IT.COM

Namecheap locked my account until 2099 for someone repeatedly trying to Login??? WTH

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.

UD

Account Closed
Impact
Unable to login
For security reasons, this account has been locked due to too many failed login tries. The user name will be enabled after 12/12/2099 EST. If you think this is an error please email us using the same email address currently on your account to have your account enabled.

This is NOT cool.. I have a domain in there with a 50k offer on it... I also have a domain to push in there that was won in the auction to HBK

Over 20 names in total!!

They also refunded paypal out of my account and my balance at Namecheap is -46.99 ?

What is wrong with your system.. and When is my account fixed?..

No telephone persons available on weekends?

Cmon guys I've praised you over and over and over again.. only to get this?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Nope says my account is closed.. Im assuming then they've stolen my domains.

Registrant Contact:
Urban Data LTD
Chelsie Murphy ([email protected])

I'll be contacting my lawyers today.

This is on domains already paid for.

Last edited:
•••
Stop assuming & keep hammering the phones!

•••
B33R said:
Interesting...

So it was too much for you to write an email on whatever day this happened, obviously before the weekend so you had fraud staff available, saying "Paypal chargeback. Account frozen - contact us..."

She would've contacted you on the day, explained the situation, you'd be better off, she'd be better off and this thread would never exist.

Sure, it's all her fault for not being able to spot a scammer.
She's in business just like you are, so the same must apply to you then? No, I thought not, you're not expected to be able to spot a scammer a mile off as this quote states: "We deal with so much fraud and incur heavy losses due to fraud..."

So it's all UD's fault, even though she didn't even know there was a chargeback on her account, do you think she's some kind of psychic mind reader?

This whole mess could've been avoided. She could've either paid by credit card or have another NC customer (ie. me) pay for her - I presume I'm in good standing with you, having been a customer for 7 months and having bought plenty of domains with you.

You are equally at fault as much as she is, simply because you didn't let her know there was a problem. Customer service is an important part of business.
This was an extremely good point made that NameCheap should read carefully. Although I'm not in this argument I would indeed like to see NameCheap's customer service improve.

I've never had a problem with them, and I like them, but support is a must. Any way to improve support for a customer is a suggestion or piece of advice worth looking into.

•••
I've just fired them an email.. I'm real curious on thier reply and response time.

•••
UD-

Word of the wise. The first thing your lawyers are going to tell you (if they are any good), is to shutup and not post anything else on this thread (or for that matter, anywhere that is in the public domain).

•••
1:59 PM -8:00 GMT The request was sent..

•••
UD said:
1:59 PM -8:00 GMT The request was sent..
I'm sorry, but I just had to say this...
I find it SO ironic that this happened to you and you own the domain Screwed.us :lol:

•••
fonzie_007 said:
UD-

Word of the wise. The first thing your lawyers are going to tell you (if they are any good), is to shutup and not post anything else on this thread (or for that matter, anywhere that is in the public domain).

Agreed.. And the next thing they'll ask for is proof that your sale was going to be for 50K at which point they'll tell you to stop wasting your own/their time

You do realize that decent lawyers (civil,IP and otherwise) charge $200-$300 an hr MIN.. I hope the seized names were worth several K if you're going to bother contacting your attorney

•••
Just throwing this out there... what if the person who offered $50k for the domain just joking around or never had the money? If donlee and some others who heard the domain say it isn't worth over $100, maybe they have reason?

•••
ok - well since yall mentioned my name - i will step out of the corner for a moment

uhm....isnt it obvious guys -- she has no intention of contacting them directly - as was from the very FIRST post -- she just wants to bash them publicly

::ducks UDs incoming insult about harassment/learning keyboards::

Isnt it also obvious - since it took several days to bring the account from 40 bucks, and then still huffed about the $21 still owed -- $160 is not possible for her to pay (and of course there was no 50k sale- this thread would have never started if it did)

Isnt it obvious she WONT call an attorney -- all u have to do is look up all the threads and see in 6 months - how often she has been a "victim" from DNF drama to the wicked innovations "scam" - to Go daddy - to her site being "hacked" and how often lawsuits are mentioned in "chat'

as one member said to me - she does seem to have a lot of "bad luck" - i do not believe in luck.

Sure bad things happen - but thats life. Where will you go when you have a problem with escrow? to moneybookers? and when u have a problem with them, then where? stormpay?

there are only so many places to go ya know.

Does paypal suck? only if you have unrealistic expectations - I have had my share of issues with them - but i keep them, along with a real merchant account - i also take cash and wire transfers if anyone wants to send me money :)

Everyone here has tried to help - but instead she wants a public apology and someone else to foot the bill because

1) she never verified her paypal account
2) she didnt have enough money in her paypal account
3) she took a stolen cc paypal payment
4) she knew she had an issue with paypal funds and didnt notify others she had paid of a potential problem (has anyone read page ONE where RJ called this out due to the domain named ironcally "hacked.cc"?)
5) she claims to call customer service (I dont see a number listed on name cheap: http://www.namecheap.com/contact.asp what number is she calling?) and send emails, yet she spend every minute on THIS THREAD
6) She had no problem taking HER TIME paying money that was owed for domains registered -even when a goodwill attempt was made to restore her account (page 3)
7) She insulted the CEO up to calling him a liar and expects him to reply to DEMANDS to handle this on a public forum
8) she expects Name cheap to reopen her account and PAY for REDEMPTION of HER lost domain
9) she expects NC to take her seriously

i think those are ALL unrealistic expectations, which means disappointment is inevitable.

oh yeah - someone offered to pay the $160 for you, in exchange for a piece of the 50k sale -- why wasnt that taken up?

I think it might be because that would show there was no 50k sale - and there would be no more U.nmerited D.rama attached to Namecheap

<<<<goes back to the corner waiting to watch another TWO pages of drama unfold in the next 24 hours

•••
5) she claims to call customer service (I dont see a number listed on name cheap: http://www.namecheap.com/contact.asp what number is she calling?) and send emails, yet she spend every minute on THIS THREAD

they have it in whois.

http://www.urbandata.com/domains.gif

Also I sold her Myhumps.net (although I have not been paid yet, I understand if she has problems, they should be worked out)

Last edited:
•••
Mr. Deleted said:

they have it in whois.

http://www.urbandata.com/domains.gif

Also I sold her Myhumps.net

riiigghhhtttt..... soooo, i guess as they said in beauty and the beast....Im just crazy ol maurice, BUT if a companies CONTACT and SUPPORT page DO NOT list a phone number, and you have to go to whois to find it, why is it strange if its just voicemail and not checked regularly??????

The number in whois is not a listing for "customer support" its for domain administration of THAT DOMAIN!

But thats just my crazy mind...i guess its best to take the stalker method, and if a company doesnt put the info you want on their support page, make your own.

Maybe she should sit outside his office address listed in whois?? Bet THAT would get some attention!

i see the infamous mmvj is still there -- oh wait, but thats drama from the past, she only allows us to bring up current drama - sorry.

•••
lol I have called them a few times useing that number, and got a vm too, I wish I had a real support number for them too, but I was just pointing out that that may be what she was useing, cause you asked.

Joe

•••
HuskyDomains said:
Agreed.. And the next thing they'll ask for is proof that your sale was going to be for 50K at which point they'll tell you to stop wasting your own/their time

You do realize that decent lawyers (civil,IP and otherwise) charge $200-$300 an hr MIN.. I hope the seized names were worth several K if you're going to bother contacting your attorney

You don't think I know this and pay my lawyer 400 CAD per hour?
Also several of them are good PPC Earners and worth that easily.

Also to the comment about the domain?.. Celebrity related and that's all I will disclose

igrowyourbiz.com said:
ok - well since yall mentioned my name - i will step out of the corner for a moment

uhm....isnt it obvious guys -- she has no intention of contacting them directly - as was from the very FIRST post -- she just wants to bash them publicly

I already attempted

::ducks UDs incoming insult about harassment/learning keyboards::

Isnt it also obvious - since it took several days to bring the account from 40 bucks, and then still huffed about the $21 still owed -- $160 is not possible for her to pay (and of course there was no 50k sale- this thread would have never started if it did)
It's about principle and ethics

Isnt it obvious she WONT call an attorney -- all u have to do is look up all the threads and see in 6 months - how often she has been a "victim" from DNF drama to the wicked innovations "scam" - to Go daddy - to her site being "hacked" and how often lawsuits are mentioned in "chat'
wicked innovations? You're not super observant are you? I've had no dealings with them

as one member said to me - she does seem to have a lot of "bad luck" - i do not believe in luck.

I believe in Karma not luck

Sure bad things happen - but thats life. Where will you go when you have a problem with escrow? to moneybookers? and when u have a problem with them, then where? stormpay?
Escrow treats me well because they "VALUE" my business and as a potential long term customer

there are only so many places to go ya know.

Does paypal suck? only if you have unrealistic expectations - I have had my share of issues with them - but i keep them, along with a real merchant account - i also take cash and wire transfers if anyone wants to send me money :)

www.paypalsucks.com

Everyone here has tried to help - but instead she wants a public apology and someone else to foot the bill because

1) she never verified her paypal account
Was in the process until hacked.cc had the account Limited
2) she didnt have enough money in her paypal account
Over 1800 "GOOD" dollars are being held up while they investigate - go figure
3) she took a stolen cc paypal payment
No paypal accepted without verifying the card and credited my account and then held all funds and yanked payments back I had already made over 100.00 measley dollars
4) she knew she had an issue with paypal funds and didnt notify others she had paid of a potential problem (has anyone read page ONE where RJ called this out due to the domain named ironcally "hacked.cc"?)
Every other payments has been covered including NP staff Scott, NZB Designs and others.
I'm not going to give you the number if you're not bright enough to find it
6) She had no problem taking HER TIME paying money that was owed for domains registered -even when a goodwill attempt was made to restore her account (page 3)
Good will is trying to make you pay for domains that they knew weredeleted?
7) She insulted the CEO up to calling him a liar and expects him to reply to DEMANDS to handle this on a public forum
I exposed a bad system.. and yes he did lie.. The names were pushed into the account already of cvxdes and in his name and he will verify they were there and then yanked back from his account where namecheap said the account was froze BEFORE the push yet screenshots and CVXDES will tell you different. Why is he afraid to comment now? He certainly was reading earlier

8) she expects Name cheap to reopen her account and PAY for REDEMPTION of HER lost domain
Had they had customer service to start with none of this would even be happening and I wouldn't have lost numerous valuable domains. Thier treatment of customers is horrid. I note this on many different forum systems and complaints throughout google
9) she expects NC to take her seriously
They should - I have enough internet know how to take it to them over this and actually get these complaints seen and thier practices questioned.

i think those are ALL unrealistic expectations, which means disappointment is inevitable.

oh yeah - someone offered to pay the $160 for you, in exchange for a piece of the 50k sale -- why wasnt that taken up?
I never saw that part and again this is about principle

I think it might be because that would show there was no 50k sale - and there would be no more U.nmerited D.rama attached to Namecheap
Are you accusing me of lying about a sale I am in negotiations about with no proof at all?

<<<<goes back to the corner waiting to watch another TWO pages of drama unfold in the next 24 hours

I think you need to go back to your corner and remove your fingers from your keyboard period

Oh and for the record that email I sent 3 hours ago to [email protected] still has no reply to it

Last edited:
•••
I'm not gonna take any sides here as I don't get into he said she said but offer some friendly advice. I think most of the blame lies with accepting PayPal from a buyer you did not know, the sexual comments made by him and the hurried manner in which he keeps saying push the domain should have been warning signs to back out of this and discontinue conversations with him and abort the transaction, the only way to accept PayPal with an unknown buyer is to sit on his payment until the chargeback period expires so you know the funds are secure, if not willing to wait that long escrow should be used, never talk about a transaction until it is a done deal, I personally know the domain name and so do at least 10-20 people I am sure which is never a good thing if the offer was legit, I think it is good that the owner of NC did at least respond to this thread as many other owners would not, should be a notification when fraud is encountered either by phone or email and I'll leave it at that as I can't be 100% positive of everything that happened as it did not involve me, I'm sorry things have not been going your way lately but the saying that "all publicity is good publicity" unfortunately is not true. If I am a newbie coming to namepros I would see the recent threads surrounding UrbanData regarding paypal, godaddy, namecheap within the last week as negative, my thoughts would be if UrbanData has problems on their own transactions why would I list any of my own domains there for sale. So I guess the paypal lesson was learned and won't happen again but the current negative publicity is damaging, I do buy and sell domain names for a small but financially solid group of personal investors and I handle every aspect of the transactions from domain push or transfer to escrow payments otherwise known as a full service broker, in completing transactions for my list of clients I need to have paypal, escrow and domain accounts at all of the common registrars as my clients have money but do not have the time to be bothered with the technical end, this is where most of my money is made and above the standard 10% due to the full service on my end, also the reason my own sales have been slacking because I am busy making money on their transactions and when they need something they come back to me automatically and refer friends as they know the service is good and all transactions are not publicly displayed so they can keep their business under the radar of sorts so my list of buyers is growing nicely, reason for bringing what I do up is just to say that I need all of my own accounts at the different registrars in order to handle 100% of everything on my end, a few too many negative public displays against companies and you will find yourself without accounts at certain places making it hard for you to become a true full service broker or you will have to rely on a friend to handle things for you if you have been banned from a certain registrar, but as we all know if you need things done right you will need to do them yourself, A 50k offer and a 50k sale are 2 different things, if you are sure it is a done deal then pay the fee and sell it. I think you are a good person UD with drive, just be careful with the comments and threats you make public as it looks negative to some unless you are ready to proceed with a lawyer and if that is the case you would probably be advised to halt the conversation in a public forum. Good Luck in resolving this issue. :)

•••
I will be moving myself from this conversation now "AS" advised by my laywer's office for an entirely new reason and something Richard and his staff have done. I won't disclose the issue but it's really bad and I hope none of you ever have them do this to you.

And no they haven't sued me. My lawyers office wants to sue them.
This is something really over the top

Chelsie

I'll ask staff to remove this thread as it's all documented and served it's purpose. It wouldn't do much use now except warn others and I'm sure enough people know already.

Last edited:
•••
well sue them and be done with it, for someone who can't pay 160 for a domain that is supposedly sold for 50k, yet you throw around these 400CAD per hour lawyers you claim to have quite often. You will find that only kids and inexperience business people are scared of that kind of stupid talk. I hate to say it but one of these days one of these people are going to take you up on your legal claims and it will likely cost you dearly.

•••
UD said:
I will be moving myself from this conversation now "AS" advised by my laywer's office for an entirely new reason and something Richard and his staff have done. I won't disclose the issue but it's really bad and I hope none of you ever have them do this to you.

And no they haven't sued me. My lawyers office wants to sue them.
This is something really over the top

Chelsie
u didnt have 50 to bring a namecheap account current

you didnt have 21 to keep it current

you dont have 160 to restore a 50,000 domain

in chat last week no money to pay for coding upgrades to urban data or to pay for advertising because the site was JUST finally starting to pay for itself

but now u have $400 cad/hr attorneys? o.O

who needs TNTNetwork -- THIS IS REAL ENTERTAINMENT!

•••
donlee said:
well sue them and be done with it, for someone who can't pay 160 for a domain that is supposedly sold for 50k, yet you throw around these 400CAD per hour lawyers you claim to have quite often. You will find that only kids and inexperience business people are scared of that kind of stupid talk. I hate to say it but one of these days one of these people are going to take you up on your legal claims and it will likely cost you dearly.
*applauds*

For real UD, it's going to happen. I'd suggest you keep your mouth shut and walk away from now on. :)

Oh and by the way, I found out what your domain was...and there's no way you had a $50,000 offer on it considering the .com version of the domain could take you for copyright/trademark infringement.

Last edited by a moderator:
•••
in another thread - and in several pms that there are screenshots floating around - she claims to be in the city miss anderson lee rock is from - and her mom hooked her up with pams mom, and pam wants it - for 50k

at least that was the story before she LOST the domain

•••
i dont think you have a hope of winning any lawsuit. what would you sue for?

please let us know how it goes. my advice would be move on and learn from it.

its gonna cost you plenty otherwise.

can you ask your lawyer if "zune" is a trademark of microsoft whilst your there :hehe:

•••
I was hoping we could all discuss this civilly and try to resolve the issue.

But since this is quickly turning into a public bash session all the way around, I'm going to go ahead and close it up. PM me if there is a good reason for reopening.

RJ

•••
But - It was just getting good :guilty:

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back