Dynadot

advice NameCheap dropped My.pe after I paid for its transfer

NameSilo
Watch

Mr. Deleted

Slabaugh.com 800-266-2728Top Member
Impact
I bought MY.PE from a user on Flippa, and then in January I transferred it from Godaddy to NameCheap, and a few months later, I realized it was no longer in my control, so I contacted their support, only to be told that it was an "exceptional" mistake on their part, that they did not in fact fully transfer it, and just let it drop.

I did not want just any name, I wanted the MY.PE domain that I bought, and even with the return of the transfer fee, I am still out the cost of the domain that I bought.

50e8747dab7d49869ea1791de17459c6.png

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
maybe the new domain owner will have a heart and give it back to you ..... probably not.

•••
.pe is a ccTLD. The rules for ccTLDs are set by the registries, and do not have to use ICANN procedures or agree to ICANN consensus policies. The bottom line here is that ICANN doesn't have jurisdiction.

That is an interesting bit of info.

I did not know that.

I was under the impression that ICANN was the all powerful overseer of all domain extensions and had complete power.

So you are saying country code domains are controlled by the individual registry for that country and ICANN has no say or jurisdiction, wow!

Thanks for telling us that.

•••
•••
You screwed up two times:
1. Didn't check whois after the 'transfer'
2. Didn't check whois after godaddy sent you renewal notifications

I would like to know how many domainers don't check whois after the transfer.

Now that I think of it, it's a perfect scam.
You have domain, let namecheap buy it off of you, so now you have $10k, and then they give you your domain. How cool is that?
We just need a name for this scam. How about we call it 'Deleted scam'? Get it? Get it?

Do you work at Namecheap or something ?

•••
Do you work at Namecheap or something ?

Yes, watch this thread, I will soon post $1 coupon for .com registration. Limit to 1000 registrations. And 1 per customer.

•••
•••
Yes, watch this thread, I will soon post $1 coupon for .com registration. Limit to 1000 registrations. And 1 per customer.
I want the promo

•••
•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back