IT.COM

domains Namecheap 2021 Domain Insights & Trends Report

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Lox

____Top Member
Impact
Namecheap's annual report features exclusive domain registration data from 2020 and 2021. The information provides insights into global TLD registration trends for small business owners, online entrepreneurs, technology journalists, domain investors, and web industry experts.

Top 20 most registered TLDs of the year

top-20-tlds-of-2021-980x550.png

read more / presentation

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Interesting fact is that it is gaining momentum very fast and already surpassed the (.net) and many others.
And the ultimate fact is that it is just 4.73 times away to surpass the (.com)
If we get gross data from all registrar from all over the world then it will be more interesting.

•••
I think the whole xyz thing is mostly just people buying them to resell them, no ones really intending to build anything on them, could be wrong though, it could gradually increase in popularity over time in terms of actually building sites on them.

•••
Which notable xyz websites has anyone visited in the past ten years? Ridiculous domain name extension. Total waste of money for the majority of 649590 registrations. Complete and utter madness!

.xyz went live in 2014 and recently gained popularity, so asking what websites anyone’s visited in the past 10 years is moot. Don’t know why you feel so strongly towards it either.

I don’t know why .cyou got many registrations, but I’ll take that as an opportunity to learn and possibly find new market trends.

Last edited:
•••
Which notable xyz websites has anyone visited in the past ten years? Ridiculous domain name extension. Total waste of money for the majority of 649590 registrations. Complete and utter madness!

•••
.xyz went live in 2014 and recently gained popularity, so asking what websites anyone’s visited in the past 10 years is moot. Don’t know why you feel so strongly towards it either.
Thanks for the info brother @bamboozle. I'd like to understand why so many xyz domain names have been registered without being developed. I have personally never seen or visited an xyz website unless it was from the forum. I don't get what xyz does to further website classification. Sorry if you own xyz domain names and are offended by my post. That was honestly not my intention. What types of websites would logically and broadly use the xyz extension? I haven't got a dog in this fight anyway. It was more of an emotional response. I'll shut up now mate! Cheers.

Last edited:
•••
The best ever dot xyz domain name is available unregistered. dontbuy dot xyz.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back