IT.COM

Mystery Billionaire End User

NameSilo
Watch
Okay,

I have this domain name that is a perfect fit for a company owned by a US based billionaire. I only had two companies in mind when I picked the domain name up but never for this particular guy.

After some months, I decided to check possible end users for the domain name and there I noticed that two domain names containing my keyword + location dot com had been registered with expiration ending 2021. A look at the whois and further research reveal that the name on it does not belong to owner of the company but it had the name of an organization(relatively).

At that point, I did a search but couldn't find much clues, from forbes to other sources, nothing could be found except fragmented information here and there but forbes did mention that they are notorious for keeping things very private and can not give figures of their net worth( four brothers). I had to agree that they are after digging.

I changed my search and found out that the company does exist BUT they do not have a website except phone number on google place.

What would you do if you need to get through to the end user?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Have you checked for TM's

•••
Have you checked for TM's
There is no such thing bro because it is a generic name. Over 3 companies use(ed) the main keyword of my domain name by adding something to it like I have explained above.I also got a $25 offer from another company with similar domain name.

•••
if I were you, I will list on afternic, and set up minimal offers :) , and that's it! if they really want your domain, I am sure they will find it! but if not :) let them expired :D, if I want to reach end user, most of times, I use google to find their email, or Linkedin! I am sure you'll find something! but, if some one already giving me offer, I will just sit and do nothing! cause its already good indication! even the offer only $25, I am sure the real price are much more! I am sure ppl that giving $25, are domainer! :) , and if I were you, and they increase their offer, just said, 20k! or I will renew up to 10 years :D lol ,

•••
ok..no worries..it doesn't hurt to make sure though. Apple is pretty generic word as well but you cant add a keyword to that and it make it ok, especially in the same niche.

Just saying its always good to check

I find it hilarious that a company can offer $25 for a domain :ahhh:

•••
When you say four brothers and billionaire and USA, it's not a mystery anymore who you are talking about. You can only contact people down the ladder with these types. Good Luck

•••
ok..no worries..it doesn't hurt to make sure though. Apple is pretty generic word as well but you cant add a keyword to that and it make it ok, especially in the same niche.

Just saying its always good to check

I find it hilarious that a company can offer $25 for a domain :ahhh:
lol... don't mind the dude. The domain name is a brandable domain name with surname attached to it and lots of company use the surname in their URL. But this one is serving a sector. From my research, there 3 solid companies that could make use of my domain name and the guy who offered $25 is one of them, they own the .net and many variations of it.

The Billionaire has no website for his company but his company name is exactly my domain name. If one could offer to sell them the domain name and pitch building the site for them lol. That would be super cool. Will try what available options at my disposal.

•••
Back