NameSilo

Name some domains you think actually look BETTER as a gTLD than a dot com

Labeled as opinion in gTLD Discussion started by Shuttlepro, Apr 29, 2017.

Replies:
Views:

1. Andrew Richard

Andrew Richard Established Member

HairStyles.today

The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  2. bmugford

bmugford www.DataCube.com PRO ICA Member VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

I hear this "unreported" sales argument a lot.

There is no reason why there would be a higher % of unreported new gTLD sales than .COM sales. If there are low reported sales, there are low sales in general.

Brad

Last edited: May 1, 2017
  3. Brandingtheweb.com

Brandingtheweb.com 123Capital.com VIP

I prefer hairstylist.us

4. Want2learn

Want2learn Top Member VIP

I am very new to domaining. I hope you can find the humor and irony and answer a question. The other day I received an email. It was an interview with you! In it I saw C-h-i-c-a-g-o.com. I am a teacher in the US by trade, so I loved the creativity. I actually went and registered B-o-s-t-o-n.com and A-t-l-a-n-t-a.com. The ironic part was I mentioned that some guy named Rick Schwartz had the Chicago version! And bam you are on the site! So it is a pleasure to meet you, sort of! Well pleasure yes, online meeting anyways!!

My question is, is there any potential in my two city imitations of your Chicago? You have no idea how much I want you to say yes, especially after a lot of the pros here crapped on those 2 registrations.

Thank you!

5. Daniel Owens

Daniel Owens Upgraded Member Gold Account VIP

fantastic (d0t) site looks between due to the extension being site and the fact it is a web-site. fantastic(dot) com would not go together as nicely.

6. Together4Forever

Together4Forever Market Restricted

7. slader23

slader23 Always On The Bleeding Edge. VIP

Nice one. Good to see you back.

8. Together4Forever

Together4Forever Market Restricted

Thanks bro! Good to be back to!

9. Raymond C

Raymond C Established Member

Smartf.one

10. dordomai

dordomai Top Member VIP

what are you think they are going to teach? .com is the most commonly used extension and then there are alternatives like .loan?

Or do you think they will teach them .com is old you must only use domains like .loan?

even today people get used and learn to type .com every day, I don't think schools will brainwash students for years to use only .whatever

11. Raymond C

Queens.land is a totally awesome idea still being worked on.
    Check back later.

12. guillon

guillon Established Member

We do Consulting so we use www.jovenet.consulting "BECAUSE WE DO CONSULTING". We now redirect our old and meaningless "jovenet.com" to our new name.

Domain name investors tend to think that domain names were created for investing "only" but standard users don't give a S about domaining.

Many registrants use new domain names because they answer one question that ".com" does not answer: branding.

13. dordomai

dordomai Top Member VIP

your brand name+.com is old and meaningless? wow

Jovenet.com is better IMO.

cocacola will move to cocacola.softdrink because brand+.com does not mean anything?

in my opinion brand is what matters and the .com just shows that you can be visited.

your new name is longer because of the www and also more confusing.

jovenetconsulting.com has the same meaning with less confusion. why is it meaningless'?

14. DOMAIN ILLUMINATI

DOMAIN ILLUMINATI Owner of ▲ the most expensive domain of all time. Gold Account

We all have (more or less) ideas, opinions, experiences and the wish to be successful.
    My honest congrats to those who are sucessfull already - you know you were successfull, because you were '(some of) the first' - you were 'pioneers' - great!

New TLDs can give us again the chance to be '(some of) the first', to be 'pioneers'.
    'Pioneers' can make big profit one day - for the price of taking big risk today (a 'pioneer's' life).

+++

It's nothing wrong to trust in traditional things.
    But maybe it's wrong to trust only in traditional things, every tradition started at some point.

+++

It's not only in domaining biz a 'normal thing' that the masses / majority of people do not know current circumstances / possibilities - but they will learn toay what they will know tomorrow (like we have learned yesterday what we know today).

It's a progress.
    Smartphones weren't accepted by the masses from day one - but today nearly everyone has a smartphone.

New TLDs ALREADY realityyy

Fact is, that everyone who will want to buy / register a domain today, will get confronted with more than just .com and at latest this will the moment as he will realize today's TLD diversity.

+++

Back to OP's question:

2 top examples:

MISS.WORLD
    miss.world

MISTER.WORLD
    mister.world

2 top .top hack examples:

GAMINGDESK.TOP

gamingdesk.top

GAMINGLAP.TOP
    gaminglap.top

+++

Nowww feel freee to dislike or to ignore or to replyyy (to) or to like this post yeahhh

15. Rick Schwartz

Rick Schwartz Domain King RicksBlog.com T.R.A.F.F.I.C. PRO VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

Thanks!
    I got them many years ago.
    "Domains with a "Dash" are not popular.
    However, when I imagine on a billboard, it works.
    But they may never have value.

16. 80-20

80-20 Established Member

Traditional.Christmas

17. Raymond C

GTLD allows us to be creative and innovative..... Remember this famous line:
    “Creativity is thinking up new things. Innovation is doing new things.”— Theodore Levitt

Check out this creative web address Shareable.World

Shareable.World owned by :
    Name:
    Cory Arsic

Organization:
    Bricor Media Inc

Street:
    25 Concession Street Unit 219

City:
    Cambridge

State:
    ON

Postal Code:
    N1R 2G6

CA

SharesbleWorld.com is owned by :
    Name:
    KEVIN SMITH

Organization:
    72POINT LTD

Street:
    THE MEDIA CENTRE
    ABBEY WOOD BUSINESS PARK

City:
    BRISTOL

State:
    GLOUCESTERSHIRE

Postal Code:
    BS34 7JU

GB

18. Premiums

Premiums find.ventures

newyorkcity.org is taken and listed for sale by Frank Schilling
    should i go with a hyphenated version: "NEW-YORK-CITY" ?
    upload_2017-5-1_14-56-0.png
    nycc.png

19. kriss05

kriss05 Top Member VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

I think we all can agree that maybe millions of drops are coming.

I agree the current registration numbers don't reflect real end user demand, but coming millions of drops don't reflect lack of end user demand either.

It is domainers who drop these millions of names most of which is crap. Most of drops are xyz, .top and so on that were bought for pennies. There were no sharp drops in many meaningful, regular/premium priced ntlds such as .media, .solutions etc, i.e. where many registrations were made by end users.

Everyone who says no one uses ntlds: download, say, .media zone file and manually check few thousands of domains, then you will find many already developed websites.

20. kriss05

You can do the same with reported ntlds. Or check whois details to figure out if buyers are likely end users.

21. lolwarrior

lolwarrior Founder, Brands.International VIP

Absolutely true regarding droppings.

Regarding as how end users are using new gTLDs, on can check zone file as suggested above, or those who lack technical skills, can easily check progress of their usability in Alexa 1 mil - you will be surprised how well some particular extensions are doing, and how many nice sites are already developed on them - just guys go, and have a look :)

22. ghcomp

ghcomp Established Member

curative.life
    mines:xf.grin:

23. kriss05

They will teach that nowadays there can be almost anything right of the dot. So more and more students will start with dot.whatever

Brainwashing is teaching students that there is only .com

24. kriss05

I personally checked many thousands of ntlds in various zone files and was surprised to find many already developed websites. I was also monitoring registrations in some ntlds and again found many to be end users. Numbers don't lie.

25. kriss05

There is very interesting precedent already: 99% of end user .in sales are non reported.

Want to reply or ask your own question?

It only takes a minute to sign up – and it's free!
NameWorth
  1. NamePros uses cookies and similar technologies. By using this site, you are agreeing to our privacy policy, terms, and use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice