Dynadot

.com My third $xx,xxx sale of 2018

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Recons.Com

Top Member
Impact
I completed another, third, 5 figure sale of the year.

The sale price from inbound inquiry was $12,500 paid in bitcoin. After CoinBase fees, net around $12,350

Original asking price $19,000. Starting offer $5,000.

After initial email enquiry, I made a phone call to the number provided. Made sure it was less than 24 hours from the inquiry to the call.

We had a nice conversation for an hour, but price negotiation was over the email. In all, from the receipt of the email to receiving cash in my account - less than 48 hours.

No escrow was used. We carried out the payment and name transfer "live" over the phone. He paid 50% of the amount, I moved the name, he paid the second installment.

The new owner is an amazing guy with brilliant ideas and feels good to know that the name will be put to a great use.

I will reveal the name later today :)

Sincerely,

El

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Thank you! This is quite non-liquid business. Trying to extract max value might result in much longer waits and lead to cash flow strains. Instead, it might make more sense to sell and find another gem.
Great! You are right. Congratulations once more.

•••
@Recons.Com - Congratulations on your sale. Thanks for sharing the news with insight. I wish you many more sales like that (y)

•••
Thank you!

Did not view it as brandable. Added in bulk and even if they would have accepted it, would not list. For example, BR approved Myrtles/com and put a price similar to brandables. Of course, would never list at that. The name has hundreds of potential end users and they view it on par with some made up letter combo. For them to get names like that, they'd have to learn to recognize them as premium names and they cannot recognize them even as brandables.

Worse yet, they do recognize them as premium, and another investor who isnt as knowledgable as you are, then they list it and wait a month and magically an offer comes in and the marketplace owners or cronies stealthly buy it themselves as was reported something like that on another thread. Then, with their extensive customer base resell it themselves way beyond the price they “appraised” it at.

Great to hear you using the telephone instead of email too!

•••
It's always nice to hear of people who have chosen really intelligent names.

Names that aren't just smart but are saleable at the same time.

I'm happy for your 'hat trick' and wish you more noble endeavours over the rest of 2018.

Enjoy.

•••
Good luck and I am sure you will. If you don't mind, I would recommend that you are pickier with your acquisitions. Just making sense is not sufficient for a name to have a chance to sell at high price.

You have to be able to imagine that a company would want to name itself just like that. And also a company would be in an industry that is lucrative enough to justify a high end brand.

Meaning, if a name is a great fit for a blogger or a small market country, the probability of high end sale shrinks dramatically.
The best advice

•••
Worse yet, they do recognize them as premium, and another investor who isnt as knowledgable as you are, then they list it and wait a month and magically an offer comes in and the marketplace owners or cronies stealthly buy it themselves as was reported something like that on another thread. Then, with their extensive customer base resell it themselves way beyond the price they “appraised” it at.

Great to hear you using the telephone instead of email too!

Phone is a fantastic underused tool. With email you cannot gauge your response based on feedback cues and writing very often fails to convey emotions correctly. You might come across arrogant or aggressive.

•••
It's always nice to hear of people who have chosen really intelligent names.

Names that aren't just smart but are saleable at the same time.

I'm happy for your 'hat trick' and wish you more noble endeavours over the rest of 2018.

Enjoy.

Thank you very much for the kind words! Wishing you all the best too!

•••
•••
•••
•••
Congratulation really happy for you.. Sold 1 domain and made 6 figures jeez... Pardon my mood just surprise cause, am new to Domaining. Recently bought a domain its two words dictionary name

CreateHologram dot com haven't been able to sell it. Even listed it on afternic ... Beginning to feel the keywords is not rich enough... Any help pls?

•••
Congrats! From what i remember, you have always been selective with domains, specially 4Letter, and it's working. :)

•••
Congratulation!!! Looking XX,XXX offers for Carbon/Steel/com :)))

•••
TYSM for all of the valuable info in this thread @Recons.Com, and congrats on the sale !

•••
Congratulation really happy for you.. Sold 1 domain and made 6 figures jeez... Pardon my mood just surprise cause, am new to Domaining. Recently bought a domain its two words dictionary name

CreateHologram dot com haven't been able to sell it. Even listed it on afternic ... Beginning to feel the keywords is not rich enough... Any help pls?

Domains are not about being "keyword" reach. It is about the keywords making sense and and anticipating that a company would want to start a business under that name proudly.

In your example, there are probably very few companies that create holograms and even then they wouldn't call themselves "Create Hologram".

Samsung is called Samsung and not CreateTV or CreateSmartphone.

•••
Congrats! From what i remember, you have always been selective with domains, specially 4Letter, and it's working. :)

Thank you, bro )

One has to be selective with 4Ls (and names generally too), as they are not a commodity like 2L or even 3L dot coms. A lot of them, probably a good third don't have a potential end user and probably won't have for many years to come.

I have 200+ 4Ls and most are good/great quality, while I did buy few (maybe around 15-20) that are not that good when 4L frenzy started in 2015. And no wonder they never get any interest from anyone )

•••
Congratulation!!! Looking XX,XXX offers for Carbon/Steel/com :)))

Thank you ) Not an expert in that niche, but wishing you luck :)

•••
Congrats Recons.com, great story to keep us motivated for the year....

•••
•••
Great stuff. Congratulations Recons.com. It is inspiring to know that such sales are achievable.

Also, interesting that you were paid in Bitcoin. Looking to sell my Bitcoin domains but unsure of best marketplace.

Well done again. Look forward to hearing more success stories.

Last edited:
•••
Thank you! I don't have much experience with crypto names.

Why do you believe it is incredible for the name? You know that gold/platinum and other noble metals are huge industry and that this is a dictionary word taken in many extensions and even with a dash?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Noble_metal

You say gold is huge industry. Any thoughts on LinearGold.com?

•••
You say gold is huge industry. Any thoughts on LinearGold.com?

Enlighten me, is there any meaning in "Linear Gold"?

Google search shows that it is or was a name for a company, but couldn't even find their website. Regardless, it does not seem to be generic.

•••
Great stuff. Congratulations Recons.com. It is inspiring to know that such sales are achievable.

Also, interesting that you were paid in Bitcoin. Looking to sell my Bitcoin domains but unsure of best marketplace.

Well done again. Look forward to hearing more success stories.

Thank you, Frank!

I did not invest in bitcoin domains, because I am trying to stay away from hype things and stick to the core. Hypes are major distractions and only those that start them and control them make money and lots of people are left to hold the bag in the end.

•••
Congratulations my friend......
U got great portfolio of 4L.com......
I bought a 4L.com from u few months back...Got good no of offers...
Best of luck

•••
I hold this for 8 years?

You deserve the sale

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back