Dynadot

NameJet User "First" - Can't beat him!

NameSilo
Watch

Brand Consultants

Account Closed (Disallowed)
Impact
This person looks to be from China and just seems to win every auction that I'm interested in recently.

He bids up everything wayyy beyond re-seller prices. It's got to the point where I just can't win the auction because the price is too high for it to make sense.

It's always the alias "First"... I just want to lose an auction to someone else for once.

I believe he was the person that won VRVR.com for 40K as well.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I have seen him around on NJ as well.... he seems to have deep pockets!

•••
•••
proxy bid handle for chinese buyers

•••
With a name like that you can't really expect him (or them) to finish second now can you? lol

One of the hardest things in domaining is knowing when to say no ... because sometimes damn auctions can leave you regrets the next day!

Anyhow .. let's get this topic back on topic .. what are the domains he's (they're) buying? Strictly "liquid" type domains like 3L, 4L in CVCV, and up to 5L?

Any real word domains at all?

•••
With a name like that you can't really expect him (or them) to finish second now can you? lol

One of the hardest things in domaining is knowing when to say no ... because sometimes damn auctions can leave you regrets the next day!

Anyhow .. let's get this topic back on topic .. what are the domains he's (they're) buying? Strictly "liquid" type domains like 3L, 4L in CVCV, and up to 5L?

Any real word domains at all?
I think they are primarily buying up liquid names.

I mean very heavily buying as well.

•••
I don't think First buys names mainly for himself but is the knowledge behind the system for those in China that want names off the list but don't know how to proceed in buying them successfully. I guess you could call him a middle man of sorts.

•••
They've been on there for years if I remember right. They were buying anything numerical a couple years back. If you have the money to buy the majority of a limited commodity it's a fairly sound strategy really. They might be paying over the odds now but when they own 90 percent of a certain type of domain they can charge what they like. I'm guessing that's the model anyway.

•••
I used to think the same thing as the OP but apparently first is a handle for an auction house in China. So it could be any bidder using that platform.

•••
I used to think the same thing as the OP but apparently first is a handle for an auction house in China. So it could be any bidder using that platform.
This would make sense.

•••
Ooooohhhh yeah that sounds about right.

•••
... but when they own 90 percent of a certain type of domain they can charge what they like.

Theoretically that's what they might be thinking .. but who the heck are the end users for 4N and up numerics? I can see the very occasional 4N .. but to end users only interested in a specific number .. I don't see any potential end user that's looking for a particular 4N that would turn around and get a different one if the first one wasn't available or was too expensive. Which means it's not really a "class" where the standard supply/demand model comes into play.

With numerics being so important in China maybe there still is value in a good portion of 4N .. but 5N's are ridiculous ... ironically I would have thought the USA would have been more likely to covet 5N because of their zipcodes .. but at the end of the day each zip code represents on average 3000 americans .. that being said .. I was sure that at one point a big conglomorate would grab them up and offer automated search results for local deals etc etc

•••
I just want to lose an auction to someone else for once.

I've beaten first at auction ;)

I paid way 'too much' at the time at high $xxx, but now the domain is worth low-mid $xxxx so I'm good by it ;)

Keep your eye on the prize!

•••
•••
First and also Second are definitely loaded. But they have a limit to their top price. So if you really like something. Just keep increasing your offer slowly. Someone will give up.. :)

•••
The only way you can beat "First" is when he goes to pee during the final two minutes of the auction:xf.laugh:

•••
The only way you can beat "First" is when he goes to pee during the final two minutes of the auction:xf.laugh:

i think the only way to beat him is to overpay for a crappy .cc domain!

•••
i don't mind paying up for a domain, I hope we don't have another halvarez situation.

•••
First is a legitimate buyer - acts on behalf of clients of jinmi.com.

•••
Def legit; his made of group of bidders; paid top dollar for my LLLL.com chips in the past along with my 6N.com when these were at its peak. :)

•••
•••
•••
First is a legitimate buyer - acts on behalf of clients of jinmi.com.

Do you know if bidder first aka Hu Weisheng bids on behalf of other sites? ...or just Jinmi.com?

Per this WIPO dispute HERE it includes both Hu Weisheng and Lirong Shi of Juming.com.

Can you confirm the bidder alias used by Lirong Shi?

Last edited:
•••
Do you know if bidder first aka Hu Weisheng bids on behalf of other sites? ...or just Jinmi.com?

Per this WIPO dispute HERE it includes both Hu Weisheng and Lirong Shi of Juming.com.

Can you confirm the bidder alias used by Lirong Shi?

I don't know of any connection between the two. Although based on the WHOIS for the two sites, they are in the same city and have the same postal code.

The only information I had was the connection between Jinmi and First

•••
The user first won one of my domains i was selling a few days ago and they still havnt paid yet, lol

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back