Dynadot

Namecheap locked my account until 2099 for someone repeatedly trying to Login??? WTH

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.

UD

Account Closed
Impact
Unable to login
For security reasons, this account has been locked due to too many failed login tries. The user name will be enabled after 12/12/2099 EST. If you think this is an error please email us using the same email address currently on your account to have your account enabled.

This is NOT cool.. I have a domain in there with a 50k offer on it... I also have a domain to push in there that was won in the auction to HBK

Over 20 names in total!!

They also refunded paypal out of my account and my balance at Namecheap is -46.99 ?

What is wrong with your system.. and When is my account fixed?..

No telephone persons available on weekends?

Cmon guys I've praised you over and over and over again.. only to get this?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
enetwork said:
The domains were deleted right within the 5 day grace period, in fact at the last possible moment on friday afternoon.
Interesting...

So it was too much for you to write an email on whatever day this happened, obviously before the weekend so you had fraud staff available, saying "Paypal chargeback. Account frozen - contact us..."

She would've contacted you on the day, explained the situation, you'd be better off, she'd be better off and this thread would never exist.

Sure, it's all her fault for not being able to spot a scammer.
She's in business just like you are, so the same must apply to you then? No, I thought not, you're not expected to be able to spot a scammer a mile off as this quote states: "We deal with so much fraud and incur heavy losses due to fraud..."

So it's all UD's fault, even though she didn't even know there was a chargeback on her account, do you think she's some kind of psychic mind reader?

This whole mess could've been avoided. She could've either paid by credit card or have another NC customer (ie. me) pay for her - I presume I'm in good standing with you, having been a customer for 7 months and having bought plenty of domains with you.

You are equally at fault as much as she is, simply because you didn't let her know there was a problem. Customer service is an important part of business.

•••
enetwork said:
The domains were deleted right within the 5 day grace period, in fact at the last possible moment on friday afternoon. If they were beyond that, we would not have deleted them as there would be no point to delete them as the funds were unrecoverable.

It's just as I suspected. Thanks.

UD said:
Ever hear the saying customer is right?

You absolutely positively believe that after saying this?

UD said:
I deal with fraud too

Then you know how difficult that can be. So do you still believe in that?

Look, I sympathize with what befell you. But nothing more can really be done,
and I honestly believe NC reasonably took action based on what occurred.

It's your choice what you want to happen next. And I wish you good luck on
that.

B33R said:
She could've either paid by credit card or have another NC customer (ie. me) pay for her

But didn't do either. While you have the choice to pay with whatever you can,
you do realize you're at paypal's mercy if you use them to pay for something?

Last edited:
•••
UD said:
Friday afternoon?..
Do you not clearly state in this thread earlier the account was unlocked so I could add funds alternate means?.. and please pay up asap?..

And I was paying for what? Domains that were deleted Friday which no one even told me about? (Cmon .. not even a single email to alert me ) .. I have NEVER not paid for a domain before.. If you note my trader rating here.. and the fact I own about 600 domains it might tell you something.. I deal with fraud too.. We all do.. but do I not communicate with people and just go ahead and do something like that prior? no.

I think there is a serious flaw in your system if it doesnt send an alert about a pending delete or a chargeback.

Who's fault is this really?..Sure Paypal... but what it's done is pointed out a major flaw in your system at the expence of loss of my assetts..

When I register domains somewhere I would expect my assetts to be protected. and at least notified if there was an issue.. Don't pull the "We are too busy to assist everyone crap"

Why? Because I have Alot of customers too.. and I still find time to handle and communicate regardless.

You don't even have phone support.. Everytime I tried to call it said "Out of the office"

During normal business hours?

ouch

I did state that the account was unlocked and asked you to pay only because I was going out of my way and providing you fraud support during the weekend when normally fraud support is provided only monday thru friday. That being said, I was not aware of all the details of your case. If you wish to blame me for this and for helping you on a Sunday, go right ahead.

You may own 600 domains but you only own a few with our company. Your account was examined before we took this action and the fact of the matter is that most of your domains have been registered within the last 30 days.

Our support responded to your email on Sunday quickly and not the 12 hours like you claimed in your earlier post. Let's keep the facts straight.

The best way to get a hold of us is via email. If you call our support number and no one answers you need to leave a detailed message and a return phone number.

Regardless, this is my last post on this board on this matter. If you need any other help or have other questions. Please feel free to email our support. Someone will get back to you quickly.

Last edited:
•••
I'll leave it as my case is stated, My point is made. NC api is good.. no disputing that.. It does however need a better alert system and more technical support staff. It also needs Instant NOTIFICATIONS for issues in place. If you don't alert a customer of an issue how is it ever supposed to be resolved. Simply deleting a customers valuable domains at the drop of a hat without ever mentioning it to them is a real piss off. I'm not sure what's going to happen yet If my backorder isn't successful.. I'll leave it at that for now.
I'm simply stating facts.. You deleted the domains without even contacting the customer to collect payment or even notify them of a returned payment.
I may seek advice on the legalities of this if necessary. It appears NC although can't be blamed for the chargeback seems to hold no responsibility to the fact that they can't even be bothered to contact the customer to collect the funds or even notify them they are owing before simply dumping the domains. I don't even have to state the obvious in this thread anymore. You've clearly done that for me Richard. If you think you were much "Help" I'd say not. A 50k deal is a big deal for me. I'll be considering transfering my domains out of namecheap in the near future pending my backorder.

Last edited:
•••
UD said:
If you don't alert a customer of an issue how is it ever supposed to be resolved.

But they did, remember?

For security reasons, this account has been locked due to too many failed login tries. The user name will be enabled after 12/12/2099 EST. If you think this is an error please email us using the same email address currently on your account to have your account enabled.

They probably need to fix the 2099 thing, though.

•••
By the time I knew ANYTHING the domains were already gone.

I'm also curious how it's possible all other three domains are already released and two reregistered by other parties.. (execpt the one I managed to reregister at another registrar) Except the 50k domain?

Which is still delete pending..??

Registration Service Provided By: KLIK MEDIA GMBH

Domain Name: BLCKWOMEN.COM

Registrant:
n/a
Ilya Kusakin ()
177, Lenina st., apt. 77
Krasnoyarsk
null,555555
RU
Tel. +7.5555555555

Creation Date: 23-Jul-2006
Expiration Date: 23-Jul-2007

Website Title: hpchips.com - memory spot
Record Type: Domain Name

Server Data
Server Type: Apache
(Spry.com also uses Apache)
IP Address: 67.18.121.98
IP Location: - Texas - Dallas - Theplanet.com Internet Services Inc
Response Code: 200
Blacklist Status: Clear
SSL Cert: mm4.co.uk SSL is expired!
Website Status: Active
Reverse IP: 407 other sites hosted on this server

Registry Data
ICANN Registrar: BELGIUMDOMAINS, LLC
Created: 23-Jul-2006
Expires: 23-Jul-2007
Registrar Status: ACTIVE
Whois Server: whois.belgiumdomains.com
Name Server: DNS2.DNS-PARKING-SERVICE.COM

and lastly

The one in question (Already registered one back myself)

[whois.melbourneit.com]
Domain Name: (Removed).US
Domain ID: D10515923-US
Sponsoring Registrar: ENOM, INC.
Domain Status: pendingDelete
Registrant ID: E0EFAB0D09B868BA
Registrant Name: Chelsie Murphy
Registrant Organization: Urban Data LTD
Registrant Address1: P.O. Box 515 Station Main
Registrant City: Dawson Creek
Registrant State/Province: BC
Registrant Postal Code: V1G4H4
Registrant Country: Canada
Registrant Country Code: CA
Registrant Phone Number: +1.7788280183
Registrant Email: [email protected]
Registrant Application Purpose: P1
Registrant Nexus Category: C11
Administrative Contact ID: E0EFAB0D09B868BA
Administrative Contact Name: Chelsie Murphy
Administrative Contact Organization: Urban Data LTD

I'm making note of this as well. All 3 except the 50K domain were available for reg on the 23rd .. The 25th now and this one is still pending delete.

Interesting

Last edited:
•••
UD said:
By the time I knew ANYTHING the domains were already gone.

Ok, I said I wouldn't post again but I will to clear this up.

We received the chargeback notification at the very last minute which was the last day of the grace period and that afternoon. The fact of the matter is that the domains needed to be deleted right there and then otherwise they could not be deleted at all and we would have been stuck if it was fraud.

Nothing would have have prevented the domains from being deleted as it was a last minute decision.

•••
It does sound shady.

Take this as a lesson learned and move to another company soon as you get a chance.

•••
Ah so not even 5 minutes then to contact the customer I guess hey?

I'm done posting in here. I'll wait and see how the backorder goes and decide what to do further from there.

Goodnight.

Chelsie M

•••
psalzmann said:
It does sound shady.

Take this as a lesson learned and move to another company soon as you get a chance.

Sure, we are going to go out of our way and alienate our over 300,000 strong client base in order to register a few domains.

People monitor deleting domains 24/7. There is an entire industry dedicated to this.

•••

And likely less now.

I'd advise to leave my remaning domain account open so I can unlock and transfer in the next few days.

Last edited:
•••
enetwork said:
We received the chargeback notification at the very last minute which was the last day of the grace period and that afternoon. The fact of the matter is that the domains needed to be deleted right there and then otherwise they could not be deleted at all and we would have been stuck if it was fraud.

UD said:
Ah so not even 5 minutes then to contact the customer I guess hey?

Based on Richard's post, I guess things were pretty stiff that a quick decision
needed to be made to delete the domain name right away first. As in every
second counts.

BTW, unlike expired domain names that fall into redemption period after being
deleted due to non-payment, domain names deleted within the 5-day grace
period don't exactly have any "waiting period". It's a computer thing.

psalzmann said:
It does sound shady.

Deleting a domain name paid fraudulently? Shady?

The OP's going to do actually what you said.

•••
UD said:

And likely less now.

I'd advise to leave my remaning domain account open so I can unlock and transfer in the next few days.

No problem, it will remain open but you do need to take care of the remaining balance you owe today.

•••
remaining balance?..

I had a credit in the account prior to all of this crap..

I'm not sure you realize how this looks on your behalf.. You could have notified me prior and I'd have covered this.

There was no fraud.. paypal seized funds because of some moron with one stolen credit card. You could have mentioned it via your "amazing email support" and I'd have cleared it up within 5 minutes with alternate means. You deleted my domains instead.

Deadline's my ass. If you steal my remaining domains you'll hear from my attorney.

•••
UD said:
remaining balance?..

I had a credit in the account prior to all of this crap..

I'm not sure you realize how this looks on your behalf.. You could have notified me prior and I'd have covered this.

There was no fraud.. paypal seized funds because of some moron with one stolen credit card. You could have mentioned it via your "amazing email support" and I'd have cleared it up within 5 minutes with alternate means. You deleted my domains instead.

Deadline's my ass. If you steal my remaining domains you'll hear from my attorney.

Ok, let's be clear about this once more. We did not receive payment from paypal. It was charged back.

We deleted some of your domains but we did not not delete your .in domain that was included in the Paypal chargeback.

You owe $21 for this. This needs to be paid in full today otherwise we will be forced to lock your account again.

Last edited:
•••
double post

Last edited:
•••
Lets be clear.. My domains are unlocked and a transfer on its way already..

You haven't the authority to modify the locks.

I've paid for those domains..

I've also screenshotted the unlock status and date and time of the domain and transfers out.

If you attempt to stop my transfers you will find a lawsuit underway including the 50k domain.

•••
UD said:
Lets be clear.. My domains are unlocked and a transfer on its way already..

You haven't the authority to modify the locks.

I've paid for those domains..

I've also screenshotted the unlock status and date and time of the domain and transfers out.

If you attempt to stop my transfers you will find a lawsuit underway including the 50k domain.

UD,

I apologize but you have forced my hand in this matter. By threatening non payment I am hereby forced to lock your account and domains until you do so.

When you decide to set up payment, please email our support team.

•••
feel free to delete the .in it's worthless compared to the .us

That sets us at about 0.00

•••
UD has the right to be upset, but I think she is misplacing her angst in this case.

I'm not connected with Namecheap, but I do know Richard K. well, and I know that he's gone out of his way with this situation.

I told him originally to keep the account locked and charge the $200 chargeback fee.

To quote Goodfellas.

Business bad? *blank* you, pay me. Oh, you had a fire? *blank* you, pay me. Place got hit by lightning huh? *blank* you, pay me.

But . . . it was important for him to personally help his customer when he felt that they had been wronged by a third party.

I think this thread just proved my argument.

•••
A mod had better lock this thread. Potential legal issues cropping up.

•••
This is no small matter. I'm out well over 50k as it stands now. I will be in contact with Icann in the matter and enom as well.

oops.. i just accidently gave them all away to some random user... It will be like hitting the lottery I assume.

Now being that you can't touch another user's domains

oh my

I guess I don't own any more domains at namecheap
well except one.. go ahead and close my account

Looks like you already did..

Thank you.

Last edited:
•••
This thread is going back and fourth, it should have been closed many posts ago. This should be sent via PM's to eachother or actually use the companys tech email as it is supposed to not argue in a forum.

In the end it is paypals fualt, they did stuff like this to me before.

•••
PS if you touch that user you are breaking the law. I don't know them.. Simply donated to charity.

This thread is over.

•••
UD said:
PS if you touch that user you are breaking the law. I don't know them.. Simply donated to charity.

This thread is over.

Sorry, your push request was cancelled as your account was already locked. The only reason you were able to remain in the account to begin with was because you hadn't logged out.

This thread will be more than sufficient as a timeline in court.

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back