IT.COM

NameBright "ERROR: Unable to set Domain Lock at this time". Can't transfer my domain out of NameBright

NameSilo
Watch

Alex270

Cik.RoTop Member
Impact
Hello,

On 4 April 2022 I've acquired the domain OnLife.org at a DropCatch auction.

Sunday (5 June 2022) I've tried to unlock the domain to transfer it out of NameBright, but after I went to "Locking" "Unlocked" and I clicked on "save" I've got the following error "Unable to set the Domain Lock at this time". Since then I've tried again, including today, to unlock the domain but I get the same error message, that seems more like an account restriction than an "error".

I've sent a message to NameBright support and after that I saw that they aren't working in the weekend, but there's Tuesday now and I haven't received any e-mail from them yet.

1. Has any of you encountered this "error"? If "yes", how can you solve it?

2. On average, how long does it take for NameBright to answer to your support request? This is my first interaction with NameBright and I feel like it isn't a very bright one.

@Natalie Lynch @Rebies

Thank you,

Alex

Attachments

• Nu pot sa deblochez OnLife.org.jpg
    Nu pot sa deblochez OnLife.org.jpg
    112.3 KB · Views: 139
  • Mesaj suport NameBright.jpg
    Mesaj suport NameBright.jpg
    133.8 KB · Views: 148
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Update: ~ 3 hours ago I've sent another e-mail to NameBright customer support and this time they've answered saying "You are now able to unlock the domain and transfer it..."

Great...but why I coudn't do that in the first place? If a domain name isn't in ICANN lock it is not NameBright's business to prevent you from transfering it to some other registrar by placing abusive restrictions on your account.

Since now I've initiated the transfer I'm curious how long it will take until I will have the option to expedite the transfer in my NameBright account / Outboud Transfers section, because for now accepting the transfer isn't there. They're saying "a few hours" while at other registrars it's a matter of minutes.

"Once you have completed the steps above, wait a few hours and go back to NameBright. Log in. In the "Outbound Transfers" section under the "My Account" tab, select your domain and choose the "Accept Transfers" option".

I'll wait and see... At least now we're on the right track...

Thank you,

Alex

Attachments

• NameBright answer about transfer lock.jpg
    NameBright answer about transfer lock.jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 118
  • Domain not showing to accept transfer out NameBright.jpg
    Domain not showing to accept transfer out NameBright.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 125
•••
Update 2: Today, ~24 hours after I've initiated the transfer out of NameBright I've sent another e-mail to them because I still didn't have the option to expedite the transfer in the Outbound Transfers section of the site.

~ An hour ago they've answered saying "We have corrected the issue. You should see the domain in your Outbound transfers section now" and I could finally transfer my domain out of NameBright.

Sunday I've transfered another domain that I've bought in April (TheCoffee.net) from GoDaddy to NameSilo, and I did it in around half an hour. NameBright should learn from them, because that's a good customer experience, not waiting days and sending several e-mails for something that should be done automatically, without them being involved at all.

Next time, I will think twice before I will buy again a domain from DropCatch just so I don't have to deal again with NameBright...

Attachments

• Finally I could transfer out my domain from NameBright.jpg
    Finally I could transfer out my domain from NameBright.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 88
•••
namebright is the worst registrar I've ever met

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back