Dynadot

NameBio shows a domain of mine sold in January (but I never sold it)

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Hi everyone, I was making a search in NameBio and I noticed that they report the sale of a domain of mine (fog.tv) in January 2019.
But how is it possible since it's mine and I didn't sell it?
It's not for the specific domain, but I would like to know where do they take the info to understand if it's a simple mistake or what.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Hi everyone, I was making a search in NameBio and I noticed that they report the sale of a domain of mine (fog.tv) in January 2019.
It's not for the specific domain, but I would like to know where do they take the info to understand if it's a simple mistake or what.

Sue them!

:)

•••
I was making a search in NameBio and I noticed that they report the sale of a domain of mine (fog.tv) in January 2019.

My guess is the $111 recorded sale was an expired Dynadot auction.

Dynadot has a fairly generous renewal policy in favor of the registrant. Often times, as you may know, an auction won there, won't finalize due to an owner renewing their domain.

FWIW: The NameBio entry shows a February 1st, 2019 date. And the expiration for this domain is 12/26. (apprx 37 days)

WHOIS was last updated on February 3rd, 2019. If this is when you renewed the domain, it occurred a few days after NameBio had already reported the sale.

The domain was mentioned in this DomainRecap link from January 28th, 2019 showing a $30 high bid.

Tagging @Michael

Last edited:
•••
I confirmed via WHOIS history and removed the record, sorry about that. It's like @Grilled said, if you let it get to expiration they'll auction it off, and if you renew it at the last minute the auction result is invalidated (but we have no easy way of knowing that).

•••
I confirmed via WHOIS history and removed the record, sorry about that. It's like @Grilled said, if you let it get to expiration they'll auction it off, and if you renew it at the last minute the auction result is invalidated (but we have no easy way of knowing that).
In simple words, don't trust Namebio.com as not all sales are an accurate sale.

•••
Also, in past Dynadot auctions there are so many records on Namebio where auction was even canceled, but it's still listed as sold (usually it shows good names with low selling price on NB)
It's definitely not good thing for resellers.

•••
Back