NameSilo

NameJet, why people bidding on unreachable Reserve Range?

Labeled as discuss in Domain Expiration and Domain Drop Catching, started by TheBuyerz, Jul 28, 2021

Replies:
Views:

1. TheBuyerz

TheBuyerz Established Member

Hi all !

I've seen many domain names recently on NameJet that don't get sold on auction and each month they are rebroadcasted again for auction because of the minimum reserve that don't get reached.

If the minimum bid/reserve amount is not met, the auction will not be awarded to any bidder.

Example:
    Reserve Range: $50,001 - $100,000

That means if $100,000 as minimum doesn't exists, no one will win the domain in question (At the first place, I thought any amount between 50,001-100,00$ will be accepted - but finally not).

Some of domains I always see on NameJet:

scanfile.com
    fooddeal.com
    endg.com
    etc...

As most of buyers at NameJet are resellers IMO and if the domain don't reach the reserve price after the 10th time, it's probable that the domain asks more than his value at the eye of buyers.

Or is there a case where the seller decide to let it go under the reserve price when auction is ended?

Thank's all.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2021
    The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  2. Samer

Samer Top Contributor VIP

it’s NameJet,

i like Snap, their sister company more imo

Kudos to the sellers, but high reserves suck

Last edited: Jul 28, 2021
  3. D Haynes

D Haynes Top Contributor VIP

Unrealistic reserves are everywhere. Maybe they should charge to relist. First auction free but a fee thereafter.

4. Lord Antares

Lord Antares Top Contributor VIP

I've never ever understood this. Not even from the point of the sellers, but from the buyer's perspective.

You see the reserve range is 50k-100k then you bid 1500. And then you enter a bidding war with someone ending at 3k. Wtf?

5. TheBuyerz

TheBuyerz Established Member

One of the reasons that let me open this thread.

Agreed.

Want to reply or ask your own question?

It only takes a minute to sign up – and it's free!
Topics / Tags:
NameWorth
  1. NamePros uses cookies and similar technologies. By using this site, you are agreeing to our privacy policy, terms, and use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice