Unstoppable Domains
 25:02:30:36 

NamePros Environmental Thread does anyone care that Amazon Rain Forest is burning down to the ground

Labeled as debate in The Break Room, started by oldtimer, Aug 23, 2019

Replies:
Views:

1. oldtimer

oldtimer Do some good for humanity and the environment VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

Must Read:

Underestimating the Challenges of Avoiding a Ghastly Future

" Humanity is causing a rapid loss of biodiversity and, with it, Earth's ability to support complex life. But the mainstream is having difficulty grasping the magnitude of this loss, despite the steady erosion of the fabric of human civilization "

https://www.frontiersin.org/articles/10.3389/fcosc.2020.615419/full

Last edited: Jan 16, 2021
    The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  2. oldtimer

Just a thought:

With all the things that are going on right now that are occupying everyone's mind I am worried that the problems with the Environment are going to be neglected at the time that it's of great importance and urgency to take the right actions before this Planet goes past the point of no return.

Before the Pandemic and all these political and racial upheavals came around I felt that we were making some headways in creating awareness amongst the general population as at that time it seemed like the Global Warming and the Environmental issues were the main focal points at the United Nations, but now it seems like they have been pushed to the back burner for the time being.

Although there is currently some talks about reviving the Paris Accord Agreement, but in all honesty the time for having more conferences and giving more speeches has long past and now we have arrived at the point that taking immediate and concrete actions at the large scale is the only thing that can save this Good Old Earth.

GoodOldEarth.com / .org

GoodOleEarth.com/ .org

I recently registered these domains for bringing more attention back to the Environment and our Home Planet, which one you all think is better the one with "Old" or "Ole".

IMO

Last edited: Jan 18, 2021
  3. Cannuck

Cannuck 420 friendly VIP

I agree, the pandemic has been a major distraction, people are more concerned about personal safety at the moment. However, there may be a silver lining to follow: straying from the business as usual model. At least that is my hope.

GoodOldEarth (.org) is better IMO.

When you get set up (together with any concerned domainers), we can exchange backlinks to this webpage:

ProjectBluePlanet.com (under construction)

Cheers :beaver:

Last edited: Jan 18, 2021
  4. oldtimer

I have been wondering about how it is that we collectively as the Human Race with all our intelligence and knowhow seem not to be able to fully address and fix the many major problems and issues that the Humanity and our Home Planet are currently facing.

Whether it's the Pandemic, Global Warming, and all the Environmental Damage, or the issues with AI, Automation, and nano, genetic, and quantum engineering, or the political, religious, racial, and economical upheavals and turmoils that we have recently been experiencing or whether it's how we plan for all the natural and manmade disasters that could adversely affect the World it seems that the common denominator between the way that all these problems and issues are being addressed and handled right now is the fact that there is not enough cooperation, communication, planning, and preparedness at the Global level.

So far we have been spending a lot of time and energy talking about all these problems and issues, but unless if we can find an effective method of problem solving that can be applied across the board here we are going to waste even more time and energy on speeches and conferences going forward.

What happens when there are problems at a factory or large companies and organisations. I am sure that there is a systematic method that those problems are addressed and solved, so if we thought of this Planet as a big factory with the Human Race as its workers perhaps we could apply the same systematic methods to fix the problems and issues that Humanity and our Home Planet are facing.

So in short it might be best stop wasting so much time and energy talking about each individual problem or issue and try working on finding a systematic method that can address and fix all the problems and issues that the Humanity and our Home Planet are facing at the same time.

IMO

Want to reply or ask your own question?

It only takes a minute to sign up – and it's free!
NameWorth
  1. NamePros uses cookies and similar technologies. By using this site, you are agreeing to our privacy policy, terms, and use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice