Dynadot

Namebio ridiculous captcha

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

alcy

Top Member
Impact
@Michael I hope u can do something about this ridiculous captcha of yours..before I smash my fone on my wall and send someone the bill

I'm stuck forced into some stupid truck picking nonsense puzzle picture like when I was 8 at school... then when i force me eyes to pick the damn stuff apparently the kindergarten teacher slaps me wrist and says ain't good enuf so then I have to do it again...
today i did it on 10 screens ... and still didnt get there...

I visit tons of sites... nobody treats me like namebio... whatever it is u do or why u have very clearly crossed all lines of paranoia about it.

I am going to shoot me in the head so sure I am not to be the only person cursing captcha like this one here... that's either just bad or set to max difficulty or hypersensitivity .

in either case it ain't working ... for God's sake man .. just get rid of the nonsense round yer fine site and let some nice folk see some sales like in the good old days

u have gone down so low with the security paranoias ads etc .... u have taken the fun and pleasure and thus the very purpose of yer informational site out of the equation. I used to look forward to going to namebio see some sales...now I just shake and pray I get an easy captcha.

ty

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
The captcha is a pain in the bum, but as a web automation script developer I can tell they have no other option.
Even with the captcha on, the automation scripts can still crawl the site using the following kind of service
https://2captcha.com/2captcha-api#solving_hcaptcha
But it definitely slows down the crawling speed.
There are other solutions they can integrate, but I bet they already tried them all.

•••
But probably 98% of them get through it without issue. They just aren't going to post in this thread.

Well, I just tried and made it thru after two puzzles. Maybe it is because I am on a desktop vs hand held device (images are easier to see)?

I've noticed other data providing sites increasing captcha tests...namebio is one of the friendliest. There is one that every time you use it, it adds a captcha to solve...after I reach the 5 or 6 level I just wait until the next day to access them again.

Also, I clear cookies, etc 3-4 times a day and at shutdown...that helps a great deal.

•••
@Michael i have logged in and redirect here https://namebio.com/memberships but when i try to visit just https://namebio.com i must solve captcha. what the -_-
i told you in dm, your captcha settings have a problem.
namesilo also uses hCaptcha but it only takes 3 images and there are no problems
I said you need to PM me your email address so I can add a "membership" to your account that can bypass the CAPTCHA. I didn't receive any messages from you, so yea... you'd still see the CAPTCHA.

We do have ours set to "Always On" difficulty level, maybe that's the difference. There's definitely nothing wrong with the settings though. We had to do that difficulty level because we found the bots were just continuing to click the CAPTCHA from a bazillion IPs until they got lucky and the service didn't require a solve, so any lower setting was pointless at stopping them.

We have received a few complaints from people that after they got the green check mark, they were still prompted to solve another CAPTCHA. The problem is that sometimes after you answer correctly, hCaptcha will still tell us that you failed the test based on the other parameters they look at (remember it's not only about the answers). Not much we can do about that other than switching providers, but there aren't really any good options that can stop CAPTCHA farms and aren't blocked in a bunch of countries.

The captcha is a pain in the bum, but as a web automation script developer I can tell they have no other option.
Even with the captcha on, the automation scripts can still crawl the site using the following kind of service
https://2captcha.com/2captcha-api#solving_hcaptcha
But it definitely slows down the crawling speed.
There are other solutions they can integrate, but I bet they already tried them all.
CAPTCHA farms won't get through unless they proxy all the scraping traffic, and that's fine by me because it's easier to ban a few thousand IPs from CAPTCHA farm employees than a whole botnet.

•••
I said you need to PM me your email address so I can add a "membership" to your account that can bypass the CAPTCHA. I didn't receive any messages from you, so yea... you'd still see the CAPTCHA.

Hi, please check my dm

•••
I didn't just wake up one day and add it to annoy you guys.

lol

Hi Michael

that line made me laugh out loud
not at you,
but at the retrospect, of when you woke up years ago, and thought about creating namebio

who knew, the bots would attack so fiercely, like ants on syrup
and that users would try to manipulate their way around safeguards for data that grows in value, day by day, .

you been thru some :poop: this year, so keep your head up
2021 is almost here.

imo....

•••
I'll tell you guys what. Anyone who has issues with the CAPTCHA and can't afford/justify a membership can go register on the site for free, send me a PM with your email address, and I'll set up a "Human Membership" for you. It won't have any benefits other than not having to solve the CAPTCHA, but if you abuse it with software you'll be banned for life.

https://namebio.com/memberships?register

If you already signed up for our mobile game, or registered on the site, you can just skip straight to the PM.

Sound good?

@alcy I don't think you understand how statistics work. If 90% of the people who responded to this thread were complaining, that doesn't mean 90% of NP users overall dislike the CAPTCHA, since this is a thread to complain it's going to be heavily biased towards complaints. It's actually probably more like 100%. You'd have to be a little nuts to like a CAPTCHA ;)

But probably 98% of them get through it without issue. They just aren't going to post in this thread.

I think we both know I was making an estimate to make a point.

I know of some site owners for whom one person having issues.. not getting thru.. is enuf to react but... that's a dying breed...here u have 10 or 20 and counting.

its yer site. u have right to respond as u wish. like we can voice our views about sites here. cheers

Last edited:
•••
I remember having the same experience as the OP the last time that I used Namebio. I eventually just gave up and left the site. I just tried it again and had a similar experience. Examine the images looking for all the trains.

It's unfortunate with the bots that this was the solution that you had to implement to curb them. The user experience certainly suffers with the captcha complexity. It's not very often that I run into sites that force me to leave because of the captcha.

I've had issues with bots but not at the level that you've experienced, so I can't comment on any solutions that you haven't already thought of.

•••
I think we both know I was making an estimate to make a point.

I know of some site owners for whom one person having issues.. not getting thru.. is enuf to react but... that's a dying breed...here u have 10 or 20 and counting.

its yer site. u have right to respond as u wish. like we can voice our views about sites here. cheers
I said I would set it up so that people who send me a PM don’t have to solve CAPTCHAs any more. What more can I do than that? I can’t take it down entirely because a dozen people are struggling with it, and then have 330k people experience degraded service because of the bot swarms coming back.

There have been more than 75k hCaptchas solved successfully so far on our site, most people are not struggling with it. And for the extreme minority who are we’ll work something out.

•••
I said I would set it up so that people who send me a PM don’t have to solve CAPTCHAs any more. What more can I do than that? I can’t take it down entirely because a dozen people are struggling with it, and then have 330k people experience degraded service because of the bot swarms coming back.

There have been more than 75k hCaptchas solved successfully so far on our site, most people are not struggling with it. And for the extreme minority who are we’ll work something out.

plz do not be upset ..this is not yer fault or something personal

there is just a captcha problem and like all problems it needs solving

now we can just happily concluded we are in a way rewarded by reporting a real bug by u setting up accounts etc

I think it's a solution indeed... well at least for those who read this.

well..tnx then. cheers

•••
For recaptcha, I have >95 % chance to go through it at my very first try.

For hcaptcha, The h is stands for hell for me. Too many close shot pictures, they're really annoying and even I think I answered correctly, the hell captcha still keep asking me to solve more and more.:banghead:

•••

I don't like random people looking up prices on Namebio for free
I hope the HCaptcha annoys some pesky end users that they get frustrated and leave :)

•••
I don't like random people looking up prices on Namebio for free
If we think about it, some owners of the "problematic" bots may be right here, right now, reading this thread and improving. So... going to paid model AND with a limited number of lookups (for each dollar paid) may be the only solution actually.

•••
The paid model may work for existing users but how about new users that have never been to the site before? Imagine that you came from google and this was your first impression of the site. Heck, you can't even get to the site to begin with.

Just thinking out loud in what I would do to combat these problematic bots.

•••
you been thru some :poop: this year, so keep your head up
2021 is almost here.
That's unfortunately a really big assumption, 2021 may not be any better :(

And this from an eternal optimist which makes me real sad.

Last edited:
•••
I need to answer 4-7 captcha each time I want to use namebio.

Time to support and pay 💰😎💪🙏

Your card was declined. I have some $ can’t use 😑🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

Last edited:
•••
Cheers Michael for the kind offer of support for those that need it.

Developing and maintaining a site isn't easy and takes a lot of effort. I hope that it's worth your while.

Last edited:
•••
@Michael, it behooves me still sticking with this company after all the reported errors.
You’ve made it your product inaccessible.
We dont think you did it on purpose;
You have #1 service in this sector, Michael.
You’re the most engaged owner.
You’re not under attack. This company is;
Click on the hand i circled on the bottom;
D3EA9569-78FD-430E-B917-0F2C6F14F406.jpeg

F0DEA060-5EEA-4444-87C3-D437872C9C03.jpeg

No ill will, @Michael.
Happy New Year!

Samer

Last edited:
•••
Well, I just tried and made it thru after two puzzles. Maybe it is because I am on a desktop vs hand held device (images are easier to see)?

I've noticed other data providing sites increasing captcha tests...namebio is one of the friendliest. There is one that every time you use it, it adds a captcha to solve...after I reach the 5 or 6 level I just wait until the next day to access them again.

Also, I clear cookies, etc 3-4 times a day and at shutdown...that helps a great deal.

Yup. Could be it.

Mostly use my phone NP Namebio. Let me try.

Last edited:
•••
Yup. Could be it.

Mostly use my phone NP Namebio. Let me try.
I'm on desktop and it makes no difference for me personally. Maybe it's the way your brain works whether you can figure the puzzle out or not.

•••
it's obvious it's this pathetically stupid captcha type or company that causes issues...not my brain or his or anyones.

maybe if namebio owner doesnt have some contract signed to use and promote that lame captcha product clearly designed to only malfunction and create problems like on this thread then maybe site owner can flush it down the toilet where most clearly it belongs... unless there too it shall clog the pipe with its huge amount of lameness.

I know not who does allow such poor product ob market or their site.. but it is clearly not fit for people to use.

perhaps our site owner can consider another captcha .. unless there is contract signed and heavy money involved in either or both directions.

this could then become a solution both easy and working.... ty

•••
it's obvious it's this pathetically stupid captcha type or company that causes issues...not my brain or his or anyones.

maybe if namebio owner doesnt have some contract signed to use and promote that lame captcha product clearly designed to only malfunction and create problems like on this thread then maybe site owner can flush it down the toilet where most clearly it belongs... unless there too it shall clog the pipe with its huge amount of lameness.

I know not who does allow such poor product ob market or their site.. but it is clearly not fit for people to use.

perhaps our site owner can consider another captcha .. unless there is contract signed and heavy money involved in either or both directions.

this could then become a solution both easy and working.... ty

The reason is all the good working methods already patented.
They enter the market too late and it's nearly impossible mission for them to innovate.:dead:

•••
The reason is all the good working methods already patented.
They enter the market too late and it's nearly impossible mission for them to innovate.:dead:

well all the more reason to not use them no? and yet our dear site owner of all companies picks the worst one...or as u put it the least innovative late comer.

I mean what's up with dat.

•••
well all the more reason to not use them no? and yet our dear site owner of all companies picks the worst one...or as u put it the least innovative late comer.

I mean what's up with dat.
I’m open to suggestions. My only two criteria are that it isn’t blocked in any countries, and rejects solves when the IP of my visitor doesn’t match the IP of the solver (i.e. stopping captcha farms). I’m not aware of any, but you seem to know a lot about captchas so please clue me in.

I noticed you haven’t sent me a message with your email so I can prevent you from seeing any more captchas. What’s up with dat?

I’m trying hCaptcha on the Easy setting starting today. That should allow passing through sometimes with no puzzle, and also showing easier puzzle types. If that still manages to keep the bots away I’ll leave it, otherwise I might have to turn the difficulty up a bit. Perhaps “Always On” was too much. We’ll see.

•••
I’m open to suggestions. My only two criteria are that it isn’t blocked in any countries, and rejects solves when the IP of my visitor doesn’t match the IP of the solver (i.e. stopping captcha farms). I’m not aware of any, but you seem to know a lot about captchas so please clue me in.

I noticed you haven’t sent me a message with your email so I can prevent you from seeing any more captchas. What’s up with dat?

I’m trying hCaptcha on the Easy setting starting today. That should allow passing through sometimes with no puzzle, and also showing easier puzzle types. If that still manages to keep the bots away I’ll leave it, otherwise I might have to turn the difficulty up a bit. Perhaps “Always On” was too much. We’ll see.

I know nothing about captcha beyond using them on few sites and yer captcha is the worst of them all

I'm a user of sites. my job is not to know captchas ... just use them and judge them based on usability .. u are site owner yer job is to know captchas

it's obvious u have taken my comments as some personal thing. and u still do not understand or accept 90% plus here agree with me.

I would expect a thank u for trying to make yer site better.. not some cheap shot attacks.

I hope u find a solution. maybe one without email too. I just wanna go to yer site to see some sales like in old days... I mean why is this so hard for u to do? did something change.. just rollback couple years old version.. I dont get what's the big deal... what's the point in changing yer site if it's not for the better... just do a rollback and relax man.. dont do it for me..do it for everyone. tnx

Last edited:
•••
I know nothing about captcha beyond using them on few sites and yer captcha is the worst of them all

I'm a user of sites. my job is not to know captchas ... just use them and judge them based on usability .. u are site owner yer job is to know captchas

it's obvious u have taken my comments as some personal thing. and u still do not understand or accept 90% plus here agree with me.

I would expect a thank u for trying to make yer site better.. not some cheap shot attacks.

I hope u find a solution. maybe one without email too. I just wanna go to yer site to see some sales like in old days... I mean why is this so hard for u to do? did something change.. just rollback couple years old version.. I dont get what's the big deal... what's the point in changing yer site if it's not for the better... just do a rollback and relax man.. dont do it for me..do it for everyone. tnx
The difference now is that the bots are getting much more aggressive. I don’t have the luxury of being an armchair quarterback, saying someone should do something without regard to the consequences it will have and whether or not it’s even possible. I have to deal with reality not opinion.

I can’t remove the captcha or the bots will run rampant and crash the server. I can’t change the captcha unless there’s one that isn’t blocked in several countries and can actually stop captcha farms. I haven’t been able to find a better solution that fits our needs. I thought you might know something I don’t since you speak so confidently about me choosing the worst possible solution.

I can make it so that you take ten seconds of your time once and never have to solve another captcha, but you didn’t take me up on it for some reason. I can tweak the difficulty settings, which I just did, and hopefully that helps. But that doesn’t stop your complaints. And you suggest with no basis that I have some kind of deal with hCaptcha and that’s why I’m not switching. So yea, it kind of does seem personal and that you don’t really want a solution that is actually possible.

I don’t like that I had to add a captcha. If I could remove it I would in a heartbeat. But the people who choose to abuse the site don’t allow it. I’m trying to get it dialed in to the point that it has the best possible user experience while still actually stopping bots. But ultimately I have to err on the side of stopping bots, or the site will be unusable for everyone not just the handful who struggle to solve the captcha.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back