Dynadot

Name appearing in my eNom account

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
M

monnyd

Alright this is way weird. I logged into enom and now have a domain in my account that >>I<< never registered. I checked the WHOIS information on it and it's in my name and looks like it was registered in October. I didn't even have an eNom account in October!!

The domain is sendyna.org

What am I supposed to do with it? Is there a lost and found for domains? What if it was used in a crime or something? Can I get in trouble?

:notme:

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I have had (twice) names pushed to my account by mistake., maybe call enom and see if someone pushed this to you

•••
No way to get into trouble - other than if you try to take the domain :)

It's a common thing and due to humen error. It's mentioned a few times elsewhere, mostly by people who push a domain to the incorect account. Give it a few days, the owner may contact you - else just contact support.

•••
If a domain was used for spamming recently, there's the possibility your contact could be used for spam complaints. And if the domain is in violation of trademarks or hijacked then a UDRP case could be brought against you as the domain holder.

But those are worst case scenarios and from the sounds of it not very likely. :) Like dd and dc said above, it's a common mistake. Just wait for someone to contact you, or contact eNom and let them know.

•••
thanks for the advice. No one has claimed the domain yet and I still have it in my account. Too bad its such a lousy name. The .com isn't even registered yet! hehe.

•••
yes a 2 letter .com and you might feel differently

•••
Originally posted by WhiteLion
yes a 2 letter .com and you might feel differently

Oh please let this happen to me! :notme:

:lol:

•••
i think I will just create thousands of resellers to pick up mis-pushed domains :) maybe someone will push sex.com... oops? :-D

glad to see your honest about it. I think most people would keep it, like a dollar found on the street.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back