NameSilo

Namecheap changed ownership on 36th day of expiry

Labeled as alert in Warnings and Alerts, started by OnlineDomainShop, Oct 2, 2021

Replies:
Views:

1. OnlineDomainShop

OnlineDomainShop CryptoCurrency.CC VIP

I had a domain WebsiteL.com which expired on 2022-08-27 , today is 36th day after its expiry ( redemption period ) , strangely i recieved email from namecheap today that domain contacts has been changed to someone with email:: [email protected]

I know domain might have less value but how namecheap changed ownership to someone else who renewed the domain and who is using lander to sell it.

namecheap-alerts.PNG

Note: Domain ownership is changed on 35th day of expiry , domain is now renewed and up for sale.

Last edited: Oct 2, 2021
    The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  2. DKN

DKN Top Contributor VIP

Please refer to Domain Registration Agreement, paragraph 25 After expiration of the term of a domain name registration. https://www.namecheap.com/legal/domains/registration-agreement

Its very dangerous to let your domain expire and renew it within the grace period at NameCheap.

Technically there is NO GRCAE PERIOD in Namecheap.

Godaddy, Dynadot, EPIK, Namesilo are giving minimum 30 days grace period to renew your domains and they will guarantee that you can renew or transfer within 30 days

But as per Namecheap's TOS they have the right to sell your domain after expiring (No matter the domain is within the 30 days grace period)

Last edited: Oct 2, 2021
  3. OnlineDomainShop

Thats strange and new thing to me. Selling domain on 35th day of expiry is not a good thing.

4. DKN

DKN Top Contributor VIP

As per their TOS, they can sell expired domains even on 1st day after expiry. :(

5. D Haynes

D Haynes Top Contributor VIP

Why let the name expire at all? Renew on time and the problem is solved.

6. OnlineDomainShop

Not everyone is same around the world with no problems and pockets full of dollars , I let the domain expired because i was busy in other projects and till date i was not aware of their TOS , namecheap in my eyes is worst registrar than others as they can sell or use any domain after 30 days of expiry.

The best registrar in this case is networksolutions , i transferred domain after 42 days of expiry with out paying any extra fees.

Namecheap is greedy registrar for sure.

Want to reply or ask your own question?

It only takes a minute to sign up – and it's free!
Topics / Tags:
biix
  1. NamePros uses cookies and similar technologies. By using this site, you are agreeing to our privacy policy, terms, and use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice