Dynadot

.com My third $xx,xxx sale of 2018

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Recons.Com

Top Member
Impact
I completed another, third, 5 figure sale of the year.

The sale price from inbound inquiry was $12,500 paid in bitcoin. After CoinBase fees, net around $12,350

Original asking price $19,000. Starting offer $5,000.

After initial email enquiry, I made a phone call to the number provided. Made sure it was less than 24 hours from the inquiry to the call.

We had a nice conversation for an hour, but price negotiation was over the email. In all, from the receipt of the email to receiving cash in my account - less than 48 hours.

No escrow was used. We carried out the payment and name transfer "live" over the phone. He paid 50% of the amount, I moved the name, he paid the second installment.

The new owner is an amazing guy with brilliant ideas and feels good to know that the name will be put to a great use.

I will reveal the name later today :)

Sincerely,

El

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
you are a superhero!

Congrats! What a way to start off the new year!

•••
Congrats man!
I am new to your den help me out with some tips and tricks.
Does new domain names findings still get a right buyer?

Thank you!

Tips:

1. Stick to .com until you figure it out and are sure what in other extensions can sell
2. Research before buying. There are plenty of opportunities competing for your $, choose wisely. Look into each name, research, think if a company would ever want to use as part of its brand your domain.
3. Manage your cash flow. This is not a stable stream of income type of business. A recent poll here showed that 52% of domain investors made a loss or broke even or earned below $1000 for 2017. And if you were picky enough with your names, renewals will not kill you before you manage to make some decent sales

•••
you are a superhero!

Congrats! What a way to start off the new year!

Thank you! May all of us have a fantastic 2018!

•••
Congratulations brother.

I already completed $XX,XXX sale.

Couple $XX,XXX for one of my other name. I strongly believe it worth more. Negotiation still going on. Lets see if buyer come to close to my expectation. If not I strongly believe I can wait for better offer.

I will share full story of completed sale because it was very unique experience.

One thing is for sure. Inquiry increased especially after Crypto crashed from high. Looks like there was no exit strategy earlier in crypto. But that little crash made everyone realize to book some profit. Now people are coming back to domain slowly and gradually. Just my thought.

Thanks

Last edited:
•••
Congratulations brother.

I already completed $XX,XXX sale.

Couple $XX,XXX for one of my other name. I strongly believe it worth more. Negotiation still going on. Lets see if buyer come to close to my expectation. If not I strongly believe I can wait for better offer.

I will share full story of completed sale because it was very unique experience.

One thing is for sure. Inquiry increased especially after Crypto crashed from high. Looks like there was no exit strategy earlier in crypto. But that little crash made everyone realize to book some profit. Now people are coming back to domain slowly and gradually.

Thanks

Good luck and I am sure it will work out! You cannot get 5 figure sales, if you don't believe/know the value of your name. I sold this name at $12.5K only because I would have rather kept it for anything lower.

Cryptos are nuts! ) I couldn't wait to convert my money from BTC to USD ) I can't take such a volatility )) And also I have an MBA in Finance and Marketing from a top school and I cannot justify investing in thin air only because everyone else does and price keeps going up )

•••
The Reveal:

The sold name is a dictionary word dot com. Please don't type the name, as I don't want it indexed.

N/o/b/l/e M/e/t/a/l

It is a collective term for most valuable metals.

"a metal (e.g., gold, silver, or platinum) that resists chemical action, does not corrode, and is not easily attacked by acids."

It is a 20 year old name and I have owned it for around 8 years.

Interestingly, the name was rejected by BrandBucket and BrandRoot.

I suspect they simply did not know the term and thought it is a creative brandable? This is what happens when you skip your Chemistry classes )

There are tens of companies around the world using the term as part of their name. Mostly in gold/platinum services and trade, but there is even a theater in Finland with that name.

Show attachment 81116
Was the domain parked? If so, with who? Was it a lander? Was it found on sale in a marketplace?

•••
Was the domain parked? If so, with who? Was it a lander? Was it found on sale in a marketplace?

It was listed on Afternic at $19K, but the name forwarded to recons/com and that is where he got the email from.

•••
It was listed on Afternic at $19K, but the name forwarded to recons/com and that is where he got the email from.
Good domain and good sale. Congrats friend!

•••
i hope I didn't miss it.. but what was your cost price or roughly... and how long a hold?

nice sale again! I am sitll waiting for my first 5 figures! :)

•••
•••
Wow mega congratulations, an INCREDIBLE price for that name! So eager for a sale like that...

Gimme a holler if you’re good at selling crypto names :)

•••
i hope I didn't miss it.. but what was your cost price or roughly... and how long a hold?

nice sale again! I am sitll waiting for my first 5 figures! :)

Hold time around 8 years. Cost: not sure, but probably high $xxx, won it at an expiring auction.

Good luck!

•••
Wow mega congratulations, an INCREDIBLE price for that name! So eager for a sale like that...

Gimme a holler if you’re good at selling crypto names :)

Thank you! I don't have much experience with crypto names.

Why do you believe it is incredible for the name? You know that gold/platinum and other noble metals are huge industry and that this is a dictionary word taken in many extensions and even with a dash?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Noble_metal

•••
•••
Very inspiring sale. Good work!

•••
•••
•••
I completed another, third, 5 figure sale of the year.

The sale price from inbound inquiry was $12,500 paid in bitcoin. After CoinBase fees, net around $12,350

Original asking price $19,000. Starting offer $5,000.

After initial email enquiry, I made a phone call to the number provided. Made sure it was less than 24 hours from the inquiry to the call.

We had a nice conversation for an hour, but price negotiation was over the phone and took another 24 hours. In all, from the receipt of the email to receiving cash in my account - less than 48 hours.

No escrow was used. We carried out the payment and name transfer "live" over the phone. He paid 50% of the amount, I moved the name, he paid the second installment.

The new owner is an amazing guy with brilliant ideas and feels good to know that the name will be put to a great use.

I will reveal the name later today :)

Sincerely,

El
You are on fire my friend. Very well done.
I don't know if this is a 4L.com sale but I'm very bullish on short .com sales within the crypto space!

•••
•••
You are on fire my friend. Very well done.
I don't know if this is a 4L.com sale but I'm very bullish on short .com sales within the crypto space!

Thank you )

no, not 4L, it is 10L com dictionary term "noble metal"

•••
Congratulations! I wish you continued success!!!! Thank you for sharing, it’s great to hear the good stuff, it’s very encouraging (y) :xf.smile:

•••
Congrats . Powerful . uplifting . Staying strong !!!

•••
@Recons.Com congrats on a brilliant sale! An 8 year hold... now that's what I call domain investing! ;) (Also, fantastic phone/crypto negotiation... Reminds me of one of those ol' hit-man movies... "50% now, and 50% upon delivery" :laugh:)

•••
@Recons.Com Do you had meaningful offers for this domain in the past?
Congrats and thanks for sharing. :)

•••
•••
Back