IT.COM

question My surrendered VZ5G.com is now live (Verizon). Should I have not?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

WhoaDomain.com

WhoaDomain.comTop Member
Impact
Yes I'm that guy that registers TM domains. get that out the way.

So I had registered VZ5G.com and 5GVZ.com

Don't know if it was just the panic of having a huge company like Verizon having their lawyers come knocking on my door.

or just that I did not want that hassle. They came because of my VerizonVR.com lol yea yea. anyways.

So because of that I had surrendered all my other VZ and VZW domains.

I'm wondering now if I could have fought it like I did with my other ones and Lawyers left me alone. I mean sure the Verizon ones go ahead take those but VZ is such a generic term seeing as how there are so many other TM's for it below.

Verizon has had the TM for VZ since 2002.

but then again I could have argued that VZ5G.com could have been sold to other potential endusers that does not necessarily need to be telecommunications related as evidenced below.

Is it too late since I handed VZ5G.com and 5GVZ.com over of my own free will? I was scared so I said to hell with it. but now in hindsight maybe I shouldn't have given how I've "won" other TM issue domains in the past by proving the domains can have multi use.

I guess I'm just regretting it seeing what's on VZ5G.com now and how they are hashtagging #VZ5G now on Twitter.

I mean even my VZW5G.com and 5GVZW.com technically the TM for VZW wasn't until 2018 and I had reg these domains back in 2016.

or could it be because I had registered VerizonVR.com and VRVerizon.com that I showed a "pattern" and therefore all VZ and VZW domains are forfeit anyways? This was my thinking when I handed them over.

Plus Verizon did say. Verizon does not buy domains. I wonder if this is true? Has anyone ever sold a domain to Verizon? I think I'll make a separate thread for that.

sigh*************

Serial Number Reg. Number Word Mark Check Status Live/Dead
1 88123792 VZLUSH TSDR LIVE
2 88135773 5715513 VZ TSDR LIVE
3 88135850 VZ TSDR LIVE
4 87913448 5637557 VZWRAPS TSDR LIVE
5 87867883 5621357 VZ SPORT MATE TSDR LIVE
6 87845595 5595284 VZ OPERATOR II TSDR LIVE
7 87632762 5453488 VIN VZ ZEN TSDR LIVE
8 87239185 5344525 VZ AUTH TSDR LIVE
9 87139130 5229555 VZ4X4 TSDR LIVE
10 86546443 4884419 VZ VONZIPPER TSDR LIVE
11 86301811 4800783 VZ TSDR LIVE
12 86732356 5570930 VZ BLOOMS TSDR LIVE
13 86830310 5277129 VZ WEAPON SOLUTIONS TSDR LIVE
14 86566411 4841026 VZ TSDR LIVE
15 86983255 5404216 VZ BLOOMS TSDR LIVE
16 86702254 4944862 VZ010R SCADA.COM TSDR LIVE
17 86321064 4758787 VZ TSDR LIVE
18 86130442 4689752 VZ VOGUE ZIA TSDR LIVE
19 86012565 4614853 VZ VAZA SALON TSDR LIVE
20 85587478 4333772 VZ TSDR LIVE
21 85665376 4304576 VZ ORIENTATION TSDR LIVE
22 85778795 4446449 VZ EVENTS TSDR LIVE
23 85778773 4442549 VZ EDU TSDR LIVE
24 85486436 4731805 VZ TSDR LIVE
25 85445664 4207693 VZ SUNFLOWER TSDR LIVE
26 85247760 4140075 VZ DOME TSDR LIVE
27 85778751 4538869 VZ APPLY TSDR LIVE
28 78195822 3490085 VZ TSDR LIVE
29 77812076 3826366 VZ HANG TSDR LIVE
30 77517648 3720714 VZ NAVIGATOR TSDR LIVE
31 77537341 3880442 VZ SYSTEMS TSDR LIVE
32 77673847 3717876 VZ TSDR LIVE
33 77231609 3603365 VZ METAL OXIDE VARISTORS SINCERA BRAND TSDR LIVE
34 77447385 3536677 VZ COMMUNICATIONS TSDR LIVE
35 76277908 2787973 VZ TSDR LIVE
36 76654792 3185403 VZ GRIPS TSDR LIVE
37 75842310 2709669 VZ TSDR LIVE

Edit: I never reached out to Verizon to try and sell these to them ever either.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
wow, what an admission.

So you are like a mosquito?

•••
Have you considered just stop regging TM names? You have endless trademark posts here. You have endless advice on this already. What more are you looking for?

•••
Verizon defends their intellectual property, people like @jberryhill tell people here all the time to stop the improper behavior, but some don't want to listen. I would also say you are playing with fire because some companies don't go, UDRP they go to court under the ACPA which brings $100,000 fine. Like @JB Lions said just stop.

•••
•••
So you opened the door again, wide!!, regging TM names, again, and now you're crying
I was scared so I said to hell with it. but now in hindsight maybe I shouldn't have
Oh hindsight is such a 'curse'. I think the best thing you should do from now on is fight every single company that comes for your blatant TM domains!! And then, when the one, or more, company/entity does actually take you to court and you do get fined hundreds of thousands dollars or worse, you'll at least feel so much better because you stuck to your (empty) guns and killed your insatiable hindsight of what-if dilemmas! ...good f-ing grief. :xf.rolleyes:

And here is a question for the mods of NP. As regging TM domains is supposedly not acceptable here on NP, so WHY is a member who consistently regs TM domains allowed to continue to be a member here??

Last edited:
•••
As stated I surrendered the domains.I think I regged these prior to any good advice given to me on here.

a "good idea" is a good idea until it's not. I thought maybe VerizonVR.com could be a generic terms to be used for some VR experience unrelated to Verizon.....maybe..... Someone could use it for some Space related VR game.

Or heck even Verizon "vacation rentals" as I had read on here how VR can stand for virtual reality/vacation rentals.

Believe it or not I genuinely had that mindset prior to registering VerizonVR.com as it's been said several times on here over and over again with every TM thread on here.

"TM's boil down to Goods and Services."

Is Verizon in the gaming industry? Nope. Or Entertainment? Nope Vacation Rentals? Real Estate?

I "thought" they would leave me alone just on that. A safe haven and just sit and wait.

By the way never did reach out to them.

Again like I said. A good idea is a good idea until "it's not". Also it's my money to lose , plus egg on my face. no one else.

I gave up on it. And that's that.

The OP was ...was I obligated to hand over VZ5g.com simply because Verizon reached out to me for VerizonVR.com?

I assumed they had good ground to win and take VZ5G.com anyway since they can prove I showed a pattern of regging tm domains related to Verizon with VerizonVR.com.

FYI I actually got in touch with the owner if Verizon5G.com and was surprised how come Verizon did not take his domain. It was still in his name for months. Last time I checked was last year. If you check today it's now with Verizon.

Actually come to think of it. I remember checking whois for Verizon5G.com and seeing it was registered already and not with Verizon. Call me stupid but this wonder how something so obvious isn't with Verizon? And then that's when I registered VerizonVR.com. as stupid as that may sound. That's exactly how it happened. I think?

Verizon is a sleeping giant. They get around to it eventually.

Wasn't a total loss. It gave me an opportunity to have the lawyer give me the contact person in Verizon to pitch to them.

Free5G.com
Home5G.com
City5G.com

I will say this. If they ever came around with interest. They will have to pay thru the nose because of the domains I surrendered. They understand this already. But like I said. Verizon does not buy domains. (Still need confirmation on this)

I wouldn't suggest this but this is how this went down with Verizon.

To have companies you want to sell domains to.

Reg their obvious TM.
When they contact you.
Surrender them with no fight.
Then pitch the real domains you want and CAN legally sell to them.

Your cost? $10.

When has a direct "way in" ever just cost you $10? How many of us wish big companies contact us directly to discuss domains?

It's hard sometimes to get a hold of anyone in the company you want to sell a domain to. Next to impossible even with ClearBit. But if they reach out to you via a lawyer and you make the situation easy and hand over the domains they want.. They actually help you out with connecting with the right people to discuss the actual domains you want to sell to them since you made their job easy.

Again I repeat to all the negative people. I am not suggesting this but this seemed to work in this case. Too bad Verizon has a policy supposedly on not buying domains .

Turn a bad situation into a good one...maybe.

Could this be a way?

By the way. I sold PaladinDrones.com. there is a company called PaladinDrones.io

I'm sure they own an unregistered trademark for PaladinDrones.com NOW. But I registered PaladinDrones.com prior to them going live.

Also. For all the ones who repeatedly point out all my posts about TM and using this as proof that I'm some kind of baddie.

Let's not forget the fact that there are baddies on both sides of the coin like all the Reverse Hijacking cases where large corps try to take a domain from owners who legally can own those domains and in fact they won those cases with large judgements.

Why do I mention this?

Simple. Under God.

No one is innocent.

"Before commenting about the splinter in a person's remove the plank in your own eye."

•••
•••
•••

Verizon keyword ok take those but since there are so many VZ TM's is it really wrong to wonder? Those other TM's prove there are many uses for VZ. Doesn't or no?

•••
•••
wow, what an admission.

So you are like a mosquito?
Admission to what? I had a post about this already a while back. Nothing new here. What did I admit?

Basically I handed over my VerizonVR.com and then lawyer asked in essence "what else you got?" I have a feeling they did not even know about vz5g.com. wasn't on his radar yet so I volunteered giving it up. That's why I ask if I should have? They didn't request it. I volunteered. Maybe they didn't ask because they felt it was something they couldn't get from me? I mean I'm sure they have inspected my domain list prior to.

•••
Verizon keyword ok take those but since there are so many VZ TM's is it really wrong to wonder? Those other TM's prove there are many uses for VZ. Doesn't or no?

There is absolutely never any reason at all to register a TM name.

•••
•••
Admission to what? I had a post about this already a while back. Nothing new here. What did I admit?

Basically I handed over my VerizonVR.com and then lawyer asked in essence "what else you got?" I have a feeling they did not even know about vz5g.com. wasn't on his radar yet so I volunteered giving it up. That's why I ask if I should have? They didn't request it. I volunteered. Maybe they didn't ask because they felt it was something they couldn't get from me? I mean I'm sure they have inspected my domain list prior to.
gotcha. Well it's hard to expect people to say 'oh you should have kept it, why did you give it up?, what were you thinking?'

Last edited:
•••

Not admitting to what you're holding, when asked by an attorney for specific purposes, is tantamount to lying. So what you are saying is that you are now second-guessing telling the truth as you would have preferred to lie instead. I am done here.

•••
flawed logic (at least in your case)

This path i took was a while ago so memory is vague but I do remember now I saw Verizon5G.com was registered and not by Verizon.

Let me ask. How many domainers on here have registered a bunch of domains simply because they heard of a possible investable keyword? And pulled the trigger and went crazy regging domains based on that keyword they found because they feared someone else would grab that killer domain.

Everyone has done it at one point or another on here.

I saw Verizon5G.com was registered and in another person's account not Verizon for over a year or so.

Stupid as this sounds. I regged VerizonVR.com soon after that.

I wouldn't call that blatant TM infringing more like impulse and rashness and poorly informed decision if anything.

Also how many times have you had an idea about a keyword for a domain and check whois for what's regged or not regged? When you see some domains regged you wonder. "Does this guy know something I don't?" So you start to register similar domains.

I said that because I know this is already the label for me on here even though it's far from the 100% truth. Maybe 50%.

I did not want the thread to become a "here we go again another avtar629 TM thread." Plus it was said to be humorous not truth. Like making fun of ones self not literal.

•••
Not admitting to what you're holding, when asked by an attorney for specific purposes, is tantamount to lying. So what you are saying is that you are now second-guessing telling the truth as you would have preferred to lie instead. I am done here.

Quit putting words in my mouth.

The lawyer asked me if there are other domains I felt I should give to them.

I had to think really for a moment. Did a search for VZ and vzw domains in my account.

I'm saying did I have to? The fact that I had to think about it and check means I did not know.

I'm asking was I even obligated to go check? It's not lying if you forgot if you even have any other Verizon domains. Technically they only asked me about my VerizonVR.com domain.

•••

I wouldn't call that blatant TM infringing more like impulse and rashness and poorly informed decision if anything.
It is. It's blatant TM infringing.

•••
This path i took was a while ago so memory is vague but I do remember now I saw Verizon5G.com was registered and not by Verizon.

Let me ask. How many domainers on here have registered a bunch of domains simply because they heard of a possible investable keyword? And pulled the trigger and went crazy regging domains based on that keyword they found because they feared someone else would grab that killer domain.

Everyone has done it at one point or another on here.

I saw Verizon5G.com was registered and in another person's account not Verizon for over a year or so.

Also how many times have you had an idea about a keyword for a domain and check whois for what's regged or not regged? When you see some domains regged you wonder. "Does this guy know something I don't?" So you start to register similar domains.

I said that because I know this is already the label for me on here even though it's far from the 100% truth. Maybe 50%.

I did not want the thread to become a "here we go again another avtar629 TM thread." Plus it was said to be humorous not truth. Like making fun of ones self not literal.

look man, it's all good. Success in domaining is lots to do with keeping things moving toward real advancement.

We all have stuff in the past like this but you don't really need 'understanding' and 'empathy', do you?

•••
gotcha. Well it's hard to expect people to say 'oh you should have kept it, why did you give it up?, what were you thinking?'

People are very quick to jump on my TM posts and zero in on specific things I say and take it out of context. It's also my fault because I don't explain things thoroughly.

•••
•••
It is. It's blatant TM infringing.

On paper without background yea sure it is TM. But for NP who doubt my character with registering TM domains what I said I did is something many domainers on here can relate to.

Like when we first got wind of "crypto" or "Bitcoin" or "VR".

•••
Tell that to GoogleAutosales.com

OK, so because someone robbed a bank in my city then I guess I should go try to do similar and see if I can get away with it.

BYE!!!!!! I am unwatching this thread because.................... it will never end! You seem to LOVE the attention too! Enjoy and best of luck!

•••
Back