $500. You can attend for way, way less than 10k even from the UK. Maybe you sell a few domains while there that covers your travel. Maybe you meet a guy that lets you broker a domain or partner on a development project. Maybe you meet a company rep who gives you a good deal on renewals or marketplace listing fees. Who knows, it is what you make of it. Even the panels could teach you a strategy that makes you thousands each year, every year, for decades.

At the very least you have a nice vacation in Vegas and walk away with a better understanding of the business. Not trying to sell you on conferences or anything, I only attended domain conferences for my day job until I ponied up for NamesCon last year, even though I've been in the industry for a decade. I don't get anything out of promoting NamesCon at all, and I'm an extreme introvert and not even really good at networking, but it was still worth it.

I was really impressed last year with my first NamesCon experience, there was a great mix of veterans and fresh blood, there was a borderline absurd number of people there, and the energy was awesome. At this point I wouldn't miss it except for a family emergency. If you're ever going to go to a conference this is the one to go to. You've been here a year and a half, I'm guessing you're hooked :)

•••
Roundtrip flight from London to Las Vegas on Norwegian in January is under $500.00.:glasses:

•••
I look at it a little differently I guess. If I was just getting a taste for the industry I probably wouldn't go almost at any price. But if I was making even just four-figures a year in the industry and I was hooked, I would rather re-invest in a good conference than two or three decent expired domains.

I'm an expat in Eastern Europe so I have to fly even further than you; the flight would be less than $1k and hotel is less than $600, food maybe $500. You can attend for way, way less than 10k even from the UK. Maybe you sell a few domains while there that covers your travel. Maybe you meet a guy that lets you broker a domain or partner on a development project. Maybe you meet a company rep who gives you a good deal on renewals or marketplace listing fees. Who knows, it is what you make of it. Even the panels could teach you a strategy that makes you thousands each year, every year, for decades.

At the very least you have a nice vacation in Vegas and walk away with a better understanding of the business. Not trying to sell you on conferences or anything, I only attended domain conferences for my day job until I ponied up for NamesCon last year, even though I've been in the industry for a decade. I don't get anything out of promoting NamesCon at all, and I'm an extreme introvert and not even really good at networking, but it was still worth it.

I was really impressed last year with my first NamesCon experience, there was a great mix of veterans and fresh blood, there was a borderline absurd number of people there, and the energy was awesome. At this point I wouldn't miss it except for a family emergency. If you're ever going to go to a conference this is the one to go to. You've been here a year and a half, I'm guessing you're hooked :)
Yeah I really enjoy talking to people about domains (mainly moaning about something) and thats why I come back here but I dont have enough time or monry to get too deep into the business and as you say I would have to be making enough proffit to warrant spending that amount on a conference but I can certainly understand why you and others would I guess. Maybe vegas is the right place to hold it as you can spend the money going and win by getting a sale or a contract.

•••
I don't see any big benefit on going. Maybe because i'm just the newbie. It's always good to be in the circle, but at this price ($800) it's expensive.

•••
•••
FYI, the AVN / Adult Video News "trade show" is Jan 20-23 in Vegas so maybe some can catch some of that before Namecon. :xf.cool:

•••
•••
LostSocks . com $17K? Really?

I guess everyone's looking for their lost socks.

•••
•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back