Dynadot

opinion Name some domains you think actually look BETTER as a gTLD than a dot com

NameSilo
Watch

Hootsifer

Top Member
Impact
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
I see someone has been on a dislike rampage in this topic :facepalm:
🚩

"dislike rampage"
hahaahaaa

I noticed it too, it's amusing - although I will never understand why he disliked my domain "top / cat" (and some other awesome domains in this thread) but of course he is welcome to do so if that's his viewww

Last edited:
•••
realty.rentals (mine)

Realty.Rentals.png

•••
Is this thread comparing Word1.Word2 to Word1.com or Word1Word2.com?

If the former, then no ngtld combo can stand even close to .com

And, no, dance.club is not better than dance.com

I think from title the question is not (necessarily) which has more value as a domain but which looks aesthetically better, and I think the intention was word1 and word2 on two sides of dot in ngTLD.

•••
Last edited:
•••
I think from title the question is not (necessarily) which has more value as a domain but which looks aesthetically better, and I think the intention was word1 and word2 on two sides of dot in ngTLD.

Ok, let's go with aesthetics angle. And, it is clear that for ngtld it iw word1 and word2 on two sides of the dot.

But, again, it is not clear if he is comparing it to word1.com in or word1word2.com

Word1.com is the absolute killer, even if it is looks only ))

Would you go for Bob.Hawkes or Bob.com? )))

•••
Would you go for Bob.Hawkes or Bob.com? )))

I would go for Bob.Hawkes cause it more precisely identifies. Bob.com could be any old Bob. So where do I register this new .Hawkes TLD? :xf.cool:

PS Thanks for interesting way to look at it.

•••
I would go for Bob.Hawkes cause it more precisely identifies. Bob.com could be any old Bob. So where do I register this new .Hawkes TLD? :xf.cool:

PS Thanks for interesting way to look at it.

Sure ) Here is a way around:

Contact owners of hawk.es and ask them to create Bob.Hawk.es for you, as well an email [email protected] )

•••
the.Best is better than the.com

•••
I would go for Bob.Hawkes cause it more precisely identifies. [...]
🚩

This is of course the right choice.

To prefer (the own) firstname.com over of (the own) firstname.lastname (if possible) would be a very strange decision.

Last edited:
•••
Last edited:
•••
AfterWork.Network + AfterWork.Group (Both registered by me)

AfterWork.Network.png

•••
🚩

Absolutelyyy

But the.top is higher than the.best.

I am sorry but you're wrong my friend !
People are not looking for the top, people are looking for the Best !

D1E26X9X0AEaIQ7.jpg:large

Last edited:
•••
I am sorry bu you're wrong my friend !
People are not looking for the top, people are looking for the Best !
🚩

No need to be sorry as your (Google's) stat is completeley irrelevant to what I mean/t.

I am not talking about search trends - I am talking about the semantical meaning of the two terms itself.

It is an obvious and universal law that the top was / is / will always be above the best and nobody can turn this permanent fact into the opposite.

Last edited:
•••
Is this thread comparing Word1.Word2 to Word1.com or Word1Word2.com?
Word1.Word2 to Word1Word2.com

If the former, then no ngtld combo can stand even close to .com

And, no, dance.club is not better than dance.com
Dance.Club has nothing to do with Dance.com, and you cannot compare them.

If you think it does, you are completely missing the point of nG's.

Dance.com is legitimate mid $xxx,xxx to even 7 figure name, dance.club is mid xx,xxx to very low xxx,xxx name.

Dance.com has huge range of applications from a dance club to dance studio to dance app to anything basically. You own it, you have instant reputation, authority. Dance.club will require some explaining and even then it has its own peers among dance.studio, dance.pro, dance.life etc.

So? Depending on intended usage, why would a dance club want a broad usage name when they could have a tailored name, less characters, and looks pretty damn cool too?

If I have on my t-shirt Dance.Club, someone seeing it has no clue I am advertising my domain. Now if I put DanceClub.com there, then we are talking... Literally, without saying anything ))

Yeh, well, same old rhetoric from people refusing to look to the future. Guess what, there used to be a time when we had to explaining to people what .com was, or what website was, or what the internet was.

So why not get with it, and get to work? Why aren't you embracing these kind of names? Why aren't you taking the two seconds it takes to explain to someone that's it's a domain name, a url, the name of a website?

Try leaving your options open, so that people know what their options are, too.

Last edited:
•••
•••
I don't know what else to conclude other than "This Internet thing is never going to catch on".

•••
My absolut best registration was a few days ago. I will turn this into an email service.

expat.irish

Irish-Congressional-1080x802.png

Last edited:
•••
🚩

No need to be sorry as your (Google's) stat is completeley irrelevant to what I mean/t.

I am not talking about search trends - I am talking about the semantical meaning of the two terms itself.

It is an obvious and universal law that the top was / is / will always be above the best and nobody can turn this permanent fact into the opposite.

What is obvious my friend is that you probably bought and bet on many domains using the wrong TLD.

I mean the biggest mistake that can make a domain investor is not want to look at the data.

What is universal, is not about you or me : it's all about data at scale.

And data at scale says that the Best is above the top for everybody; whatever it is in Google or in common language.
bestword.jpg

topword.jpg

I don't want to convince you coz i know it's impossible and I can understand that it's hard to face the truth now that you probably spend your money on penny domains so I just wish you the Best.

All the .Best,

CF

•••
Oh the irony. I had my best top on today!

•••
Word1.Word2 to Word1Word2.com

Dance.Club has nothing to do with Dance.com, and you cannot compare them.

If you think it does, you are completely missing the point of nG's.

So? Depending on intended usage, why would a dance club want a broad usage name when they could have a tailored name, less characters, and looks pretty damn cool too?

Yeh, well, same old rhetoric from people refusing to look to the future. Guess what, there used to be a time when we had to explaining to people what .com was, or what website was, or what the internet was.

So why not get with it, and get to work? Why aren't you embracing these kind of names? Why aren't you taking the two seconds it takes to explain to someone that's it's a domain name, a url, the name of a website?

Try leaving your options open, so that people know what their options are, too.

Dance.Club: it is you who is missing the point. Dance.Club example was posted by a member in the thread. Why don't you read the whole thing before responding to someone? Basically, it was said that Dance.Club is better than Dance.com and I was commenting on that.

And before I clarified about Word1, Word2, everyone was understanding it differently. Some were commenting with Word1Word2.com in mind, others with Word1.com in mind. You have to align assumptions to have meaningful discussion, hence the question.

About explaining: if I am starting a business, it is not my task to promote new gtlds, that is for their stakeholders. Moreover, I don't have chance to explain to absolute majority of people seeing the ad on t-shirt, billboard etc. They see it and they either get or not. So, When I post Dance.com, from example above, some will turn into traffic to my site and potential buyers of my services just by seeing it, while if I own Dance.Club and put that on my shirt, then much fewer people will get that it is a URL and I will lose sales and traffic.

And, once more, Dance.Club is wonderful name, but it is nowhere near Dance.com and even DanceClub.com might be better option.

So, now you go ahead and spend your two seconds explaining people and when you've managed to have explained it to 7+ billion people, I will then come and choose one of those for a business of mine. Good luck with that though.

•••
•••
What is obvious my friend is that you probably bought and bet on many domains using the wrong TLD.

I mean the biggest mistake that can make a domain investor is not want to look at the data.

What is universal, is not about you or me : it's all about data at scale.

And data at scale says that the Best is above the top for everybody; whatever it is in Google or in common language.

I don't want to convince you coz i know it's impossible and I can understand that it's hard to face the truth now that you probably spend your money on penny domains so I just wish you the Best.

All the .Best,

CF
Dear .best friend,

it is interesting that you think that it is hard to face the truth - but believe me, it is not.
It is in actually very easy, all you have to do, is to accept the realityyy
Just give it a tryyy

The reality in this case is, that the term top is globaly also / primarily used as a synonyme for highest while the term best does not imply a level of height.

What is obvious, is, that you surely don't know that I am using always the right / perfect TLD when creating a domain name, I
choose my TLDs wiselyyy

I am not ignoring data, I am just not always impressed by them because I prefer to be innovative - in other words, I prefer to create dataaa

It is principally recommended to accept the meaning of a word.
This said, let me remember you that every qualitative dictionary will tell you that
the top is the highest point.

So the domain name

the.top
is higher than the domain name
the.best
and I think it is even better than best because

the.top
has
1.) the same number of characters on both sides (3L.3L) and
2.) both sides start with the same character (t) and
3.) top (3L) has less characters than best (4L)

while

the.best
has
1.) a different number of characters on both sides (3L.4L) and
2.) both sides start with different characters (t/b) and
3.) best (4L) has more characters than top (3L).

and this is the truth.

Nevertheless I wish you the best with your domain name/s / views / ideas and I hope they will lead your to the top.

What is universal, is physical lawww
And phsical law says that the highest point is at the top and not at the best and no stat can change this.
Every honest person will confirm you that the top is above the best.

I want to convince you because I know it's possible and I wish you that you will reach the top with the best.

+++

Another information, of course also regarding this threads topic:

I think the domain name

than.best
is better than the domain name
than.com
and so I registered it ...

... to create the high end, ultra premium, mega paradox domain name

better.than.best

because this is the perfect domain name to show what is better than best ...

Last edited:
•••
Dance.Club: it is you who is missing the point. Dance.Club example was posted by a member in the thread. Why don't you read the whole thing before responding to someone? Basically, it was said that Dance.Club is better than Dance.com and I was commenting on that.
Uh huh. But you literally said the words. It was your comment.

About explaining: if I am starting a business, it is not my task to promote new gtlds, that is for their stakeholders. Moreover, I don't have chance to explain to absolute majority of people seeing the ad on t-shirt, billboard etc. They see it and they either get or not. So, When I post Dance.com, from example above, some will turn into traffic to my site and potential buyers of my services just by seeing it, while if I own Dance.Club and put that on my shirt, then much fewer people will get that it is a URL and I will lose sales and traffic.

Right. Not your task to give exposure and educate potential buyers? Oh boy.

Look, Recons, these kinds of circular arguments always end up at the same spot: back to where we started, with neither side conceding new insight. I respect your opinions. I respect a healthy legacy extension anytime. Using traffic and popularity to sell a .com makes sense. Obviously, we can't use these attributes for new G's. But your fellow investors are building foundations to do so, and why attempt to erode this?

So, now you go ahead and spend your two seconds explaining people and when you've managed to have explained it to 7+ billion people, I will then come and choose one of those for a business of mine. Good luck with that though.
It's not just me Recons. It's a collective effort. And I do spend the two seconds. The reaction is awesome.
When your options are limited to only what you "know", there is no choice.

•••
Dear .best friend,

I am
not ignoring data, I am just not always impressed by them because I prefer to be innovative - in other words, I prefer to create dataaa

You said it yourself, you don't want to look at data at scale and prefer to create your own world.

Taking any business decision on its own perception, is the biggest mistake that can make an entrepreneur.

First, it is stupid, laughable, ... well it's simply not a good idea.

This is the reality : (not your, not mine) - And reality is "the best" beats "the top" !

thebestvsthetop.jpg

All the .Best,

CF

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back