Dynadot

Namecheap Failed to Run Auctions!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

karamakate

Established Member
Impact
A few minutes ago, the Namecheap auction system completely crashed! No action could be taken in the last 6-7 minutes and a constant "Network error" message popped up.

namecheap.com/status-updates/archives/65010

I'm pretty tired and sleepy, yet I waited all these hours to get a few domains. However, it seems that they are incapable of even establishing a system that can handle a few people.

I corresponded with customer service and suggested restarting the last processes or extending the time a little longer.
However, they stated that they will only solve the infrastructure problem and that they will not do anything for the auctions that have ended. So the last bidders won before the system exploded. And they avoid being responsible for this injustice.

Extremely unfair and unprofessional approach!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Is there a Namecheap spokesperson on this forum?

•••
A few minutes ago, the Namecheap auction system completely crashed! No action could be taken in the last 6-7 minutes and a constant "Network error" message popped up.

I'm pretty tired and sleepy, yet I waited all these hours to get a few domains. However, it seems that they are incapable of even establishing a system that can handle a few people.

I corresponded with customer service and suggested restarting the last processes or extending the time a little longer.
However, they stated that they will only solve the infrastructure problem and that they will not do anything for the auctions that have ended. So the last bidders won before the system exploded. And they avoid being responsible for this injustice.

Hello!

My name is Ilyas, I'm a Product Manager at Namecheap. I'm sorry that you couldn't get the domains you wanted because of the unscheduled maintenance of our Domain Market, which is still in the Beta phase.

Currently, we are doing our best to reach out to the winners of the auctions and offer the domains they wanted. Please contact our Customer Support team (Domains Department) and tell us what domains names you wanted to get. Feel free to provide a link to this thread in order to add some context.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask me directly.
Best regards

•••
•••
Did you post the same thing on reddit? I believe we may have corresponded.

See above, as Ilya is legitimately from the team and is speaking in an authoritative context with respect to this issue. Thanks.

•••

It kinda starts freezing up "Daily" with 10 mins to go, you just gotta stay on your toes. Keep your eyes on 3-6 good picks and not worry too much if you don't get the ACE. Kings and Queens are fine. :.))

•••
Hello!

My name is Ilyas, I'm a Product Manager at Namecheap. I'm sorry that you couldn't get the domains you wanted because of the unscheduled maintenance of our Domain Market, which is still in the Beta phase.

Currently, we are doing our best to reach out to the winners of the auctions and offer the domains they wanted. Please contact our Customer Support team (Domains Department) and tell us what domains names you wanted to get. Feel free to provide a link to this thread in order to add some context.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask me directly.
Best regards
Well, I've already contacted the support team and they give a different answer each time. One says those failed auctions will be repeated, the other says no, they will not be repeated.
You don't even know what you're talking about!

On the evening of November 28, someone was able to buy valuable domains very cheaply. Because your infrastructure could not handle even the smallest load!
(nfts.digital) was sold for $6 because no one was able to bid at the last minute!

Also, there was no unplanned maintenance. Your system crashed and you screwed up.
You're not even brave enough to admit it.

•••
Did you post the same thing on reddit? I believe we may have corresponded.

See above, as Ilya is legitimately from the team and is speaking in an authoritative context with respect to this issue. Thanks.
No, I do not have a reddit account.

You even removed the status update link that I shared in my first message.
Quite a reliable move indeed!

•••
It kinda starts freezing up "Daily" with 10 mins to go, you just gotta stay on your toes. Keep your eyes on 3-6 good picks and not worry too much if you don't get the ACE. Kings and Queens are fine. :.))
Thanks for your suggestion.

But I'm looking for a proper solution, not a consolation prize.

•••
Back